“Nice hotel, apart from the cockroach in our room”

Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran
Ranked #17 of 57 Hotels in Jimbaran
Reviewed 30 May 2013

We had to kill a cockroach in our room on our first night. Called the front desk and the duty manager came to our room within ten minutes. The DM offered a new room but it was already late and our stuff was all over the room. However there was no other follow up on the next day. The front office manager apologized for the inconvenience only after i sent an email and left a note in the room requesting me to meet him at the lobby "at my best time". Went to the lobby and the FO manager had already left and asked the duty manager to send his apologies. A waste of my time. This is the kind of treatment that a Starwood Preferred Guest receives.

Other than this small hygiene issue and the way the staff handled my inconvenience, it is a nice hotel.

3  Thank Adrian P
LM_Bali, General Manager at Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2013

Dear APran

Greetings from Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran.

Thank you for sharing your recent journey with us and for your feedback. I certainly regret to read about your experience.
Be assured that your comments are important to me and I appreciate how this has affected your overall image of our property.

APran, I do believe that feedback will help the Hotel to evolve, grow and better its service delivery.
I do remain available, may I be of any assistance and I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back.
Please do not hesitate to reach out to me directly.

There are newer reviews for Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran

Reviewed 30 May 2013

I picked this hotel to stay for our last three days in Bali, after a dive safari around Bali. We wanted to rest and relax and enjoy the resort, and the resort really delivers. We expected some glitches due to its newness, but all in all it was a very pleasant experience.

Good points:
- Free upgrade to lagoon access rooms when we asked at check in time (thank you Franklyn!)
- Yummy welcome drink: tamarind, palm sugar, and pandan leaves, so good!!!
- Awesomely comfortable beds and pillows
- Staff who were eager to please and always friendly, they arranged for a doctor to visit when my friend fell sick, much appreciated!
- Saltwater lagoon accessible from my balcony
- Close proximity to the fantastic seafood places
- Great security, checking on us when we had the door open while waiting for a friend to arrive.
- Fantastic massage at the spa
- Prompt service whenever needed (excluding restaurant service)
- Quiet and peaceful environment
- Quick and efficient check in and check out

Need improvement:
- Confused service at Bamboo Chic. Drinks only arriving after repeated orders and some never arrived, servers getting confused by food orders, and not telling us that the signature breakfast dishes were included in the breakfast set. They also told us we couldn't order a la carte.
- Good spread at breakfast, but a lot of the food were dry and unappetizing when we arrived at 9AM. Smoked salmon had gray edges, stews that had developed a dry crust due to prolonged heating, dishes with congealed sauces. The made-to-order dishes were not any better, our oatmeal souffle arrived completely blackened on top, and the croque madame arrived with the eggyolk already burst and the sauce sloppled on top so it looked supper messy and gross (see pic). The fresh honeycomb was a good concept but there was no honey to be had. I took a slice of Brie cheese that had internal mold--I'm no cheese expert but I've never seen Brie with internal mold. I decided not to eat it.
- Room fixtures falling off, despite being a very new hotel.
- No bath mat on the balcony even though we had a lagoon access pool.
- Mosquito spray was provided but the canister was empty
- Pool bar counter was so high we had to climb on the stool to reach for drinks.
- Airport transfer had no special touches. Maybe I've been spoiled by InterContinental but they give me a cold towel and a bottle of water in the car, and the security guard at the gate gave each of the ladies a rose at arrival--that's what I call service.

All in all, I would come back, but I'd avoid the buffet breakfast.

Room Tip: Splurge for lagoon access pool
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank irenenevada

Dear irenenevada

Greetings from Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran

First of all thank you for your review and feedback.
Please rest assured that I will work with my teams to ensure we address your concerns and I appreciate you raising them as I do believe it will help us go the extra step.

I am glad that despite some hiccups you were able to enjoy our Resorts and its features.

I hope we will have the opportunity to host you again at Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran and please do not hesitate to reach out to me, may I be of any assistance.

Reviewed 28 May 2013

we chose Jimbaran because of the peacefulness and nicer beaches. Although the hotel is not on the beach, its only 3 minutes away. The rooms and facilities are top shape and have a nice design. We had pool access which was nice, but not necessary. The rooms are very big and the bathrooms are amazing! Wifi access isnt the greatest, but its okay. The buffet breakfast is spectactular - don't miss out on that! We also enjoyed the free tapas and ordered drinks at the sky bar during sunset. Wouldnt recommend eating at the hotel for other meals as it is very expensive and there are several other much cheaper options within walking distance. Also dont recommend using the hotel taxi service that is very overpriced. They wanted to charge us $17 for a taxi to the airport and we paid $5 with tip for a metered taxi. We also got our own driver for $20 for a daytrip and their rates were much higher. Just tell them to call you a metered taxi at the front desk. Other than that, we loved everything about the hotel and were sad to leave!

Room Tip: rooms on the left wing (when looking out from the lobby) of the hotel have sun on their balconies du...
1  Thank ashbanana
LM_Bali, General Manager at Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2013

Dear ashbanana

Greetings from Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran

Thank you for the gift of feedback and I have to agree with you that the size of the rooms and the marble bathrooms are indeed a real comfort.

