“Fantastic meal in every single way possible” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Dava

Dava
Ranked #18 of 246 Restaurants in Jimbaran
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, View, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Cash Only, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Description: The new Dava Steak & Seafood restaurant brings the modern steak house and seafood grill dining experience to AYANA with a chic atmosphere set against a dramatic backdrop of sunset and ocean views. Open at 6pm every evening, Martini Bar is the perfect place to meet friends and family for classic and inspired gastronomic cocktails, followed by Dava's innovative menu presents culinary works of art such as a perfectly marbled Stockyard Silver Label Wagyu Tenderloin and Canadian Lobster. Dava's wine cellar features an Enomatic Wine dispenser, inviting you to try several different wines by the glass in one evening, allowing for the ultimate wine tasting experience.
Singapore, Singapore
“Fantastic meal in every single way possible”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2014

I organised with Dava a very special meal for my parents, who I took to Bali for the first time earlier this week. Every part of the menu was, without fail, executed flawlessly and made the evening very, very special!

A starter of red wine poached pear sale with blue cheese ice cream, candied walnuts and balsamic gel, was a beautiful starter. Delicate pears with cold creamy blue cheese ice cream was complimented for texture and flavour by the walnuts and the balsamic. Lovely delicate flavours, with a real depth of personality.

A second course for me of baby calamari stuffed with fish mousse and cucumber gazpacho was an exercise in restraint. The calamari was beautifully cooked with a gorgeous fish mousse. The cucumber gazpacho was delicate but flavourful and delicious as an accompaniment to the calamari.

A second course of tuna niçoise for my parents was a superb de/reconstruction of a French classic. Lovely bold tapenade and anchovy flavours played beautifully off the fish and the dish looked stunning!

A third course of freshwater crayfish with corn chowder was rich and unctuous. Lovely corn chowder with pieces of sweet crayfish. It was a dish you could have kept eating and eating and eating!

A fourth course for my mother and me of seared scallops with potato fritters and eggplant caponata and romesco sauce was a wonderful pairing of strong flavours to complement the beautiful scallop without in anyway overpowering it. This was a clever dish where the strong flavours were expertly restrained to allow the scallop to remain the start of the dish.

A fourth course of red snapper fillet sever with spiced tomato broth and bean sprouts was a beautiful semi-fusion dish. The snapper was cooked perfectly with a light tomato broth set against crunchy bean sprouts.

A fifth course of wagyu tenderloin with foie gras, onion confit, potato and asparagus was visually stunning whilst being delicious. The beed melted in the mouth and the accompanying onion confit and potato made for a delicious second main course.

A fifth course of black cod with crab cannelloni ricotta pudding and lemon basil emulsion was both delicate and again superbly cooked.

The last course of black rice pudding with mangosteen sorbet and homade ricotta mouse was an excellent pairing of eastern and western ingredients. Whilst possibly a richer dessert than I would normally have picked, was very welcome. Excellent sorbet and seriously naughty rice pudding!

Service was absolutely faultless and the staff of Dava are truly amongst the best in the business! I had an equally nice meal at this restaurant last February with my best friend.

The restaurant operates a very reasonable bring your own policy should you have a special bottle you wish to use. The wine list, whilst not the most extensive in the world, does contain some very nice bottles, although at a hefty mark-up.

This is without doubt my favourite restaurant in the whole of Bali!

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank DiceyMorris1978
AYANARESORT, Chef de Cuisine at Dava, responded to this review, 4 April 2014
Dear ‘DiceyMorris1978’

Thank you for your feedbak after dining at DAVA Restaurant.

I am pleased to know that you enjoyed your special dinner with your parents and felt pampered by the 5 course menu and the warm welcome and attentive service from our team members. We are also working on adding more selection of wines to our cellar.
It was an honor to be chosen as the venue for your family occasion and I look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Best regards,

Sebastian Arnold
Chef de Cuisine

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Melbourne, Australia
“Beautiful location and atmosphere with good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2014

The restaurant and its atmosphere are great. The restaurant is located at the Ayana Resort (but not at the main hotel area where Rock Bar is). We arrived after sunset and missed the amazing views across the ocean and the pools. There was a live band playing music and our requests. The restaurant itself was very quiet when we were there which made our service even better. It is a fancy high end restaurant compared to others. The food was good, but not the best in Bali. I had the lobster and some of my friends had the 4 course degustation menu. The lobster was nice, but not very filling. The 4 course degustation menu was okay with the calamari and fish being average. The pork belly and desert were the highlight of the evening. The meals cost about IDR650k each including service and tax. I would only return here for a special occasion such as a nice quiet dinner with my girlfriend.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
Brisbane, Australia
“Dava, an absolute gem in Bali”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2014

What an amazing fine dining experience I had at one of Bali's best restaurants, at one of Bali's best resorts no less! The staff at Dava are professional, attentive and very accommodating to their customers. The service I received the night I dined was impeccable. The food did not disappoint either. The food was outstanding, none of the dishes we had that night (my friends and I tried a la carte and degustation) could be faulted. I believe the food was very well priced for the quality which was served. In addition, on the night we had dinner, there was a small live band performing before us which made the night even more enjoyable. If you're looking to grab a couple of drinks before dinner, check out Martini Bar which is located within Dava. They have a great selection of drinks which taste amazing. Or if you're after something that isn't on the menu, the bartenders will happily invent something new to suit your taste buds! Not to mention, the view is stunning if you're seated outside.

Overall, Dava and Martini provided my friends and I with an unforgettable dining experience in Bali. I would highly recommend this place to anyone who travels to Bali and is looking to have their taste buds delighted at a location with a beautiful view.

1 Thank nttl
Brisbane, Australia
“Dava, an absolute gem in Bali”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2014

Overall, Dava and Martini provided my friends an I with an unforgettable dining experience in Bali. I would highly recommend this place to anyone who travels to Bali and is looking to have their taste buds delighted at a location with a beautiful view.

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Excellent Food and Service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 February 2014

We were looking what to eat after a long day driving around Bali, decide to try the Rock bar, but as usual there was a long queu, being with my kids and parents, we were not ready to wait, then asked what else was available and were informed about the Honzen. Since it is Japanese cuisine and we all love it, decided to give it a try.

The food and the service were excellent, they accommodated us (6 people) even without having a reservation.

I would recommend this restaurant to anyone.

Do not expect to enjoy the fantastic view of the Ayana cliff, while eating here. After your meal, you can always walk down the stairs for the view...

• Visited January 2014