“Le Meridien - New Little Boutique Resort Hotel in Jimbaran”

Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran
Ranked #16 of 58 Hotels in Jimbaran
Reviewed 18 March 2014

Location: A short 3 min walk to the beach if you wish. Otherwise, you can get the buggy to send you there free of charge. A few turns (3 min) buggy ride sends you to Jimbaran corner, where there is a simple hair salon, Kupu Kupu Spa by L'Occitane, a small Japanese eatery, a small bakery and some other small shops. Hotel is easily accessible to airport (15 - 20 min no traffic jam), you can get the concierge to call a reliable blue bird taxi (going by the metre) easily anytime. We called the taxi many times and move around Kuta, Jimbaran and Nusa Dua.

Rooms: Décor is pleasing and cosmopolitan chic as seen from pictures. Just the classic standard king bedroom is more than sufficient and value for budget conscious travellers. Size (50sqm) is spacious compared to the average standard rooms in most hotels. One thing I need to highlight, the bed is REALLY comfortable. LG smart television is awesome (I think). Approx 48 inches, watching movies has never been that cool during holidays. I downloaded my movies in a flash drive and just plug onto the TV (USB).... TADAH! It's movie time every night.

Bathroom: Spacious, bright and clean as compared to the average bathrooms. The standing shower and rain shower was good. WC toilet seat has auto gentle washer too (surprise). Bathing amenities were basic and no-frills. Bathroom lighting and cleanliness is very important for families with young kids (7 - 12 years old). I have been to toilets in villa which the lights are dimmed (it is really uncomfortable) and open-air bath styles. Sometimes, you might be bathing together with creepy crawlies!

Dining: Very limited with only a Bamboo café and in-room dining but this is easily rectified with the stretch of Jimbaran beach restaurants which is just a 1 - 2 min walk away from hotel. Just my personal opinion, there is nothing famous about these restaurants (it is a rip-off with $$$$ charges). People are flocking to the restaurants for the gorgeous sunset view during dining only. For half the price, head to Tuban and Kuta for nice and cheap food.

Pools: Nice, basic and clean pool. There is a small wading pool for kids too. The management and staff makes the effort to clean the pool daily. In Bali, I have seen many pools in villa with terrible conditions just after 1-2 days (dead insects, fallen leaves etc). This is very important for guests who wished to swim or lounge around the pool.

Recreation: Besides the pool, beach and spa, I'm afraid this is just all. It is nothing as compared to big resorts like Westin Nusa Dua. Not an issue for us, we hopped on a taxi and headed to Ayana Resort for the famous rock bar (it is only 10 min taxi away and cost US$5)! Very easy and convenient. For some quiet and away from the madness of noisy Kuta, Le Meridien Jimbaran is a nice place to chill out and read books, catch up on emails, watch movies, listen to music and simply relax for a SHORT stay.

Service: Good, prompt and fast. I guess there is nothing too much to fault as in general, most Balinese in the hospitality industry are always smiling, helpful and friendly.

Overall: Though Le Meridien is an international brand but this little resort property in Jimbaran is slightly different from the many other sister hotels. The resort is cleverly design in a big roundabout, compact enough for guests and staff to move around efficiently. Hotel compound that is too huge (like Intercontinental) also poses a problem - service tends to be very slow as they need to walk/travel point to point to deliver something to the guests. A great hotel to crash in for a short 2 - 3 night stay that won't burn a hole in your pocket.

If there is only 1 reason for me to return to this hotel in future, I guess it will have to be the spacious standard king room and its attractive rate (for an international brand).

Special message for Greg: The green pandan waffles - looks very yummy at first glance. But a shame, the chef needs to work harder on improvising the taste. It is really bland, should have some sweetness. This pandan waffle dessert snack is really big and famous in Singapore and Malaysia. I'm sure it will be a big hit once the taste is right!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank kpseah
LM_Bali, General Manager at Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2014

Dear kpseah

Greetings from Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran

Thank you for your detailed review and for your feedback.

We are indeed a small human size property with a modern feeling in the heart of traditional Jimbaran.
Being located close to the airport makes it an easy breeze to and fro the Hotel, with minimum traffic jam inconvenience, which in important in Bali.

The rooms are indeed spacious whether you are on a budget with our classic rooms as you described or want to pamper yourself and discover our lagoon access or even penthouse and villa with private pool.
All equipped with the latest technology and spacious bathrooms.

We do have only one restaurant, Bamboo Chic and we are just about to release our new menu, a taste of Pan Asian meeting French cuisine.

Cleanliness is important and it is a focus in the Hotel. My housekeeping team will certainly appreciate your kind words on it.

Being a smaller property that other, service is very important with a genuine Balinese touch, it all makes a difference.
Jimbaran is indeed the ideal place for a relaxing journey, a productive meeting, a family gathering, a get a away break.... and we are here to provide this experience.

Thank you for your feedback on the pandan waffles and I have shared it with my culinary team to ensure we address it.

kpseah, thank you again for sharing your feelings and I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back and taste our new menu and improved pandan waffles.

Reviewed 18 March 2014

We only stayed here one night as we had early departure the next day and Jimbaran is close to the airport. We were completely satisfied with the room, but really impressed with the helpfulness of the front desk and bell men. We have been traveling for a long while and had two large suitcases. We were going to Java for five days and then transit in Bali for onward travel. We asked whether we could leave one of our bags with them and pick it up five days later. No problem. When we returned, the staff welcomed us back like long lost friends.