Jimbaran and its surroundings offer as well a lot of discovery and being closed to the airport it makes it very easy to travel there or actually anywhere, whether on a local cab or on a more comfortable ride.

It is always sad to leave a place you enjoyed and I trust you will keep on considering us for your next journey to the “island of the gods”

Reviewed 28 May 2013

We stayed three nights at Le Meridien Jimbaran last weekend. We decided to try out this hotel as it was new and we'd not stayed in Jimbaran area for years. Service was great, staffs were helpful and made our stay enjoyable.

Their salt water pool is something different in Bali. We stayed at the lagoon access room on the first floor, where you could just jump into the pool from your room balcony anytime .Pretty awesome.

It is a beautifully designed small-size resort located at the heart of Jimbaran, quiet yet close to the beach and the beachfront seafood restaurants.

Jimbaran beach in the afternoon is quiet and a great beach to spend your time for swimming or suntanning. In the evening, most of the beachfront restaurants take up the shore line for dining venue. Within a short walk from the hotel, there is Bamboo Spa by L'Occitane , an excellent upscale spa for those who are looking to pamper themselves. There are also few good restaurants/ lounge nearby such as Sundara@Four Seasons Jimbaran, Topeng Restaurant and Balique .

ROOM
Spacious, modern and relaxing. The lagoon access rooms are really recommended. We just wish there were more amenities in the room without having to ask for such as shaving kit, pool towel and extra bath maths for lagoon access room .

Overall, we had a great stay here and would recommend this hotel to our friends who are looking to stay in Jimbaran area.

2  Thank Siera1408

Dear Siera1408

Greetings from Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran.

Location, quality of rooms and service is really all you need to enjoy a stay in Bali. I am glad to read that we delivered our promises and that your experience was a memorable one.

I trust you enjoyed your re-discovery of Jimbaran and I hope we will have the pleasure to host you again in the future.

Reviewed 27 May 2013

Had a great time thanks to the staff of Le Meridien who tried very hard to make this stay an enjoyable one. As Platinum we were upgraded to a very nice Pool suite and spent most of our time in the pool.

The SPG coordinator was simply fantastic and did a great job at welcoming us with the papers, extra bottles of water etc... A very enjoyable stay even if the location is not the best on Bali. A nice addition to the Starwood portfolio with a lower price point.

Room Tip: We stayed in the fantastic Penthouse Suite with pool. That was quite a treat. Ask for room 525, it i...
1  Thank JohnSINSG
LM_Bali, General Manager at Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2013

Dear JohnSINSG

Greetings from Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran

Thank you for your review and certainly a real pleasure to read how our talents have made the difference!
I will be sure to share with the team.

I agree with you on the Aqua Pool Sky Penthouse. They are really exceptional, with their 246 sqm and double deck, private pool, huge terrace, luxurious marble bathroom…. Very hard not to enjoy them.

Thank you JohnSINSG for sharing and I trust we will have the pleasure to host you again at Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran

Reviewed 26 May 2013

Excellent service and fantastic pool. Definitely get the rooms on the 1st level where you can jump directly into the pool. We have lots of fun here. Excellent location for those looking to go to the beach, but quite bad if you wish to get out in the evening as it takes an hour just to leave the vicinity with all the crowd along jimbaran bay.

Room Tip: Get the rooms on the 1st level where you can jump directly into the pool.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
LM_Bali, General Manager at Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2013

Dear jasonsoh

Greetings from Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran

Thank you for your review and yes our lagoon access rooms are just a pure delight. Being able to jump into our saltwater lagoon from the balcony is just great!
Our teams do work hard to deliver a memorable stay and I am glad that you found our level of service "excellent". It is always very rewarding to read.

Traffic can be a bit of a challenge, however there is a lot to discover along Jimbaran too.

Thank you again jasonsoh and I trust we will have the pleasure to welcome you back at Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran.

Reviewed 25 May 2013

My wife and I had 7 nights at the Le Meridien at Jimbaran from the 12/5/2013, I cannot speak highly enough of the attention we received from all the staff especially the front office manager Franklyn. The rooms were spotlessly clean, the food magnificent, the helpfulness, friendliness and attitude of all the staff first class. We will certainly return to Le Meridien with the rest of our family at the earliest opportunity.

Room Tip: The lagoon access room were great for a relaxing entry to the pool and a short swim around to the ba...
3  Thank John G
LM_Bali, General Manager at Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2013

Dear John G

Greetings from Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran
First of all thank you for taking the time to share you recent journey with us and for your lovely comments.
There is nothing more rewarding to read about our teams and how they have left such a positive memory. Be assured that I will happily share your feedback with them.
The design and layout of the Hotel are certainly well thought and being able to “jump” straight away in our saltwater lagoon is a real treat and a great way to discover the resort and its features.
We look forward to welcome you and your family back to Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran.

Greg Gubiani

Also consider these accommodations in or near Jimbaran
RIMBA Jimbaran BALI by AYANA
INTERCONTINENTAL Bali Resort
AYANA Resort and Spa
AYANA Resort and Spa
#13 of 57 in Jimbaran

Been to Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran? Share your experiences!