“An Exceptional Place on South Bali”

RIMBA Jimbaran BALI by AYANA
Ranked #11 of 57 Hotels in Jimbaran
Carbondale, Colorado
“An Exceptional Place on South Bali”
Reviewed 6 February 2014 via mobile

We booked the Rimba for two nights in mid-January. Had stayed at the Ayana next door last year. Was very impressed! The Rimba trends toward the modern hotel theme while the Ayana is a bit more traditional Balinese. Both properties are highly recommended in my mind but to tell you the truth, I liked the Rimba better. It's all about the service. The staff at the Rimba goes out of their way with the service! Maybe it's that the Rimba is still being discovered but our whole group of four felt enchanted with the place.

The food at the restaurant was exceptional. The best we had during our week on Bali. Wondrous sauces really brought out the flavors of each of the the asian dishes we tried. An excellent chef putting together the recipes! Compared to the Ayana, I liked the options a little better at the Rimba although both placed are good.

If there was one suggestion I would have though is tell the staff to crank the music down at the bar! It's a great place to meet and watch the sunset but the staff seems to think there's a party going on while people just want to have conversations. Too loud!!!

All told, we'll be back!

Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Fuddtractor
RimbaJimbaranBali, General Manager at RIMBA Jimbaran BALI by AYANA, responded to this review, 17 February 2014
Dear ‘fuddtractor’

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience after staying at RIMBA Jimbaran Bali.

I am pleased to hear that you were impressed by the resort design and warm service, the cuisine at To’Ge Restaurant and sunset at UNIQUE Rooftop Bar. I note your comment on the volume of the music and I will review this with our UNIQUE team to ensure it does not disturb guests and hamper the ability to have conversations.

Again thank you and I look forward to welcoming you back to RIMBA again.

Roger Habermacher

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (253)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 29 January 2014

Rimba is the new kid on the block and the younger sibling to the 5 Star Ayana (the old Ritz Carlton) in Jimbaran.

When we visited the hotel had only just been opened and in fact some areas such as the Spa and Roof Top Bar were still under construction. With that in mind the small teething problems experienced are to be expected. Small things such as some of the glassware at breakfast had chips (see photograph) and the room stayed in still had a distinct smell of concrete dust.

There was also some layout issues not well thought out - within the bathroom, it was certainly funky and unusual but it came at some important functional costs. The tub/shower combination itself is very high and with no extra step getting in is not so much a concern but getting out on to potentially slippery marbled floors is. The use of the tap controls in tub/shower are also not clear. The lighting in the bathroom - specifically around the little high basin is poor. Hopefully this will be addressed. But all these things will pass and be improved upon as the hotel gets up and running.

The pool area, the lobby entrance and the breakfast restaurant are all very well appointed and nicely done.

Pleasingly the thing that really sets a fabulous hotel from the rest of the pack - Rimba has nailed - and that is a culture of service. The staff throughout the resort were exceptional. Perhaps a little slow for anyone not Balinese but very genuine in their desire to please.

Recommended? Yes with caveats. Future Recommendation? Yes.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank ThrillingMe
RimbaJimbaranBali, General Manager at RIMBA Jimbaran BALI by AYANA, responded to this review, 3 February 2014
Dear ‘ThrillingMe’

Thank you for your feedback after staying at RIMBA Jimbaran Bali.

I am pleased to know that you felt warmly welcomed by our team members, I will gladly share your feedback and I am certain they will feel very rewarded by your comments. I am also delighted to learn that you enjoyed the six swimming pools and breakfast at To’Ge restaurant.

I note your comments about your room and smaller details around the resort, where we can improve. RIMBA opened in November and we are working hard to provide continuously improved facilities for all of our guests to ensure maximum relaxation and comfort. I thank you to bring these issues to my attention.

I look forward to welcoming you back to RIMBA.

Reviewed 28 January 2014 via mobile

The hotel interior was very nice, and you've got to love the swimming pools, it's very large with some semi-submersible chairs & covered sofas. The room was spacious with your own balcony overlooking the small forest or Rimba as the hotel's name. It's in secluded area near Ayana in Jimbaran, very quite & dark at night. If you're looking for some place fun at night I dont think this is the hotel for you. However if you want to stay in serenity for retreat or honeymoon, than it's most suitable. Oh the hotel have no beach, just so you know. There's shuttle to Ayana and you can access the Rock Bar in Ayana without charge.

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Dear ‘Elisamayasari’

Thank you for sharing your experience at RIMBA Jimbaran Bali.

I am delighted to know that you enjoyed a relaxing stay and were impressed by the six swimming pools around the resort and Priority Access to Rock Bar Bali.

As you mentioned that RIMBA is located within the 77 hectare of AYANA Resort and Spa, 30 minutes from the hustle and bustle of Kuta’s nightlife. It is perfect for guests seeking complete sanctuary and relaxation.

Thank you once again and I look forward to welcoming you back to RIMBA.

