“Room and stay were great but some small space for improvements”

Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran
Ranked #15 of 57 Hotels in Jimbaran
Shanghai, China
“Room and stay were great but some small space for improvements”
Reviewed 11 February 2014

we stayed at the meridien jimbaran and had a great stay. The personal service also given by the hotel manager Greg was very nice. We had a suite with direct access to the pool. The room was GREAT!

I'll start with some issues ( that can be improved):
there is a lot of smoke in the hotel from the fish restaurants,... can get annoying
some parts of the hotel need some maintenance
breakfast was OK, but the quality can be better. However good quality and selection of breads!
Staff was very friendly, but the internal coordination could be better aswell. I have to say that when some problem came out of this missing coordination it was always fixed well by the staff

but there are more plusses in this hotel:
As mentioned the room is great
The ice cream they sell is simply superb - a must try
they only serve Illy coffee - very tasty
the pool is salt water - which is much more pleasant on the skin
The kids club was great for our son. He loved it and the staff did a great job
the spa is very nice and good
they have constant nice music at the pool (if you want to read, it is sometimes almost a bit too loud)
nice restaurants around the hotel

So Meridien Jimbaran Team - thanks for taking care of us so well!

Room Tip: take the rooms with access to the pool,.... really worth it!
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Dutchguy_in_Allgau
LM_Bali, General Manager at Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran, responded to this review, 12 February 2014
Dear Dutchguy_in_China

Greetings from Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran

Thank you for your review and feedback.

I am glad to read that despite some glitches, you enjoyed your stay with us and were able to explore the property, Wala our Gelato parlour (I do agree the gelato is really yummy) enjoy the room and its direct access to the pool.

The smoke from our neighbouring seafood restaurants is basically related to the change of wind direction. Once the wind turns directions and blows towards the ocean, this eliminates any smell and smoke too.

Thank you for your kind words on our kids club. I will ensure to pass on your comments to them.

Once again thank you for sharing and I hope you and your family had a safe continuation of your journey.

Greg Gubiani

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (262)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Bengaluru, India
Reviewed 11 February 2014

We stayed there for 3 nights in february 2014. The hotel is beautiful, rooms are spacious and very modern. The buffet spread was awesome and even the food at their restaurant was very good. The most important part is that there staff is very courteous and always smiling and helping. The Only drawback is it's not on the beach but the beach isn't too far, quite a walkable distance. It would have been even better if they could have upgraded our room with lagoon view, but sadly they didn't. Overall, loved my stay there.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
LM_Bali, General Manager at Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran, responded to this review, 11 February 2014
Dear Surangama

Greetings from Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran

Thank you for taking the time to review us and for feedback.

It is very rewarding to read on how our associates showed their passion and left such a positive image on your journey with us.

Did you get a chance to experience our new signature breakfast and eye openers that we just launched on the 01st February 2014?

As you rightfully mentioned, we are just steps away from the Jimbaran beach, across the famous seafood cafe.

In regards to the upgrade, we had indeed a busy start of the month and I hope that your travels will bring you back to Bali to experience our other room types and continue the discovery of Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran.

Once again Surangama, thank you for review and I hope to welcome you back soon.

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 3 February 2014 via mobile

Definitely recommend Aqua Studio Suite in this resort.
Unfortunately they do not have the beach and sea view but lagoon pool is more than engough.
Especially aqua studio suite was wonderful.
Breakfast was also very variety and service was impressive.
They makes my last day wonderful in Bali.

I could recommend for family and couples.
Also try their gelato~!

Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank JJ012
LM_Bali, General Manager at Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran, responded to this review, 4 February 2014
Dear JJ012

Greetings from Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran

Thank you for such a lovely review.

A delight to read! I have to agree with you, our Aqua Studio Suites, whether lagoon view or access provide comfort, space, design and modernity. The saltwater pool feels like have the ocean in the property.

I will pass on your comment to our culinary team and service team too.

Wala, our gelato parlour is indeed a very cosy place to sample Italian made gelato all day long.

Once again JJ012 thank you for sharing and I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to Le Meridien should your travels lead to Bali again.

Bordeaux, France
Reviewed 3 February 2014 via mobile

We stayed with the family at Le Meridien during only 2 nights.
The hotel is well located, closed to the beach, with an amazing design and a beautiful garden.
But above all, the staff was very smiling, nice, polite and helpful to organize our trip, giving good advises !
One of the best greetings we had in Bali !
I recommend also the restaurant, Bamboo. The food is fresh and very tasty !
Thanks also to Gregory, the general manager that we met during the dinner ! He his talking about his job with so much passion, and attentive to his guests that we felt like part of his friends.
Great place to stay !

Stayed January 2014
4 Thank Pidjay33
Dear Pidjay33

Greetings from Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent journey with us and for your feedback.

I am glad to read that you had a pleasant journey with us and you enjoyed not only the facilities but as well the culinary experience.

Looking forward to have the opportunity to welcome you back on your next trip to Bali.