While the hotel is not right on the beach, the staff was more than happy to take us in the golf cart to the beach and on a side trip to a drug store. The famous fish restaurants that are on the beach are literally, right at the back door of the hotel. Only steps away.

The pool staff is very friendly and we also enjoyed a complimentary massage at our sun lounges. The pool is very new and is shaped like a lagoon so it's interesting to see the hotel grounds as you swim around in the pool.

I want to specifically thank Femmy of the front desk who was especially helpful and directed us to a great last minute souvenir store near the airport, Krishna.

I would not suggest you stay the whole time in Jimbaran, but those who want to try it for a night or two should consider Le Meridien.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank lislander
LM_Bali, General Manager at Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2014

Dear lislander

Greetings from Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran

Thank you for such a lovely review and it is inspiring to read how our associates have left such a positive souvenir.

I will ensure to pass on your comments to my teams.

I am glad that you enjoyed your journey though Indonesia and your stop in Bali. I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back should your travels bring you back to this part of the world.

Reviewed 15 March 2014

Just Stayed for one night, very enjoyable. Staff are very friendly. I was arrived at about 9 am for check in, and I got my room before 10 am which I didn't except. Room.was cleaned with modern design. As the lobby is located on 2nd level. Bellman will use a golf cart to bring u to the lobby from the drive way. They will also bring u to the mini mart/money exchange which are one block away from the hotel. Very good service.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Julio I
LM_Bali, General Manager at Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2014

Dear Julio I

Greetings from Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran

Despite your short journey with us, it is a pleasure to read that we were able to deliver our promises and make your stay memorable.

We are indeed a modern property in the heart of traditional Jimbaran and I am glad you were able to experience us.

Looking forward to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 15 March 2014

I like the design of the room, it was simple and sea color and it has a comfy chair and sofa. The bathroom are huge with a large bath tub. It has also a semi walk in closet that i love because i can store all my dress and clothes in it. From the room you can see the swimming pool. The staff are helpful and always ready to drop us at the nearest restaurant in jimbaran beach. There are also a small store and spa near the hotel.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Dear Canpyon

Greetings from Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran

Thank you for your review and I do agree that our Aqua Studio Suites Lagoon View are certainly spacious (82m2) and offer all the necessary comfort, with the extra space for storage or simply enjoy a large bathroom.

I am pleased to read you had a memorable journey with us and I hope you will keep on considering us for your next break in Bali.

Reviewed 14 March 2014

The positive
Large modern room. Great breakfast.beautiful pool area. The cons. The non helpful staff. We arrived at approx 11pm. We were taken to our lagoon view room. Hmmm yes we could see the corner of the lagoon. There was a building blocking our view. We ask straight away if we could move and they said that the hotel was full and no other rooms available.the resort was empty. There was never more than two or thee couples max any where to be seen on the resort.

• Stayed: March 2014
LM_Bali, General Manager at Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2014

Dear vic3b

Greetings from Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran

Thank you taking the time to share your feedback.
I do regret to read about your check in experience and please may I kindly ask you to private message me as I would like to follow up on this and get back to you as well.

Thank you for your kind words on our breakfast and I will ensure to share it with our culinary team.

I still hope that you had a pleasant journey with us and I do remain available, may I be of any assistance.

Reviewed 12 March 2014

Dear Le meridien Bali Jimbaran's team,

We like to thank you for the beautiful honeymoon arrangement that you create for us. although we book and asked you on a really short notice. But we really appreciate it.

We really love the interior of the room and also the kindness of your staff.

Last but not least we like to thank you especially to Mr. Kocek - Front Office Manager who greet us on check out process and drive a buggy by himself to drop us from lobby to carpark. Thank you Sir!

We love to recommend this hotel to our friends and family!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Karel_Zefanya
LM_Bali, General Manager at Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2014

Dear Karel_Zefanya

Greetings from Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran

First of all congratulations on your honeymoon! and thank you for this inspiring review.

There is nothing more rewarding that reading how our associates have transformed your journey with us and left such a positive memory.

I trust you will keep on considering us for your next break in Bali.

Reviewed 9 March 2014 via mobile

The credit must go to the staff hospitality. Very very nice. And helpfull. This is the best staff hospitality over the hotel ive ever stay.

Not much i can share here, just only fabolous hotel. The only lack is the hotel location.without direct beach access, if they got it would be very remarkable

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank kakek_ganas
LM_Bali, General Manager at Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2014

Dear kakek_ganas

Greetings from Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran

Well, nothing else to add to be honest.

As a very regular traveler, it is very rewarding to read your feedback on how our team members have made the difference.

We have indeed no direct access to the beach, however are just a few steps away from the Jimbaran beach and the beach club we work with (drop off and pick up with our buggy is available as well).

Once again kakek_ganas, thank you for sharing and I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back.

Greg Gubiani

Also consider these accommodations in or near Jimbaran
RIMBA Jimbaran BALI by AYANA
Hilton Bali Resort
#23 of 54 in Nusa Dua
INTERCONTINENTAL Bali Resort
AYANA Resort and Spa Bali

Been to Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran? Share your experiences!