Denver
Reviewed 24 January 2014

The food is excellent (To'Ge Restaurant) and customer service was top notch. The five swimming pools were great and never crowded. There is a cute wooden shuttle every 15 minutes to the Ayana. I want to go back - now!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Dear ‘Lynne U’

Thank you for sharing your experience after staying at RIMBA Jimbaran Bali.

I am delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay at RIMBA and especially the six swimming pools (including the UNIQUE Rooftop Pool & Bar), breakfast at To’ge restaurant and the complimentary shuttle tram to go around AYANA and RIMBA.

Again thank you and I look forward to welcoming you back very soon to RIMBA.

Reviewed 20 January 2014

Arrived here with office groups around 80 people. The service is very slow. When I arrived around 2pm, only 20 percent off all rooms are ready. Last people from my groups received their key around 4pm. Poor management. The room are very good and clean. Hotel facilities such as swimming pool and fitness center are great. Breakfast variety and taste are great. On thing that didn't match me is the lobby, because it was so windy and there is no one spot that we could avoid those wind.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Jonathan D
RimbaJimbaranBali, General Manager at RIMBA Jimbaran BALI by AYANA, responded to this review, 23 January 2014
Dear ‘jonda2912’

Thank you for your feedback after staying at RIMBA Jimbaran Bali.

I am pleased that you found your room comfortable and well-maintained, and that you enjoyed the breakfast buffet at To’Ge Restaurant, the six swimming pools and 24-hours fitness center with WiFi-connected equipment.

I apologize for the inconvenience caused by not having all rooms ready for the group arrival at 2pm and I have addressed our group check-in process with our Rooms Department. RIMBA’s lobby does enjoy natural ventilation due to its elevated location, and extreme weather conditions in December and January have created excessive winds across Bali. During windy weather, we close the floor to ceiling sliding doors to protect the lobby from the gusts of wind, for the comfort of guests. Thank you for sharing your feedback with me and rest assured that we will try our best to enhance upon.

Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 19 January 2014

We really like the hotel and found everything there is with good quality. Rate is fine, not too expensive, and the best thing is that it's connected to Ayana hotel and all guests could go and enjoy facilities in Ayana. Food in inside restaurants are very good and drinks offered at bar are also tasty. One bad thing is that there are still some construction sights around the hotel, kind of ruined the beautiful view...

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
RimbaJimbaranBali, General Manager at RIMBA Jimbaran BALI by AYANA, responded to this review, 22 January 2014
Dear ‘Mandy Q’

Thank you very much for sharing your feedback after staying at RIMBA Jimbaran Bali.

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your experience at RIMBA and felt pampered by the cuisine and beverages offered at the restaurants and UNIQUE Rooftop Bar. As you mentioned, guests of both RIMBA and AYANA are entitled to use facilities at both resorts, and sign any charges for dining or spa to their room or villa.

I regret that there was still some construction during your stay. RIMBA’s grand launch was November 2013 and we are putting the finishing touches on some facilities such as Kids Club and rooftop spa rooms, and expect these to be complete within the next month. Thank you for bringing this to my attention, we are expediting the completion of these final works and I look forward to welcoming you back in future when all facilities are open.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 January 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed at Rimba for one night, unfortunately not more, and it was New Years Eve. The hotel was opened in October/November so brand new. On arrival we were treated very well - our bags were taken from the taxi to the reception. Check in was easy, we settled everything there and then as we had an early start in the morning. We were given a welcome drink which was refreshing, although a little sweet. As we were early, our room wasn't ready so we were shown around the hotel by Agus, the reception manager. He took us up to the Unique bar on the roof, it has a pool and a great view, then to the gym and spa which has direct access to one of the pools.
We then went to the restaurant underneath the reception area for lunch. The service was excellent and the food delicious, wine is good too. We asked about the New Years Eve dinner that evening and were told it costs approx. £70 per person which is extortionate, even in London.
We had a pool access room, it was nice to walk out of your room and straight into the water, this pool is shared with other rooms but is cut off from the main pools. There are a number of pools here, maybe 5 or 6, all relatively big, and there is a water slide too, so it's great if you like being in the water, my favorite was the hot pool by the bar.
The grounds are well kept and clean around the pool and the pool boys do an excellent job of refreshing the towels and keeping guests happy - everyone is always smiling, such a lovely place to be!
Our room was good, the bed was huge and comfortable so we had a good nights sleep. The bathroom is fairly cramped, probably due to the big circular bath which has an overhead shower - nice! I'm not sure why the other reviews mentioned issues with there not being enough mirrors. There was a big one in the bathroom and a full length behind the door.
We had breakfast in the morning, I have never seen such a huge selection of food. It all tasted delicious and we watched the chefs preparing the home made croissants the evening before. They must be up all night preparing food because it was a very impressive spread.
On NYE there was a fireworks display at the sister hotel, Ayana, which is about 10 minutes on the shuttle service, we decided not to go as it started to rain, but it would have been nice for families to see I'm sure.
I really enjoyed staying at this hotel and I wish I could have stayed at least another night, mainly to enjoy the many pools!

Room Tip: Chose a pool access room