“Lovely resort”

Ranked #12 of 55 Hotels in Jimbaran
Ningbo, China
“Lovely resort”
Reviewed 28 December 2013

Stayed here for three nights and really loved our stay. Staff very friendly and very helpful. Its the sister hotel of AYANA and the plus side is you get access to the facilities at AYANA. The spa at AYANA is very good and I would highly recommend it. Was a bit skeptical when booking at first but was glad we did. Our booking included breakfast and my picky husband found something to eat every single morning. The gym is well equipped. Didn't use the pool as was raining almost every single day during our stay. We were sad to leave and would definitely stay again if ever we visit Bali again.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JNYV13
RimbaJimbaranBali, General Manager at RIMBA Jimbaran BALI by AYANA, responded to this review, 2 January 2014
Dear ‘JNYV13’

Thank you for sharing your experience after staying at RIMBA Jimbaran Bali.

I am pleased to know that you enjoyed the resort facilities, warm service by our team members, breakfast at To’ge and Thermes Marins Spa at AYANA. Both RIMBA and AYANA guests experience seamless service and the facilities of two distinct resorts offering the best of both worlds: RIMBA with its hillside location and forest ambience, and AYANA’s ocean-front setting.

I look forward to welcoming you back to RIMBA and AYANA in the near future.

Best wishes for 2014,

Roger Habermacher

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (232)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Hong Kong
Reviewed 28 December 2013 via mobile

I am staying in this hotel for Christmas, second day out of my three days holiday. The lobby is impressive, that is true. Many great pools. The first day, I needed a bottle opener that was missing from my room. After three calls, and an hour later, it arrived. On the second day, I got TERRIBLE and FRUSTRATING spa experience in Ayana (their sister hotel) that I will write another detailed review. My section originally finished at 5 pm followed by a dinner included in the package at 6 pm. But we decided to return to hotel due to the poor spa experience, with body covered with oils. We were eager to have shower in our room. At the time when we arrived, the room was still not cleaned. it was 4:30 pm already. We have pressed the button for room make up at 10 am. I am so unhappy with Ayana Spa and got further frustrated by Rimba today. Tomorrow is my last day in Rimba. Hope nothing terrible occur to me again. Will I recommend this hotel to other people ? Well, this hotel is great for people who love swimming. Will I recommend Ayana ? No. NEVER NEVER NEVER !

• Stayed December 2013
3 Thank WaiYat
RimbaJimbaranBali, General Manager at RIMBA Jimbaran BALI by AYANA, responded to this review, 5 January 2014
Dear ‘WaiYat’

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback.
I am thankful, that you too time out of your day as to sit with me and reiterate your points of concerns.
I’m pleased that you were impressed by the lobby and pools at RIMBA, however I do regret that your experience was not up to the standard that our team take pride in delivering. As promised, I have investigated your concerns with our Housekeeping team so that we may improve our responsiveness and timeliness for any guest requests, as well as our twice daily housekeeping service.

It goes without saying that your spa experience was not as it should be and for that I do apologize. I was happy to hear that you enjoyed the actual treatment, but the shortcomings on delivering the service around the treatment was not delivered.
Whilst I know that your current picture of Ayana Spa is tainted by your recent experience, we do look forward to welcome you back soon as to proof to you that we can deliver true Ayana Spa excellence.

Again, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I wish you a Happy New Year and hope to see you back at RIMBA in 2014.

Perth, Australia
Reviewed 25 December 2013

Booked to come to Bali at the last minute. Our first trip so wasn't sure what to expect after hearing everyone else's recommendations. Rimba is absolutely beautiful in every way... Rooms are stunning, facilities are fabulous and the staff are brilliant in every way. We just don't want to leave here to mix with the madding crowd in the touristy parts of Bali. Easy shuttle between Rimba and Ayana and all facilities can be used by both guests of each.

Room Tip: Some rooms open straight out onto a semi private pool. Jimbaran Bay suites are very luxurious and w...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank YvKatJu
Dear ‘YvKatJu’

Thank you for sharing you experience at RIMBA Jimbaran Bali.

I am delighted to know that you feel restful after staying at RIMBA in particular of your room as well as indulge by the attentive, caring staff and varieties of resort facilities. I am also pleased to hear that you took advantage of the convenient access to AYANA with the free shuttle between RIMBA and AYANA.

Once again thank you and I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Kind regards and best wishes of 2014,

Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed 13 December 2013

Simply lovely place - view in the lobby to the outdoor is great, the ballroom is good - the bedroom is spacious with a very good interior design and the shower is just the way I love it.
The breakfast is good - simple but enough to satiate the needs for morning food..
Love the surrounding place, nice place to have your morning jog or walk - the pool is great.

Recommend this place mostly for relax and unwind. Just enjoy the view - ambiance and let your holiday mood comes to you

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank ms_ayu96
RimbaJimbaranBali, General Manager at RIMBA Jimbaran BALI by AYANA, responded to this review, 17 December 2013
Dear ‘Ayu .’

Thank you for taking your time to share your feedback after staying at RIMBA Jimbaran Bali.