Lincoln, CA
Reviewed 1 February 2014

The hotel was chosen by Seabourn Cruise lines as our pre-cruise stay prior to our leaving Bali on December 7, 2013. The check in was smooth and quick and the staff was extremely friendly.
Our lagoon view room on the third floor was beautiful and larger than most typical hotel rooms. It also featured a very large flat screen TV. (which we never turned on) The view of the pool was pleasant and the tropical vegetation quite beautiful. The bathroom was very luxurious with a large, deep freestanding tub in the center of the bathroom. All the plumbing fixtures were modern and first class. The buffet breakfast in the restaurant was quite good with a large selection of fruits and other breakfast fare. In all, we found our stay at this hotel very comfortable and pleasant.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
LM_Bali, General Manager at Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran, responded to this review, 2 February 2014
Dear gitanherm

Greetings from Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran

Thank you very much for your lovely review and for your comments on our team members.

I am glad to read that you had a memorable journey with us and trust you had a safe cruise trip too.

I trust you will keep on considering us for your future travels to Bali.

Singapore
Reviewed 22 January 2014

Le Meridien Jimbaran was a very bright, modern and comfortable hotel. Around 12 months old it still feels brand new. The staff were friendly, helpful and welcoming, always with a smile on their faces.

I stayed in a room with direct access to the pool from my balcony which was something new and a fun addition to the room.

The hotel is located directly behind the famous Jimbaran BBQ seafood restaurants so you don't have far to go for some fresh seafood. My nephews who visited from another hotel especially liked the ice cream bar called Wala.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
LM_Bali, General Manager at Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran, responded to this review, 22 January 2014
Dear Graham H

Greetings from Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran.

Thank you for your lovely review and always a pleasure to read about our teams and there hospitability.

PS: I do agree with Wala it is a great gelato parlour for kids and for adults too.

Once again thank you for sharing Graham H and I look forward to have the opportunity to welcome you back.

Melbourne
Reviewed 21 January 2014

We stayed in this hotel for 2 nights before we flew back home on the 8 Jan-10 Jan 2014. I picked this hotel after our satisfactory experience in Westin Nusa Dua Bali which is the member of Starwood Hotels. So I assumed this Le Meridien Hotel will impress us as well, the pictures gallery were promising comfortably stay.

Positives :
I was surpised when we arrived, how small the hotel was (compared to Westin Nusa Dua), but I love the ambience...the welcoming staff that took us in the budgy to the lobby was exceptionally friendly.
The lobby of the hotel is unique, look informal and funky.
I checked with the staff of the possibility to upgrade our hotel room that we booked earlier through an Indonesian Travel agents. With the excuses about how full the hotel at that time (on first week of January though ??) , they offered us to upgrade to Lagoon Access Pool for $45++...from our Classic Room..hmmm... Then we checked both rooms (Lagoon Access & Clasic Room). Dissapointed with the Classic Room they prepared for us, which is at the very end of the building and the air-con was smelly, we asked for a better room, but no luck for Classic Room.
The staff were friendly to accomodated our enquiries, we finally offered an Aqua Suite with U$ 35++ extra each nights...EXCELLENT !! Very happy when we entered the room, clean, spacious, with capsule esspresso machine too..love it, love it, love it !!

I would love to recommend this hotel to my friends and family, the breakfast was marvelous, the pool look nice, lots of trees, the hotel though it was a bit small for a five star hotel but I enjoy it, no need to walk to far to browse the place !!

Now..the negatives
The hotel need to improve on the staffs' uniform, it look tired, one of your staff even had stained on her shirt, and the trainee staff used pin to replace her the lost button.

On the second day, at the breakfast buffet...I saw 2 flies sitting comfortably on the dessert, and also on the cold meat..ooohh yuckkkk (I have some photos of these)..I lost my appetite straight away, and my son stopped and refused to eat more. We got discounted for one child only, after my husband complained to the supervisor. She said, because the hotel is very closed to the seafood market, the flies were coming to the hotel too...I was just wandering, if this issue has been acknowledge, why the hotel management didn't took any action ? After I looked around, there were actually lots of flies flying around in the restaurant, on the wall, on the chair. Something I would never expected to see in a five star hotel.

My husband also complaining about the air con in our room, though we set to the lowest temperature, we were sweating and feel hot under the doonas during the nights.

Last but not least..the room service's food is very expensive..for U$ 20++ a plate of Nasi Goreng for example ?

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank beachloving
Dear beachloving

Greetings from Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran

Thank you for sharing your feedback on your recent journey with us.

I do appreciate the details shared and the Hotel has already been working on addressing some of your concerns.
In regards to flies in the restaurant, we do on daily basis pest control in each area of the Hotel with a bi-weekly fogging. I will review with our pest control supplier what else we can do manage this and if increasing the frequency will assist solving this problem.
I thank you for sharing.
We have started as well the process of changing our uniforms and reviewing our menus (including our in room dining offers).

I am pleased though to read that you and your family enjoyed your vacations with us and I thank you for your kind words on our associates and their friendly welcome.

beachloving, please may I kindly ask you to private message me as I would like to follow up with you on your journey.