“The best Villa in all South Bali!!!!”

Hill Dance Bali, American Hotel
Ranked #67 of 108 Speciality Lodging in Jimbaran
Jimbaran
“The best Villa in all South Bali!!!!”
Reviewed 23 February 2014

Me and my familly stay more than 10 days in the villa and i just can say that it was great!!!
The villa is beautiful, really really clean, the room really cosy and you are just near a lot of beach, atm, and supermarket!!! What a pleasure to stay there when you know how Kuta's life can be crazy!
Thanks again guys it was the best and me and my familly had the best holidays ever!!!!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Kevin W

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
  • Slovak first
Reviewed 17 February 2014

Stayed in December for 4 nights. Booked 2 cottages and 3 studios. The property was in good condition and the staff were helpful. It took a while to get to the property from the airport on the day of arrival as we had trouble locating the property. The Cottage Rooms were big with king size beds whereas the studio ones were on the small side with . We spent quite a bit of time by the the pool in the morning but it was raining intermittently while we were there. Nevertheless enjoyed the stay and would recommend to others.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 February 2014

I recently stayed at Nona's for a week. Not only was the place beautiful, the staff was always accommodating. The rooms were clean and the beds were huge! We lounged by the pool all day and had the BEST BBQ at night. It's quiet and close to multiple beaches. We took a quick and cheap cab to Out a multiple times to shop, have dinner and party! Thanks again Matt and Lauren for such a nice, relaxing vacation. We will definitely be back!

• Stayed January 2014
Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed 20 January 2014

I booked Nonas for our family vacation. We booked the whole villa for twelve nights, or so we thought. It transpired that we had been double booked. Not a great start. The owner simply kept the money from the other party and refuses to respond to my calls/emails.
When we arrived and looked around my wife wanted to leave straight away, whilst the grounds and pool area were very pleasant, the toilets/bathrooms were disgusting. looked like they hadn't been cleaned for weeks (swept out perhaps, but cleaned...no). The bath in the upstairs bungalow was black with mould.
Two of the upstairs bungalows appeared to have birds nesting in them, the staff simply covered the beds with a sheet and left it.
As far as the food goes, it is listed as having a private chef. Actually, if the chef won't cook anything other than what is on their menu and they charge you for it, it seems to me that what is on offer is a restaurant......not a private chef. We found the food awful, we didn't try the barbeque that so many recommend, but there was nothing we ordered (choice of burgers, chicken nuggets, fries or fried rice/noodles) we actually finished.
In the end we lasted four days,(two of which our beds weren't made and the towels were never changed, we had to take them from the other villas) sharing the bedrooms with spiders as big as my hand was too much.

I emailed the owner advising him we were leaving, he turned up to see us off. (also paid for our transport to our new accommodation) He seemed a genuine, caring guy. He assured us he had another party on stand by to stay in the villa and he would do what he could to furnish us with a refund for the unused portion of our booking.
We have heard nothing since. We paid $6000 for four nights and he doesn't even do us the courtesy of a response to our emails.

I am aware this review flies in the face of most of the others for this property. Maybe our expectations are different to other peoples.
For someone travelling on a budget Nonas is perfect, the bedrooms are very nice, beds huge and comfortable and the pool crystal clear.
But it is sold as a boutique hotel/luxury villa, and at $500 per night it fell well short of our expectations.
It wouldn't take much to remedy things but I fear with the owner trying to sell and a manager who doesn't want to be there, there is no one with the will to do so. A real shame.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank jimmyk62
nonasbaliowner, Owner at Hill Dance Bali, American Hotel, responded to this review, 21 January 2014
Thank you Jimmy for your personal opinions of the villa. We ask that please, if you are not 100% on our refund policy which is clearly stated on all our booking websites, along with our personal website that you do not book. Unfortunately, in this case the party did not have clear communication with each other and some members cancelled a couple weeks before arrival for the entire party. We were then contacted (thank goodness) by Jimmy himself with his flight details only days before their booked arrival date. We had already been in communication with other members of his party to postpone their stay at Nona's? This situation was very very strange and off putting. We tried our best to accommodate the remaining surprise guests and even offered them the money from the other guests we had booked after their party cancelled and decided to take up our offer to postpone their trip. They refused the money and decided to put it towards their kitchen bill, which they (at the time) seemed very happy to do.