I am pleased to know that you find RIMBA is great place to unwind. It is a great reward to hear that you enjoy your stay and most of the facilities we offered.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future for another restful holiday.

Kind regards

Bali, Indonesia
Reviewed 7 December 2013

We visited Rimba exactly 1 month after its soft opening so it's relatively still under the radar and we really enjoy the hotel virtually just for ourselves. The first view that struck us were the pools, the strings cascading pools of emerald blue. Really the must-visit destination to all sun worshipper out there.

We stayed at the Jimbaran bay room overlooking the cliff, the sunset and the main pool. With broad balcony area and comfortable outdoor day bed, we really enjoy the sunset and sunrise moments form the privacy of our room. The room amenities was plush and very comfortable. Biggest bath tub I have ever been too :) And the bed was so oh-so comfortable.

Being so new and still under full occupancy the service was attentive and personal. Excellent performance from receptionist team to pool & restaurant crew.

I think Rimba can entertain the most romantics honey-mooners and active families. A perfect blend features for both travellers. Location a bit far from any shopping area though. They have private beach below the cliff (230 steps, mind you) but with 6 pools you can enjoy the water experience right there in the hotel.

Room Tip: Request for rooms overlooking the pool (West side) - Jimbaran Bay type was nice.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear ‘Rindjani_Kastner’,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience from your stay at RIMBA Jimbaran Bali.

I am delighted to know that you have enjoy most of the various facilities we offer including the six different swimming pools, your comfortable bed and the caring attentive staff.

RIMBA Jimbaran Bali is located within the 77 hectare of AYANA Resort and Spa providing the most romantic sunset view of Jimbaran Bay for guest that would like to have a memorable honeymoon or any fun activity for families surrounded the resort.

Again thank you and I look forward to welcoming you back to RIMBA in the near future.

Best regards,

Perth, Australia
Reviewed 30 November 2013

We have just had five perfect days of rest and relaxation at this fairyland hotel that provides everything the heart could desire. Seven magical swimming pools and a plethora of colourful flowers and tropical rain forest encircle this luxurious resort. If you choose to stay in a pool access room you will have the opportunity to step out into your private pool space from your balcony which is equipped with its own pool lounge and day bed. The highlight of the day is an invitation to the Roof Top Lounge to watch the red sunset fade into the distance, framed by ocean and forest views. In terms of staff....they can't do enough for you....your wish is their command. The food is fresh and plentiful in this environment friendly facility. The buffet breakfast offers a feast of different cuisines but nothing is left to stand awaiting consumption. If you want fruit or salads they are cut and prepared before your eyes to avoid risk of contamination. . The beds are divine....the most comfortable and roomy we have ever slept in...three feet off the floor with loads of padding . The bathroom and bedroom rival Hollywood style presentation and everything opens and shuts at the highest standard of innovation. There are no negatives...We are about to leave and we can't wait to get back! Five star +++

Room Tip: A pool room is the way to go....
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
RimbaJimbaranBali, General Manager at RIMBA Jimbaran BALI by AYANA, responded to this review, 4 December 2013
Dear ‘Dhyan S’

I am delighted that you chose RIMBA as the venue for your five days of relaxation in Bali. It is our pleasure to offer the highest standard of resort facilities and service, and I am pleased that you enjoyed our six swimming pools, gardens, To’ge breakfast and sunset from UNIQUE Rooftop Bar.

I am also glad that you enjoyed jumping into the semi-private lagoon from your Pool Access Room. I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Again thank you very much for sharing your feedback.

Best regards,

Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 28 November 2013 via mobile

We are at Rimba now, n it's just simply perfect, flawless... That we decided to extend our stay for one more night.

The resort itself is beautifully designed, with modern hip décor, using a lot of recycle materials. There are at least 5 swimming pools here, with plenty of sun loungers, daybeds, they even got 5,6 chill out suites along the pool, and 4,5 bales in the garden.

The room is not too big, but it's really comfy. The bed is one of the best I ever have. I love the clever design of the rain shower together with a huge bath tub. And the balcony with the Jimbaran bay view which is gorgeous during sunset.

Every staff here is very helpful and gracious. I am sure it's gonna be the best option in Jimbaran once all the facilities are ready. (It's just been officially opened for weeks)

The one and only minus is there are way too many mosquitoes around the premises, perhaps the place is still new, and need more time to do the pest control.

Thx Rimba, n we will be back again :)

Stayed November 2013
Dear ‘NiCpapa’

Thank you for sharing your experience at RIMBA Jimbaran Bali.

I am pleased to know that you enjoyed the various facilities we offer including the six different swimming pools, your comfortable bed, and the caring and attentive staff. RIMBA Jimbaran Bali officially opened on 1 November 2013 so we are new, as you mentioned. We do have a pest control program to control the number of mosquitoes especially during rainy season.

Thank you once again and I look forward to welcoming you back to RIMBA in the near future.

Kind regards,

Roger Habermacher
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jimbaran
Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran
AYANA Resort and Spa
#13 of 55 in Jimbaran
INTERCONTINENTAL Bali Resort
The Villas at AYANA Resort BALI

Been to RIMBA Jimbaran BALI by AYANA? Share your experiences!