“Excellent design, service and comfort”

Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran
Ranked #15 of 55 Hotels in Jimbaran
London, United Kingdom
“Excellent design, service and comfort”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2014

This is an excellent hotel and shows off the hospitality that Bali has to offer to great effect.

The detail in design throughout the hotel is very good with modern looking and functional touches across the hotel, from the rooms to restaurants and common areas.

We were lucky to have a room on the ground floor with direct access from our terrace out into the pool, so we could swim from our room to the pool bar, which was a great touch.

The staff throughout were very helpful and happy to provide any guidance and support that we requested throughout.

The quality of the food at breakfast was fantastic. The options available were very different from the normal boring breakfasts found in many hotels.

This place certainly earns the 5* at a reasonable price and I would certainly stay here again. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: A room with direct access to the pool from your terrace is great!
1 Thank GME-SE10
LM_Bali, General Manager at Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran, responded to this review, 30 March 2014
Dear GME-SE10

Greetings from Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran

Well, this is how it should feel and I am pleased to read that you fully enjoyed it.

Thank you for your kind words on our team members and they indeed work hard to deliver our promises and leave a unique memory, which I am glad they did.

I will certainly pass on your feedback to our culinary team. We have introduced recently new signature items in our breakfast, mixing Balinese and Western cuisines.

GME-SE10, once again thank you for taking the time to share your journey with us.

Looking forward to welcoming you back!

Greg Gubiani

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (254)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2014

We begun our Bali holiday by staying at this amazing resort for 2 nights. Straight from getting out from the taxi, we experienced the world reknown Balinese hospitality. Very polite and friendly staff all around, they went all the way to make my stay feel as comfortable as possible. They never fail to smile and greet us wherever we were in the resort surroundings. Our luggages were handled without any problems and check in was swift. Upon checking in, we were informed that we were upgraded to the lagoon access room.

Lagoon access room - we were checked into room 107 which was very spacious and airy. Big bathroom with free standing tub and separate rain shower room. The king size bed was the best I have ever slept in! The highlight of this room was of course the direct access to the saltwater lagoon. We swam from our balcony to the pool bar! Very recommended.

We had drinks at the Smoqee rooftop bar on our first evening. Drinks were very good and the snacks we ordered were very tasty! However, the view was somewhat affected by the smokes billowing from the Jimbaran seafood restaurants below (facing the beach). But the resort has done a remarkable job of preventing the smokes from affecting the guests by installing a glass wall shield and cascading water fountains to filter out the smokes. I did not smell any smoke at any time during my time at the rooftop bar.

The breakfast was simply wonderful! I loved the idea of the chefs creating signature breakfast items fusing the Indonesian and Western palate. I tried the omelette chicken curry, poached egg with beef rendang, etc. which was awesome! Coffees are made using the Illy coffee beans and the baristas went the extra mile by putting in nice finishing touches to the coffee. Very impressed!

We also tried the ice cream at Wala - cheap, yummy and amazingly good gelato choices!!

Although the resort itself is not directly on the beach, it is only 2 minutes walk via the Wala entrance. The design and architecture itself make it feel like an enclosed oasis of calm.

I would definitely return for a second time! The service of all the staffs in the resort is truly commendable.

Room Tip: Lagoon access rooms are amazing - ask for the ones facing away from the main restaurant for extra pr...
1 Thank Kent O
Dear Kent O

Greetings from Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran

Thank you for your detailed review and your kind words on our team members.

It is certainly very rewarding to read how you enjoyed your journey with us and kept such a positive souvenir.

All this would not have been possible without our dedicated team and thank you once again Kento O for sharing your feelings with us.

I look forward to have the pleasure to welcome you back.

Cape Town Central, South Africa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2014

We visited Bali for a week in Nov 2013.

This hotel is difficult to find at night even with a gps.

We were upgraded to a beautiful suite that was directly on the pool. The only design problem with the room was the toilet. It was too small and the basin feels like it is on your lap. The bed was very comfortable.

There are buggies taking you to the entrance which is very convenient. The security checks the car every time you arrive which is a little scary.

The pool is awesome! Loved it, the breakfast was average but we liked the touch of having your name written on your coffee. A nice personal touch!

The staff are excellent and the location of the hotel is very close to the airport. I paid the deposit in US dollars and forgot to get it back only when I arrived home did I remember. The hotel had already emailed me and enquired how they could return the money! They went out of there way! Thank you!

Room Tip: Pool access room is a must
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Chelledl
LM_Bali, General Manager at Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran, responded to this review, 26 March 2014
Dear Chelledl

Greetings from Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran.

Thank you for remembering us and for taking the time to share your experience.

We have done since your journey in November a few changes in our breakfast, introduced new signature dishes and eye openers.

I would like however to receive more details on your feedback and would appreciate if you could send me more details at gregory.gubiani@lemeridien.com?

Thank you as well for your kind words on our team members and I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back, shall you travels lead you to Bali again in the future.

Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2014

The hotels feels like Le Meridien 'lite' - having stayed in other LM properties it didnt have WoW or the vibe of the brand. Rooms a large as is the bathroom. Ensure you have a room overlooking the courtyard on a high floor which will give you a pleasant view and some breeze. Due to my SPG status we were upgraded to a Lagoon View room which was well received. The standard/classic rooms overlook the carpark and have no outlook & regular car/bus/bike noise - avoid at all costs.
The staff are very welcoming and nothing was too much trouble. Rooms incredibly clean. The food left allot to be desired - breakfast was plain ordinary, nothing to excite the senses to start the day. Coffee is very good. We enjoyed a sunset drink and snack at
One caveat - even with a seasonal change of winds - you can smell smoke from mid afternoon to evening and depending on wind direction it becomes too unpleasant to be outside on your balcony.
We enjoyed a sunset drink and snack at Sundara at the Four Seasons - very very good when you can enjoy happy hour prices - the hotel will drive you there in the buggy - 5 mins walk. Had an outstanding dinner at Cuca - 5 mins away in a cab - sat at the kitchen / bar & enjoyed superb food along with some innovative cocktails to compliment the meal.

Room Tip: Lagoon View and or Lagoon Access
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
LM_Bali, General Manager at Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran, responded to this review, 23 March 2014
Dear Grant C

Greetings from Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent journey with us and for your feedback.

I am glad to read that you enjoyed the benefits of your SPG status and this really emphasizes the quality of the program and the rewards that come with it.

Thank you for your kind words on our team members and how they assisted you during your journey with us.

I am however concerned about your feedback on breakfast and please may I kindly ask you to share more details with me? I can be contacted at: gregory.gubiani@lemeridien.com.
Breakfast being the most important meal of the day, I do want to ensure follow up is done with my teams.

Once again Grant C, thank you for your time and feedback.

Cairo, Egypt
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2014

I spent 2 nights as part of my honeymoon in this hotel. The hotel is a modern style one, but it's not located on the beach, it's around 500 meters away from beach, so I wouldn't say it's a resort. Staff are helpful, I stayed in Lagoon view room where the view is the pool, the room is excellent in terms of furniture and amenities.. I liked it. You need to be cautious with the staff as they are always trying to up-sale, so when I was checking in my classic room they were trying to convince me take the upgraded room, and as well the breakfast is not included in the rate and it's quite expensive ( around 20 $ / person ), so in many occasions I felt that they are trying to up-sale as much as possible.. Even when i was asking concierge to call a taxi for us he was trying to make me take the hotel taxi which is much more expensive. The pool is only 1.2 meters deep which is bad.. Very shallow.

I would not really recommend it.

Dear Khalifa85

Greetings from Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran

First of all congratulations on your honeymoon.

Thank you for your feedback. We are indeed located very close to the beach, just across the famous Jimbaran seafood cafe and do work with the Jimbaran Beach club where we do offer drop off and pick (just 2 minutes away from the Hotel by buggy).
Our saltwater free form pool is in fact 1.2m which allows easily swimming, walking around it and maintaining a safe environment for all our guests.

Thank you for your comments on our team members and on the layout of the rooms.

Thank you for your feedback regarding your upselling experience. Be assured that our goal is to offer our guests the opportunity to enjoy higher room categories for a little extra and not to push for it. I will review this with my teams.

In regards to the taxi, we do want to ensure that the journey travelled is done in comfort and with quality cars and drivers. However I appreciate your concerns and thank you for sharing it.

Khalifa85, once again thank you for sharing as I do hope you are keeping good memories of your journey in Bali.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2014 via mobile

Went to Smoqee skybar. Its not really a big hotel but they managed to use every single inch of this lot and turn it into a very well-designed hotel. The skybar itself, is, something that i describe as a rough diamond. I love the vibe, the view and their foods (buffet) and drinks as well. Unfortunately its not so popular yet, just not as well-known as its next door spots e.g. sundara, rockbar and even Rimba's new lobby bar or something. I was the only guest when i went there and there were another 2 groups of guests consist of 2-4 ppl when i left. At the end of the day, its a great place thats worth a try. Keep it up!

Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Dewa Y

Greetings from Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran

Thank you for your review on Tripadvisor and I am glad to read that you enjoyed our cuisine.

Smoqee Sky Bar has indeed a unique view over the Jimbaran bay and its beautiful sunset. We will continue to do events and promote this venue.

I trust you enjoyed the rest of the property as well and I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back.

White Rock, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2014

We were upgraded to a junior suite at the pool level and we were comped breakfast every day... It was great waking up in the morning and diving into a pool 15 feet away from your bed. The resort is brand new... about 1 year old. The staff is nice and accommodating. There are some shops and restaurants at Jimbaran Corner about 300M away from Le Meridien. The resort is just across from the Jimbaran restaurants which grill fish over coconut husks... It does get sort of crowded at that end of the resort because of all the traffic and smoke. The resort has an agreement with the Jimbaran Beach Club, so you can go hang out there on the beach and that's just about 300M from the resort as well.

Room Tip: Avoid the upper level rooms (level 5) which are at the West end of the resort... That's the part...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
LM_Bali, General Manager at Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran, responded to this review, 21 March 2014
Dear sinner5

Greetings from Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran

Thank you for sharing your recent journey with us and for your feedback.

I am glad to read that you enjoyed the lagoon access room and it is indeed such a delight to directly access the saltwater pool from the room and enjoy an early morning swim.

Thank you for your kind words on our team members. We are located just steps away from the famous and traditional seafood cafes, which offer a unique experience.

I am glad that you had a chance to experience our partnership with the Jimbaran Beach Club and I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back at Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran.

Greg Gubiani
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jimbaran
RIMBA Jimbaran BALI by AYANA
Melia Bali Indonesia
#15 of 53 in Nusa Dua
4.5 of 5 bubbles 4,920 reviews
The Westin Resort Nusa Dua

Been to Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran? Share your experiences!