“A quiet sanctuary”

Ranked #12 of 57 Hotels in Jimbaran
Melbourne, Australia
“A quiet sanctuary”
Reviewed 2 November 2013

We stayed at the RIMBA for an additional three nights after our wedding at AYANA Resort and I am glad we did. All the staff members at RIMBA were very friendly and helpful and they are always willing to do as much as they can to make our stay a comfortable one.
RIMBA is just a quick shuttle ride away from AYANA and it is definitely much more quieter and less crowded than sister resort AYANA.
Got to love the overall architect of the resort! My favorite has got to be that circular chill-out area by the lobby. Free and reliable WI-FI is also provided throughout the resort which is very convenient.
Buffet breakfast at the TO'GE restaurant was great, a good variety of food to choose from.
The highlight of our stay has got to be the swimming pool – this is possibly the cleanest pool we have ever been in. We'll probably try to get the pool access room on our next visit.
We were given a complimentary upgrade to the Jimbaran Bay Room as a wedding gift and I really appreciate that. I would also like to take this opportunity thank the staff for allowing us to check-out later than usual as our flight was late in the evening.
Many thanks again to everyone at RIMBA for making our stay such a memorable one, can't wait to return in the near future!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank pdra
RimbaJimbaranBali, General Manager at RIMBA Jimbaran BALI by AYANA, responded to this review, 2 December 2013
Dear ‘pdra’,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience with us.

I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and that you felt spoilt by our facilities, swimming pools, To’ge breakfast buffet, and that you were well-cared for by our staff. We wish you a happily ever after wedding, it was an honor to have you stay with us for your honeymoon.

Warmest regards,

Roger Habermacher

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (241)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Menifee, California
Reviewed 24 October 2013

We stayed for two nights, and although the Rimba had not officially opened yet, we were still very impressed. The overall design is really cool, the rooms are well appointed and the staff is incredibly helpful and friendly. The lobby is one of the most spectacular I've ever seen and I highly recommend watching a sunset from there. Amazing! I'm sure when all of the trees grow in it will also create more of a forest like vibe. Visiting the sister resort, Ayana, was made very easy via the shuttles that come to the lobby every 5 minutes or so.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank SueziQT
Dear ‘SueziQT’,

Thank you very much for your positive feedback on your recent stay at RIMBA.

I am delighted that you were impressed by our facilities, caring and helpful service, shuttle access to AYANA, and had an overall memorable experience at the hotel.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon on your next visit to Bali.

Bhutan
Reviewed 23 October 2013 via mobile

I have been to Bali several times, and I have to say that it is one of the best i have ever stayed at.
The bathroom is awesome, the hotel room is pristine clean, the service is superb, they will help you if you need anything.
I stayed there for a friend's wedding in Ayana. Rimba is a sister hotel of Ayana. But let me tell you something, its a smarter and comfier sister than Ayana. Its newer, than Ayana, less crowded than Ayana. And they can assist you immediately, unlike Ayana, they are too busy attending and helping dozens of guests checking in or checking out.
I accidentally dropped my cellfone into the pool, and 5 guys helped me to get my fone. When I give them some tips, all of them refused. This is very surprising to me, as usually they would even ask for one.
And, i forgot to mention how comfortable it is to chill beside the pools, on those little hoods! You've got to try their beef rendang pizza and babi guling pizza, they are very Balinese and taste good!
Shuttle to Ayana from Rimba is free! They are simply amazing!

Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
4 Thank GoGoRicea
Dear ‘GoGoRicea’,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience about RIMBA Jimbaran Bali.

I am thrilled to read that your stay was exceptional and that our staff took special care of you. I will share this with the team who will feel very rewarded by your feedback.

I am delighted that you enjoyed RIMBA’s six swimming pools, modern stylish design, and convenient shuttle service to AYANA and Rock Bar. Again, thank you for the inspiring feedback, we look forward to welcoming you back for another amazing experience in future.

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 22 October 2013

I had 2 nights stay at this hotel in October, first impression, the hotel lobby was amazing. This hotel has several magnificent pools and fish ponds. Although, the surrounding still looked very dry and empty. Trees and plants were still new. Maybe in the next 1-2 years, you will get the feeling you're in the jungle like the picture on their website.

Breakfast was okay, similar to other 5 star hotels, the only thing I noticed and liked was the idea how they served water. They put each water jug with some leaves, I remember there were 3, mints, lemon grass, and the other one I cant seem to recall. I first thought they were decorations.

The room has nice designs, not very spacious unfortunately. There were things I complained about, first they only have 1 mirror! I was surprised to find only 1 small mirror in the bathroom. They should have another one or 2, especially near the door entry or on the closet. Guests will definitely need another one!

Bathroom was quite small. Compared to other resorts in Bali, unfortunately, the bathroom in this hotel for deluxe room is quite small.

This hotel does not have ocean/beach view, if you want to get the best ocean view, then you should go to Ayana, its sister hotel. They are in the same complex, connected by a shuttle which operates every 15 mins.

Overall, this hotel is still very good. If you do not have budget to stay in Ayana, Rimba is your option, pay less but you'll get same facilities as you stay in Ayana.

Don't forget to visit the Rock bar in Ayana, they give priority for Rimba guests well.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank lilaparamita
Dear ‘lilaparamita’,

Thank you very much for your valuable and honest feedback following your stay at RIMBA Jimbaran Bali.

I am happy to learn that you enjoyed the various resort facilities and our services, the room design and access to AYANA facilities including Rock Bar. In relation to the gardens, as you mention the hotel is very new but tropical plants grow quickly, and we are already seeing many of our fragipani trees and bougainvillea in bloom and our gardens becoming lush and vibrant. The room size is smaller than the rooms at AYANA (a standard room at RIMBA is 38 square meters, compared to 48sqm at AYANA), but it does include a full length mirror on the back of the bathroom sliding door.

We do hope that we will be able to welcome you back to experience RIMBA Jimbaran Bali again.

Best regards

Jakarta
Reviewed 20 October 2013 via mobile

I stayed in this hotel for 1 night. The location is really nice. In the same area with Ayana. At that time, there were still some development in the other wings.

At the price, this hotel provides the equal quality of service and stay. The bed is nice, the bathroom is perfect, the amenities is surprisingly perfect and complete.

If you're staying in this hotel you are eligible to use Ayana's facility as well. Including priority queue at the Rock Bar.

I might get back there for holiday.

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank UpeJakarta
Dear UpeJakarta,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at RIMBA Jimbaran Bali on TripAdvisor. I was delighted to hear that you had an excellent stay and enjoyed the location, service, room design and amenities, and access to the facilities of AYANA Resort and Spa.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the resort for another great holiday in the near future.

Roger Habermacher
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jimbaran
Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran
#13 of 57 in Jimbaran
4.5 of 5 bubbles 3,441 reviews
INTERCONTINENTAL Bali Resort
The Villas at AYANA Resort BALI

Been to RIMBA Jimbaran BALI by AYANA? Share your experiences!