My spouse and I spent three nights at the Kingfisher Udayana Lodge in the last week of March, one leg of a trip in which we stayed at four of the ecolodges. We had an exceptional experience at the lodge. The staff were very welcoming and pleasant and this greatly enhanced our experience; Nyoman and Kadek in particular were very helpful and made us feel like we were at home. The lodge is situated on a hill overlooking the southern part of Bali that is located on a wooded section of the campus of Udayana University far removed the hustle and bustle that characterizes much of Bali. A number of nature trails wind through the woods. The lodge has a very nice pool with wonderful views. We took part in a number of excursions organized by the staff; birding at the treatment ponds, beach at Nusa Dua, Kecak Dance at Ula Watu temple, dinner at Restaurant Cuisine on Jimhbaran Beach, and a two day trip to West Bali National Park, all of which we recommend to others. The lodge is a two story building with the 10 rooms on the lower level and the upper level is a large open area with a dining area and a lounge/library. The multi-course meals were very good and we enjoyed long-leisurely breakfasts and dinners sitting in the open area overlooking the island. The staff are very proud of the environment friendly features of the lodge and it is encouraging to know that at least a few are working to improve environmental awareness on Bali.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Udayana Kingfisher Eco Lodge is our first eco lodge, is the centre of our company and is the first small hotel in Indonesia to obtain international eco certification from Green Globe. This lodge is the eco standard for all our other lodges. Situated in beautiful gardens with a swimming pool in the Jimbaran hills of South Bali, the lodge is a perfect base not only to discover Bali but Indonesia through our other eco lodges. Aroud the lodge is a bird sanctuary with two species of Kingfisher, The Javan being the lodge icon. There have been over 50 species recorded in the gardens. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Agoda, Traveltool, S.L.U. and Cancelon so you can book your Udayana Kingfisher Eco Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Udayana Kingfisher Eco Hotel Jimbaran
- Udayana Kingfisher Eco Lodge Bali/Jimbaran