“Outstanding all round”

Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran
Ranked #15 of 57 Hotels in Jimbaran
“Outstanding all round”
Reviewed 8 April 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for 3 nights with a friend and was blown away.

The hotel itself is magnificent! It is so lovingly maintained, the pool and swim up bar are gorgeous, extremely friendly & attentive staff and exceptional food! Our room was absolutely stunning and we were lucky enough to be upgraded so we had direct access to the pool from our balcony.

Our room was pure luxury. Buffet breakfast each morning was amazing with so many choices!! We had lunch there also and it was equally amazing. The swim up bar is fantastic and the smiling staff are eager to make any drink you ask.

I wish I had spent more time here. I could have easily soaked up the sun in that gorgeous pool all day everyday for weeks on end.

And if things couldn't get any better there was even a delicious gelato bar in the hotel!! Will definitely be spending more time here when I return to beautiful Bali

Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Carleigh D
LM_Bali, General Manager at Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran, responded to this review, 9 April 2014
Dear Carleigh D

Greetings from Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran

Well, thank you for such a delightful review! A real treat to read and to share with my teams.

It looks like we have ticked all the right boxes.
We too, wished you would have stayed longer.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly may I be of any assistance for your future visits in Bali.

Greg Gubiani

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (262)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 5 April 2014

My family and I stayed 6 nights at this lovely hotel and found the staff to be very friendly and helpful. The amenities on the property were wonderful- we made use of the pool, fitness centre and spa almost daily. The hotel backs onto Bali's most popular seafood dining on the beach where the sunset is spectactular. We simply walked out the back and across the parking lot to a multitude of seafood restaurants. Getting into town or to other attractions i.e. Semanyiuk or Kuta is convenient, a mere 15 min cab ride. When we return to Bali, we will return to Le Meridien Bali.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Storm_Zen
LM_Bali, General Manager at Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran, responded to this review, 6 April 2014
Dear Storm_Zen

Greetings from Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran.

Thank you for taking the time to review us on Tripadvisor.

I am very pleased to read that your week journey with us was memorable. Our location, as you described it, is just next door to the famous Jimbaran Seafood cafe and Jimbaran beach. Sunset views from Smoqee Sky Bar are indeed spectacular.

Once again Storm_Zen, thank you for you feedback and please do not hesitate to contact me, may I be of any assistance.

Perth, Australia
Reviewed 3 April 2014

We stayed twice over a ten day period and loved the Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran. We were recommended to this hotel by a fellow Starwood Member and were so happy with the outcome.

From our initial enquires to checkout it was a faultless experience. The GM takes a personal interest in his guests happiness during their stay, this is one of the key points that sets this hotel apart from its competitors in Bali. I would like to thank the GM for his assistance during our stays.

We dined at the hotel restaurant for every meal over our three nights and were not disappointed. The experienced French chef runs a tight ship and its obvious he is working hard to instill his skills and experience onto his team of local staff during every service. Our compliments to the Chef, especially for the Pork Hock!

With the GM and Head Chef both coming from France it adds that level of sophistication while the staff provide the Balinese hospitality...a perfect mix.

We stayed in a Lagoon Access room and were delighted at the size of the room and bathroom with separate bathtub and shower. the room came with a large flat screen tv, multiple AV ports at the work desk, electronic climate control, inventive lighting, large king size bed with quality bed linen and a fantastic deck the provided direct access to the sparkling lagoon pool and a short swim to the pool bar.

This hotel's greatest asset apart from management and staff is its size. Its a boutique hotel of just over 100 rooms and this sets it apart from its much larger rivals in so much as its not going to be overrun with bogans or screaming children. Actually we didn't see a single bogan our entire trip. The Le Meridien Bali was a peaceful escape from the Kuta / Legian area. Light music is played through the hotel and grounds giving a sense of tranquility that we didn't know was possible outside of Ubud.

The Hotel Gym provides every you require, the best part was the ability to watch movies directly through my headphones while running on the treadmill.

The hotel is about 50 metres from the beach ( I read an earlier review that stated 500m from the beach, not sure what beach they were walking to). Just down the road you have the Four Seasons & Intercontinental Hotels. I found the beach in front of the Intercontinental to be the best, much better than what you'll find at Kuta / Legian.

Best bits:

GM & Chef
Efficient Balinese staff
Large room & bathroom
Direct Lagoon access from our room
Clean pool
Boutique size hotel
Location (in a more "suburban" area of Bali - away from Kuta / Legian)

We couldn't be happier with our experience at Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran, and will now make this our Hotel of choice in Bali and look forward to our next stay in June.

Room Tip: Book a Lagoon Access room, its worth the extra $$$
4 Thank Thaiescape11
LM_Bali, General Manager at Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran, responded to this review, 3 April 2014
Dear Thaiescape

Greetings from Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran

Wow, well not sure what else to add as you summarized it perfectly.

A real delight to read and even more rewarding to share with my teams.

Thank you once again Thaiescape and we look forward to welcoming you back in June.

KL
Reviewed 1 April 2014

Worth every single cent! I will definitely come back to Le Meridien again. Gorgeous and spacious room, nice pool layout, attentive staffs, delicious breakfast spread and the list goes on. With a very hardworking GM on board ,( we can see him pacing up and down all day - making sure everything is under control.I have stayed at many hotels and have rarely encountered such a hands on GM ) I can find no fault with this hotel . JImbaran Bay is around the corner as well. We were there during Nyepi and loved every single moment at the hotel.

