“Loved our stay at Rimba”

RIMBA Jimbaran BALI by AYANA
Ranked #10 of 58 Hotels in Jimbaran
Reviewed 6 January 2014

We stayed at Rimba for 4 nights over Xmas and it was just the perfect holiday. As soon as we arrived, I was wowed with everything, the lobby, the room, the bathroom, and when we woke up the pools!!!!
We arrived on the 24th Dec and missed all the rain, the 4 days we had were all hot and sunny and we basically spent most of our time in the amazing pools.
While my daughter napped during the day we just hung out in the balcony on the day bed and surfed the net on free wi-fi.
The food at Ah-Yat was amazing so we practically had most of our lunches and dinners there.
The breakfast was also great, even though the selection was not as large as some other resorts, what they had was delicious and much better quality than other 5 star places.
We also loved the rooftop bar, the bar was spectacular, made even more so by the beautiful sunset while sipping on delicious cocktails. Our 14 month old was allowed in, so that was a bonus otherwise we would have missed out on this little gem of a place.

And finally, the staff were just wonderful, everyone was so happy to be there, they were very attentive and nothing is too much trouble. We had a free upgrade to the Jimbaran bay room and also free late check out, which was much appreciated.

We just had the most relaxing stay there, we will definitely be coming back. Thank you for a wonderful holiday Rimba!
We also went to visit Ayana on the free shuttle and even though the resort was beautiful, we opted to go back to Rimba to enjoy our pool because it was just amazing.

Room Tip: The Jimbaran bay room gave us excellent views of the pool.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Jadavi2014
RimbaJimbaranBali, General Manager at RIMBA Jimbaran BALI by AYANA, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2014

Dear ‘Jadavi2014’

It’s truly rewarding to read your comments, thank you very much for sharing your feedback with us.

I am delighted to know that you had such a relaxing stay at RIMBA in particular your Jimbaran Bay Room, the 6 swimming pools, breakfast at To’ge, UNIQUE Rooftop Bar, and cuisine at Ah Yat Abalone Seafood Restaurant.

Our team members will feel very rewarded by your comments about their warm service. I am also glad you made time to visit AYANA Resort and Spa to experience its unique facilities and ocean-front setting.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Roger Habermacher

Write a ReviewReviews (1,910)

Reviewed 4 January 2014 via mobile

We stay 2 nights at this hotel. Hotel was very new and clean. Unique design, many great pools. Stay at this hotel was relaxing, away from crowd. Staffs were friendly and helpfull. Breakfast not so much choices, because i think the hotel not yet fully operated. hotel is very recomended for family holiday or just a short gateaway. For me, this hotel have the best pool access room which i ever stayed.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank frankyantonius

Dear ‘A TripAdvisor Member’

Thank you for sharing your experience after staying at RIMBA Jimbaran Bali.

I am delighted that you enjoyed a relaxing stay at RIMBA and found your Pool Access Room comfortable, and have fond memories of the the 6 unique pools and the caring and attentive service from our team members. In regards to the breakfast selection, you are correct that during our opening period we had a more limited selection available, but this has been expanded to cater for various guests’ preferences.

Again thank you and I look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 3 January 2014

My husband and I stayed at Rimba for 4 nights just before Christmas. We usually stay at Ayana but this time we split our stay in to 2 parts, staying 4 nights at Rimba and then 4 nights at Ayana. We were not disappointed! The hotel is breathtaking; the pools are magical; the staff are so friendly and helpful and the facilities are awesome. We simply can't wait to come back and next time will spend more time at Rimba than Ayana (we just loved the pool bar and Unique rooftop bar!!). We celebrated my birthday while we were there and I was sung 'happy birthday' to by just about every staff member everywhere we went during the day and spoiled by lovely cards and cake and a birthday cocktail - they went out of their way to make me feel special and I certainly did. I keep closing my eyes and taking myself back there in my mind and simply can't wait to return. I highly recommend beautiful Rimba!!! Enjoy :)

• Stayed: December 2013
2  Thank Happyvette
RimbaJimbaranBali, General Manager at RIMBA Jimbaran BALI by AYANA, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2014

Dear ‘Happyvette’

Happy Belated Birthday! Thank you for sharing your experience after staying at RIMBA Jimbaran Bali and AYANA Resort and Spa Bali.

I am honored to have been chosen as the host of your birthday celebration and am delighted that you felt spoilt by the facilities and warm service at both AYANA and RIMBA. I am so glad that you took advantage of the opportunity to experience both resorts, with the oceanfront setting of AYANA and the forest setting of RIMBA.

Thank you again and I look forward to welcoming you back for another celebration in the near future.

Best wishes for 2014 and your birthday,

Reviewed 31 December 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for a couple of nights and it was a lovely stay. The pools are so relaxing, the rooms are comfortable and luxurious. What makes this hotel too is the sister hotel ayana which gives you access to their facilities and quick entry to rock bar! Highly recommend rimba and would stay here again!