Only days later were we notified yet again by this party that they wish to leave because they were to far away from the "party scene". We hope that for all future travelers you can see by our description that we are in a rural area and not close to the clubs of Kuta.

We are sorry to Jimmy that his friends put him in such a pickle, but in no way can we take the hit for their unclear travel itinerary. They booked over the holidays and we tried our best to fill their dates after they left to try to give them some cash back (which we by no means had a responsibility to do).

In the future we ask that our business and reputation is respected and honored as we only put forth the most professional business practice. Please do not lie and take out personal vendettas on a public forum.

We understand the guest in this case wrote a review in a state of frustration and anger, and we do apologize again for your situation.

Matt and Lauren
Long Beach, California
Reviewed 18 December 2013

My husband and I visited Bali for the first time this past November and staying at Nona's was an amazing experience! We stayed in a upstairs villa with our own outdoor living room. It was very comfortable with TV / AC and plenty of room to spread out. The sunsets from the balcony were unreal! Sammy and the entire staff there made us feel like family and took very good care of us. Sammy made sure we got to see everything on my site seeing list by either driving us himself, setting up scooter rentals or hiring a driver for us.

We spent quite a few nights eating dinner at Nona's and I highly recommend it. The staff would buy whatever fresh fish we selected from the local market and bring it back and prepare it. The Jaffles (which i had never heard of before) were delicious for breakfast as well. After our days site seeing we would come back to Nona's and chill out in the pool and drink some beers. It's a perfect sized place for a group and feels like home at the same time. (We met up with our friends from Australia there).

The location of Nona's was great! It was close to Balangan Beach which we went to a couple times. Our friend surfed there every morning. It was also close enough to everything else we wanted to see: Temples, other beaches, restaurants, nightlife, etc in just a short car ride.

My husband and I couldn't say anything negative about Nona's - it was GREAT! We are already planning another trip!

Room Tip: Upstairs Rooms are great - they have outdoor living rooms!
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 18 November 2013

PLEASE TAKE YOUR TIME TO READ THIS...
I had my whole family from Australia stay at Nona's for my wedding I found it the only real place I could get all 18 people in the 1 place . My parents had never travelled before to Bali so I wanted to make sure they where comfortable and had the family with them for support.
They had an amazing time from start to finish Sam the manager made them feel like family taking the kids in his van all 8 f them to the beach every morning.
Also coordinating the staff with any special request for breakfast as my Mum is a fussy eater. It just seemed they had everything at there finger tips the staff made so much effort to make them feel at home,
From organising in house massages to the most amazing seafood BBQ my family ever had there was just to much of everything on the table.
Apart form the food and the service I would just like to thank the Owners Matt and Lauren especially for taking the time to help with my booking you guys are so professional at what you do also help organising the transport daily for trips to the Zoo,Water bomb park, Ulluwatu also to and from the wedding . Your drivers/ tour guides are so informative and didn't miss a beat.
The accommodation was also amazing it was like each family had there own private villa they way the rooms are situated makes for so much privacy it was great for my Dad who in the afternoon could sit down on his Balcony and watch the football over a cold beer whilst the kids could go crazy in the pool.
Will I stay there again or the question is when can I please get back there the memory's will last a life time.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Martink1973
Petaling Jaya, Malaysia
Reviewed 17 November 2013

We arrived at Nona's Bali and very impressed with the surroundings. It has double story rooms in one place and ideal for group holiday. The rooms are clean, cozy with air-conditioning. Friendly staffs and the breakfast (banana pancake and fresh mango juice was delicious) were great. Kids enjoy the mini swimming pool. Not far from the villa, the beach is just 5 minutes away (by motorbike) to enjoy surfing and a good swim. We really enjoy this awesome trip.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family