Jolie Hostel
Belmond Jimbaran Puri(Jimbaran)
US$363
US$377
  • Pool
Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran(Jimbaran)(Great Value!)
US$144
US$128
  • Breakfast included
Keraton Jimbaran Beach Resort(Jimbaran)(Great Value!)
US$145
US$127
  • Breakfast included
US$234
US$212
Agoda.com
Jamahal Private Resort & Spa(Jimbaran)
US$312
US$275
US$284
US$261
US$823
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 29 July 2013

In fairness to Jolie Hostel, their bunk beds are the best beds I have ever slept in in a hostel!
Other than that, it was pretty disappointing.

Here are the reasons I have given it a "poor" rating:

- The hostel is in a strange location, just off a very busy road, near GWK. The location isn't too bad in terms of exploring the beaches of the Bukit Peninsula, but in order to do so is is ESSENTIAL that you have a moped/car. You won't want to stay around the hostel.

- We tried to hire a moped or car from Jolie Hostel, but were informed that there were no mopeds or cars available to rent in the whole of the Bukit Peninsula, unless we wanted to hire a driver as well which would be pretty pricey. So we ended up taking a taxi to and from the beach, which was expensive in itself. This was particularly frustrating as when we later tried to hire a moped from a different place, this was no problem, and it was cheaper than Jolie Hostel advertised.

- Breakfast is listed as "included" in the price. But in reality, what this means is that the hostel put out cheap white bread and eggs for guests to cook their own breakfast. This is fine, but as this wasn't the case in any other place we stayed, I think this should be made clear on the website.

- Whilst guests are free to use the kitchen, the fridge is for "Staff use only", which makes the kitchen pretty useless, i.e. you can't even store a bottle of milk or fruit juice.

- The rooms were nicely kept, and fairly clean. However, the bathrooms were dirty, and didn't smell great. They also consistently had no toilet roll, even when we told reception there wasn't any.

I am in no way a "precious" traveller, however I really felt that Jolie Hostel was over-priced for what we got. We (myself and 2 friends) stayed at Jolie for 2 nights, and then moved to a great villa near Balangan beach. It was in a great location, spotlessly clean, close to the beach, private room and bathroom, and delicious breakfast with fresh fruit and pancakes every morning. We were also able to rent scooters from our villa no problem for $5 a day; half the price of Jolie. The villa was cheaper than a shared room in Jolie.

Basically, have a look on airbnb, or other villa websites, for a much better deal!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 July 2013

Staff are very friendly, rooms are clean, location is good although a ped needs to be rented to access the closest beach. pool is nice and overall an excellent stay, in close proximity to local warung's and restaurants. Would highly recommend the hostel

Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 July 2013

I stay in hotels about 150 nights a year and I can say that Jolie Hostel has one of the most comfortable beds I have slept in. The mattresses are new, the sheets are clean, and the pillow comfortable. The whole place is very new which is nice because the air conditioners are quiet, and the bunk beds are very sturdy so they don't make noise or disturb the other people. The location is great as it is very close to the airport, close to nice beaches, close to the night life, and places to walk to where you can get food/water/beer/whatever. One of the nicest things about the location is that it is off the main road, which makes it totally quiet at night and also get you away from all the dust/smog/and exhaust.

List of great things:

-Staff is awesome
-Breakfast every morning
-High Speed Wifi
-Pool!

Room Tip: Pay the extra couple of dollars for the room with 4 beds or less. 6 people is way too many to get a good night's sleep. Maybe with 5 other friends it would be good!
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Travis O
Reviewed 24 June 2013

I stayed 4 nights in this hostel. It was very clean, nice dorms, great pool and very helpfull staff.
You will have a lot of fun there, as you go out in the evening or just when some good music is played at the reception.

The hostel is located in the middle, so you need a motorbike to see the places. Its definitly a good accomondation to start in Bali.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 May 2013

This was the best hostel I have ever stayed in. The beds are so comfortable and safe and secure lockers are provided. The staff make your stay so much better. They are so friendly and always willing to provide any local knowledge as well as helping with bookings of any tours you need. The hostel is very relaxing and is in a quiet area if thats what you want, great pool there too to chill out and free Wi-fi. Thats what I was looking for and Jolie Hostel surpassed all my expectations. I'm not one for writing reviews, but I felt this hostel totally deserved brilliant recognition. Thanks so much for making my stay that much more better. When I come back to Bali, I'll be checking in here again. So thanks to Rady and all the other staff.
C u again,