NIce hotel! Peaceful, quiet and handy for the airport. Very nice pool; I am a nature-lover so especially enjoyed the grounds and fish ponds. Unfortunately, the walking trail that we tried to use was overgrown and inaccessible, possibly because it was low season. Meals were very good and the view from the dining room lovely. The kitchen staff and the hotel driver were all very friendly, helpful and efficient. They were great!
Our reservations were made months in advance, online, through Asian Accommodation and Tours (and paid via PayPal). Once we had booked and paid, however, Asian Accommodation and Tours no longer responded to our emails when we wanted to confirm or adjust our accommodation and transfer arrangements. They simply ignored our emails. The end result was some unnecessary anxiety plus a long, sweaty, uncomfortable wait at Denpasar airport for a hotel transfer that never came - despite the fact that we had phoned them from Lombok two days previously and were given verbal assurance that all reservation and transfer arrangements were in order! When we eventually reached the hotel, the apologetic and helpful hotel manager WAS expecting us, but she had no idea that we needed an airport transfer - a miscommunication could have been avoided had the booking agent maintained communication. I would not book through Asian Tours and Accommodation again; nor should Udayana Kingfisher Lodge.
If you plan to stay at Udayana Kingfisher Lodge, I would recommend booking either through a different agency or directly through the hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Udayana Kingfisher Eco Lodge is our first eco lodge, is the centre of our company and is the first small hotel in Indonesia to obtain international eco certification from Green Globe. This lodge is the eco standard for all our other lodges. Situated in beautiful gardens with a swimming pool in the Jimbaran hills of South Bali, the lodge is a perfect base not only to discover Bali but Indonesia through our other eco lodges. Aroud the lodge is a bird sanctuary with two species of Kingfisher, The Javan being the lodge icon. There have been over 50 species recorded in the gardens. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Travel Republic (UK) and Cancelon so you can book your Udayana Kingfisher Eco Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Udayana Kingfisher Eco Hotel Jimbaran
- Udayana Kingfisher Eco Lodge Bali/Jimbaran