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
RimbaJimbaranBali, General Manager at RIMBA Jimbaran BALI by AYANA, responded to this reviewResponded 5 January 2014

Dear ‘Nat A’

Thank you very much for sharing your experience at RIMBA Jimbaran Bali.

It’s truly rewarding to know that you enjoyed a relaxing and luxurious stay in particular your room, the pools, and of the facilities both at AYANA and RIMBA including the priority access to Rock Bar.

Thank you again and I look forward to welcoming you back to RIMBA and AYANA in the future.

Reviewed 28 December 2013

Stayed here for three nights and really loved our stay. Staff very friendly and very helpful. Its the sister hotel of AYANA and the plus side is you get access to the facilities at AYANA. The spa at AYANA is very good and I would highly recommend it. Was a bit skeptical when booking at first but was glad we did. Our booking included breakfast and my picky husband found something to eat every single morning. The gym is well equipped. Didn't use the pool as was raining almost every single day during our stay. We were sad to leave and would definitely stay again if ever we visit Bali again.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JNYV13
RimbaJimbaranBali, General Manager at RIMBA Jimbaran BALI by AYANA, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2014

Dear ‘JNYV13’

Thank you for sharing your experience after staying at RIMBA Jimbaran Bali.

I am pleased to know that you enjoyed the resort facilities, warm service by our team members, breakfast at To’ge and Thermes Marins Spa at AYANA. Both RIMBA and AYANA guests experience seamless service and the facilities of two distinct resorts offering the best of both worlds: RIMBA with its hillside location and forest ambience, and AYANA’s ocean-front setting.

I look forward to welcoming you back to RIMBA and AYANA in the near future.

Reviewed 28 December 2013 via mobile

I am staying in this hotel for Christmas, second day out of my three days holiday. The lobby is impressive, that is true. Many great pools. The first day, I needed a bottle opener that was missing from my room. After three calls, and an hour later, it arrived. On the second day, I got TERRIBLE and FRUSTRATING spa experience in Ayana (their sister hotel) that I will write another detailed review. My section originally finished at 5 pm followed by a dinner included in the package at 6 pm. But we decided to return to hotel due to the poor spa experience, with body covered with oils. We were eager to have shower in our room. At the time when we arrived, the room was still not cleaned. it was 4:30 pm already. We have pressed the button for room make up at 10 am. I am so unhappy with Ayana Spa and got further frustrated by Rimba today. Tomorrow is my last day in Rimba. Hope nothing terrible occur to me again. Will I recommend this hotel to other people ? Well, this hotel is great for people who love swimming. Will I recommend Ayana ? No. NEVER NEVER NEVER !

• Stayed: December 2013
3  Thank WaiYat

Dear ‘WaiYat’

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback.
I am thankful, that you too time out of your day as to sit with me and reiterate your points of concerns.
I’m pleased that you were impressed by the lobby and pools at RIMBA, however I do regret that your experience was not up to the standard that our team take pride in delivering. As promised, I have investigated your concerns with our Housekeeping team so that we may improve our responsiveness and timeliness for any guest requests, as well as our twice daily housekeeping service.

It goes without saying that your spa experience was not as it should be and for that I do apologize. I was happy to hear that you enjoyed the actual treatment, but the shortcomings on delivering the service around the treatment was not delivered.
Whilst I know that your current picture of Ayana Spa is tainted by your recent experience, we do look forward to welcome you back soon as to proof to you that we can deliver true Ayana Spa excellence.

Again, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I wish you a Happy New Year and hope to see you back at RIMBA in 2014.

Reviewed 25 December 2013

Booked to come to Bali at the last minute. Our first trip so wasn't sure what to expect after hearing everyone else's recommendations. Rimba is absolutely beautiful in every way... Rooms are stunning, facilities are fabulous and the staff are brilliant in every way. We just don't want to leave here to mix with the madding crowd in the touristy parts of Bali. Easy shuttle between Rimba and Ayana and all facilities can be used by both guests of each.

Room Tip: Some rooms open straight out onto a semi private pool. Jimbaran Bay suites are very luxurious and w...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank YvKatJu

Dear ‘YvKatJu’

Thank you for sharing you experience at RIMBA Jimbaran Bali.

I am delighted to know that you feel restful after staying at RIMBA in particular of your room as well as indulge by the attentive, caring staff and varieties of resort facilities. I am also pleased to hear that you took advantage of the convenient access to AYANA with the free shuttle between RIMBA and AYANA.

Once again thank you and I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Kind regards and best wishes of 2014,

Roger Habermacher

Also consider these accommodations in or near Jimbaran
6 mi away
#19 of 148 in Seminyak
2 mi away
Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran
AYANA Resort and Spa Bali

Been to RIMBA Jimbaran BALI by AYANA? Share your experiences!