Special mention to Ditta, Putu Mas, Nanda , Adit and to all the rest of the staffs at Bamboo Chic and Wala who made our stay as comfortable as possible during Nyepi . MUCH LOVE FROM room 212

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank ccluny
LM_Bali, General Manager at Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran, responded to this review, 2 April 2014
Dear ccluny

Greetings from Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran

Thank you for such a lovely review and for your special note on our associates. Such a delight to read early morning.
This is the love for the job and I am glad that we were able to deliver our promises and therefore make your journey with us a memorable one.

We look forward to welcome you back at Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 March 2014

This is an excellent hotel and shows off the hospitality that Bali has to offer to great effect.

The detail in design throughout the hotel is very good with modern looking and functional touches across the hotel, from the rooms to restaurants and common areas.

We were lucky to have a room on the ground floor with direct access from our terrace out into the pool, so we could swim from our room to the pool bar, which was a great touch.

The staff throughout were very helpful and happy to provide any guidance and support that we requested throughout.

The quality of the food at breakfast was fantastic. The options available were very different from the normal boring breakfasts found in many hotels.

This place certainly earns the 5* at a reasonable price and I would certainly stay here again. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: A room with direct access to the pool from your terrace is great!
1 Thank GME-SE10
LM_Bali, General Manager at Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran, responded to this review, 30 March 2014
Dear GME-SE10

Greetings from Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran

Well, this is how it should feel and I am pleased to read that you fully enjoyed it.

Thank you for your kind words on our team members and they indeed work hard to deliver our promises and leave a unique memory, which I am glad they did.

I will certainly pass on your feedback to our culinary team. We have introduced recently new signature items in our breakfast, mixing Balinese and Western cuisines.

GME-SE10, once again thank you for taking the time to share your journey with us.

Looking forward to welcoming you back!

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 March 2014

We begun our Bali holiday by staying at this amazing resort for 2 nights. Straight from getting out from the taxi, we experienced the world reknown Balinese hospitality. Very polite and friendly staff all around, they went all the way to make my stay feel as comfortable as possible. They never fail to smile and greet us wherever we were in the resort surroundings. Our luggages were handled without any problems and check in was swift. Upon checking in, we were informed that we were upgraded to the lagoon access room.

Lagoon access room - we were checked into room 107 which was very spacious and airy. Big bathroom with free standing tub and separate rain shower room. The king size bed was the best I have ever slept in! The highlight of this room was of course the direct access to the saltwater lagoon. We swam from our balcony to the pool bar! Very recommended.

We had drinks at the Smoqee rooftop bar on our first evening. Drinks were very good and the snacks we ordered were very tasty! However, the view was somewhat affected by the smokes billowing from the Jimbaran seafood restaurants below (facing the beach). But the resort has done a remarkable job of preventing the smokes from affecting the guests by installing a glass wall shield and cascading water fountains to filter out the smokes. I did not smell any smoke at any time during my time at the rooftop bar.

The breakfast was simply wonderful! I loved the idea of the chefs creating signature breakfast items fusing the Indonesian and Western palate. I tried the omelette chicken curry, poached egg with beef rendang, etc. which was awesome! Coffees are made using the Illy coffee beans and the baristas went the extra mile by putting in nice finishing touches to the coffee. Very impressed!

We also tried the ice cream at Wala - cheap, yummy and amazingly good gelato choices!!

Although the resort itself is not directly on the beach, it is only 2 minutes walk via the Wala entrance. The design and architecture itself make it feel like an enclosed oasis of calm.

I would definitely return for a second time! The service of all the staffs in the resort is truly commendable.

Room Tip: Lagoon access rooms are amazing - ask for the ones facing away from the main restaurant for extra pr...
4 Thank Kent O
Dear Kent O

Greetings from Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran

Thank you for your detailed review and your kind words on our team members.

It is certainly very rewarding to read how you enjoyed your journey with us and kept such a positive souvenir.

All this would not have been possible without our dedicated team and thank you once again Kento O for sharing your feelings with us.

I look forward to have the pleasure to welcome you back.

Cape Town Central, South Africa
Reviewed 25 March 2014

We visited Bali for a week in Nov 2013.

This hotel is difficult to find at night even with a gps.

We were upgraded to a beautiful suite that was directly on the pool. The only design problem with the room was the toilet. It was too small and the basin feels like it is on your lap. The bed was very comfortable.

There are buggies taking you to the entrance which is very convenient. The security checks the car every time you arrive which is a little scary.

The pool is awesome! Loved it, the breakfast was average but we liked the touch of having your name written on your coffee. A nice personal touch!

The staff are excellent and the location of the hotel is very close to the airport. I paid the deposit in US dollars and forgot to get it back only when I arrived home did I remember. The hotel had already emailed me and enquired how they could return the money! They went out of there way! Thank you!

Room Tip: Pool access room is a must
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Chelledl
LM_Bali, General Manager at Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran, responded to this review, 26 March 2014
Dear Chelledl

Greetings from Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran.

Thank you for remembering us and for taking the time to share your experience.

We have done since your journey in November a few changes in our breakfast, introduced new signature dishes and eye openers.

I would like however to receive more details on your feedback and would appreciate if you could send me more details at gregory.gubiani@lemeridien.com?

Thank you as well for your kind words on our team members and I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back, shall you travels lead you to Bali again in the future.