“A great homestay!”

Surfer Cave Accommodation
Ranked #57 of 115 Speciality Lodging in Jimbaran
“A great homestay!”
Reviewed 22 September 2013 via mobile

Diana, John, Michael and Charity are very lovely people.
I ended up not learning to surf as it was too big with the full moon but I happily spent some time at the local beaches.
Diana's and Charity's food was very nice and I felt like I was at home.
John is passionate about showing you Bali but I wanted to relax after travelling so he told me jokes instead!
Michael put wifi on when we needed it and helped put on movies for us.
I was happy with £30 a day average for food, transport, accommodation and so on. Best suited to a solo traveller wanting to see the island or a large surf group maybe.
My friend and I stayed a couple of nights and John even found my friend somewhere else to stay as the frogs and geckos stopped her from sleeping.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank jbrandon22482

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 September 2013 via mobile

Firstly, I cannot fault John and Diana. They are running a fantastic home-stay business, excellently valued accommodation in traditional surroundings. Unfortunately, for a city girl like me, it was a bit too authentic!
My bathroom was outside, which I thought wonderful at first, but at 3am being too terrified to go for a pee for fear of what would land on you isn't my idea of a relaxing holiday!
There is also no hot water available.
Diana does all the cooking, helped by her wonderful daughter Charity. The food is fantastic, the menu is extensive, and all tastes are catered for. I could have sat at the dining table and eaten for hours on end. The kitchen area is immaculate.
I stayed for 2 nights but only achieved approx 5 hours sleep overall. In the end John found me alternative accommodation which I was disappointed about having to do, but following a 21 hour journey from London, it was much needed. It gets very noisy at night. You need to be a deep sleeper or a keen camper to sleep well and not be scared of things that go bump in the night. In terms of transportation, John and his son Mike are happy to drive you anywhere for very reasonable rates.
They are a wonderful caring family and the accommodation is beautiful, unfortunately just not the right place for me.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank Angela M
Thonon-les-Bains, France
Reviewed 16 April 2013

I've stayed to surfer cave accomodation 2 years ago, it's a very nice place, with all the family John, Diana, Charity and Michael, the best hosters.
Diana cook for you, one of the best typical meal from Bali, and John show you the good place to visit. The accomodation are really confortable.
It's why in 2 weeks, I'll go back to Bali for holidays, and of course, I'll stay to Surfer Cave again!!!
Thank you for everything!!!

Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Melody558
95michael, Owner at Surfer Cave Accommodation, responded to this review, 20 April 2013
you are right, first by this opportunity would say thank you for having selected surfer cave Jimbaran as your preferred destination by chance. It was really pleasure to have you with us and you were enjoyed the hospitality and the service. Thank you very much for your valuable comments and keep coming back to stay with us after 2 years in this very near future.
by the time goes we also add other activity and service wifi and yoga is the new thing you can enjoy when you staying with us.
got your reservation already and welcome home .
regards from the endless summer island bali.
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Reviewed 19 February 2013

Surf, good people, great food, a place to relax and have fun. Most people who visit Bali tend to stay in Kuta, but they fail to discover the true essence of this place. The surfcave is located a few minutes away from the beaches of the south, in a place away from the streets and the sound of cars.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Berni117
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Reviewed 19 February 2013

I was looking to feel at home. I found it.
I first plan to stay 1 week in Cave Acomodation (my cousing recomend it), but i finally stay 4 weeks.
So good vibes, nice smiles, good food, no trafic to go to the beach.
I been thouch a lot about life there. Not only with words, but with the example.

If you have any problem, Jont will solve it.
If you need a surf teacher.... as Michel (Jont son)
If you need a great dinner... Diana
If you need a violin serenata for your girlfriend... ask cherity. (daugther)

enjoy !!!

• Stayed January 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank gallegoferro
this is really good chance to say thank you for your kind to make our place like argentinian foot ball camp.was really deep impressive for all either us here or all guests who was stayed with us at that time you were here. your way to sing in front of veranda while couple falling love is just remind us telenovela. ( soup opera).you show us how to work while you surfing .
the other thing, thank you for your good reviews we'll keep singing when other guest who falling love sitting at the balcony.
spaghetty and cheese is always waiting for your coming back.
spicy food and chilly will also still our favorite beside cheese. see you soon.
Cologne
Reviewed 27 November 2012

Perfect place to stay in Bali for everyone, and even more perfect for those who never travelled Bali and Indonesia before! Staying in Surfers Cace means you are a part of probably the best family in bali + dog! They take u to the Must-Seen-Places on Bukit as well as to secret places and moreover to local places. Food is great and I really enjoyed my Nasi Goreng cooking class. And next time there will be waves at secret spot! Haha!

Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MboMpenza
95michael, Owner at Surfer Cave Accommodation, responded to this review, 5 December 2012
very happy to contribute your journey with the real balinese taste. actually we still want to teach you how to make mie goreng( fried noodle). hopefully on your next visit.
the secret point will be really work when high tide , that's gonna make you ride more than 10 sec waves . especially on oktober till middle of december. i hope that place will be keep on that nature.
so we still can call secret point.
be ready for the new others secret spot for your next visit.
Kalmar, Sweden
Reviewed 3 November 2012

Super friendly family! They will help you with everything you need. The food is really good and the rooms are cozy. Surfer Cave is located close to Balangan, Secret Point, Padang Padang, Bingin and Uluwatu, so if you are interested in surfing it`s a dream. Visited this place twice and can highly recommend it. / John

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends