“Great Hotel”

RIMBA Jimbaran BALI by AYANA
Ranked #9 of 62 Hotels in Jimbaran
Reviewed 22 March 2014

We stayed here for 5 nights in March. Overall it is a great hotel, very friendly staff with good facilities. There are loads of pools, all with sun loungers etc so there was never any issue getting a place by the pool (that said it was off peak and relatively quiet when we were there). The room was a little smaller than expected, but still had ample space. We traveled with a young child and the cot was not very noticeable in the room.
The hotel is basically within the grounds of the Ayana resort (same security check point etc) and the room numbers are structured so that they are contiguous with Ayana, meaning that there is no problem putting items from Ayana onto your room bill etc. There is a trolley shuttle thing every 15 mins or so which goes from Rimba to Ayana to the beach. I have uploaded a map of the resort to the photos to give you a better idea on how it is all structured. It takes approx 30 mins from the airport to Ayana / Rimba in a taxi, 40 mins from Seminyak.
We have stayed in Ayana before so are familiar with the general area and the hotel. Rimba is a good addition to the overall resort. The rooms are a bit smaller, but the hotel in general has a more modern feel and with the variety of pools it is perfect for a family with relatively independent children who want to use the pools.
We had a great time at the hotel and would see ourselves returning to either it or Ayana again in the future.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
RimbaJimbaranBali, General Manager at RIMBA Jimbaran BALI by AYANA, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2014

Dear ‘Ken M’

Thanking you for your positive feedback about RIMBA Jimbaran Bali.

I am pleased to know you had a memorable family holiday at RIMBA and enjoyed the six swimming pools around the resort and the modern design, as a different experience to AYANA’s more traditional setting. As you mentioned, RIMBA is the new sister hotel of AYANA and both hotels are part of an integrated resort concept. All guests of both RIMBA and AYANA are entitled to enjoy any facilities at either hotel, with integrated room billing to charge back to your room or villa, and complimentary resort shuttle.

I am glad you enjoyed this ‘Best of Both Worlds’ experience and I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Roger Habermacher

Write a ReviewReviews (2,012)

Reviewed 21 March 2014

Whilst holidaying at Ayana Resort Bali 14.03.2014 - 21.03.2014. We too the opportunity to visit the Sister resort at Rimba.
We spent a very pleasant few hours there. A nice drink in the roof top bar then an excellent chinese meal. All of the staff were extremely pleasant and efficient and it made for a memorable evening.
We were escorted to see some room layouts and are determined to have a stay here in the near future. John Kinsey

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear ‘john k’

Thank you for spending your valuable time to visit RIMBA Jimbaran while staying at AYANA Resort and Spa. I am glad you enjoyed your meal at Ah Yat Abalone Seafood Restaurant and your sunset cocktail at UNIQUE Rooftop Bar, and we look forward to welcoming you back to stay in the hotel on your next visit to Bali.

Reviewed 20 March 2014

We stayed 4 nights in Rimba Jimbaran last week for celebrating my hubby's birthday and our wedding anniversary. It's easy to find Rimba & Ayana staff at the airport's pick-up area, only 30min ride and we arrived the hotel. Room reservation, check-in & out process were smooth. The reception staff are really helpful, they can simply solve all my silly requests, like:
- having 1 more key card to open the door as the other 2 were locked in the room;
- settle the bill with all my cash on hand before charging by my visa card
- late check-out till 3pm
- reschedule booking of airport transportation

The rooms are well equipped. Universal electric plugs are installed, so no need to bring any adaptors. Shower-bathtub is amazing, it's so relaxing~ negatives: (Jimbaran Bay) room is little small and dark, will try the Suite next time!!

We visited To'Ge, Unique Roof-Top, Pool Bar, Rock Bar, Kisik Bar and Grill. Staff@Rimba always show the smiling face, but they are a bit fresh, may need more training on languages. Staff@Ayana (esp. those from Rock Bar) are experienced and professional! Obviously, all of them are nice, helpful and caring. Many choices from the food & drinks menu and the price are reasonable. Bonus to enjoy the facilities of Ayana, feeling privileged to access the cable car and the rock bar^^ and we love kubu beach very much!

Overall, we've a great experience in Rimba Jimbaran and will recommend to friends if they would like to spend the most of the time in resort instead of visiting the town.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear ‘gigipooh’

I very much appreciate your positive note about RIMBA Jimbaran Bali.

Happy birthday to your husband and congratulations on your wedding anniversary, it was an honor to be chosen as the venue for this special joint celebration.

I look forward to welcoming you back to enjoy the spacious environment of a Suite.

Reviewed 16 March 2014

We were there last weekend for my birthday. Love the lobby, constantly breeze from the hill and the view jus simply amazing. Checked in very smoothly, just note that they took hundred from the credit for incidental cost. And it was alright for us. I like the room, the bed is huge and like the bath tub :) yes agree with others that it's a bit hard to get in/out. Balcony has a day/bed, it was nice just sitting there and enjoy the breeze.
We went to Ayana by using the shuttle which available everything when we need it. In rimba, please try the ah yat abalone restaurant. Nice Chinese food and lovely staffs there. We were there celebrating my birthday, and all staffs gathered our table and sang happy birthday song to me. In Ayana, love the rock bar, pool and the spa. I been to many massage, but Nia from Ayana was great. She knows what she is doing and I really enjoy my treatment. Again, they knew it was my birthday, couple of presents from them :) only 1 negative to say .. my treatment should be mask body + face. But my face didn't get any treatment. But would recommending everyone to try the spa.
Rimba and Ayana have a lot of pools. And again they serve you bottle water, organise the sun lounge as soon as you pick one. They gave you drink menu, but won't hassle you but when you need them they come right away.
After all, rimba and Ayana I would recommend to everyone.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
RimbaJimbaranBali, General Manager at RIMBA Jimbaran BALI by AYANA, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2014

Dear ‘Gotmymail’

Thank you for your review after staying at RIMBA Jimbaran Bali.

Happy birthday once again from all of us at RIMBA, it was an honor to be chosen as the venue for your celebration and I’m glad that you enjoyed your experience including the free shuttle to AYANA our sister hotel, to explore “Best of Both Worlds”.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon for another celebration.

Reviewed 15 March 2014

We enjoyed this beautiful, new resort from the moment we arrived. The staff greet you with flowers, cold towel, and a welcome drink. Our room was a little smaller than expected, but nice and clean nonetheless...but no matter, as there are plenty of places to enjoy around RIMBA and Ayana.

The breakfast buffet had a lot of selection and the food was good. The grounds are well-kept and there are tons of lounge chairs/beds around the many pools. The staff of both resorts are so attentive...anytime we sat down at the beach or the pool we were given cold water and towels.

We watched the sunset at the beach pool at Ayana....absolutely stunning, not to be missed!

The shuttle to Bali Collection was an added bonus for shopping/dining.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank GillingO

Dear ‘GillingO’

It’s a pleasure to hear that you enjoyed your stay and the “Best of Both Worlds” experience with access to the facilities of my sister hotel AYANA Resort and Spa. I’m also glad you enjoyed the complimentary shuttle to the shopping center in Nusa Dua, and I look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to Bali.

Reviewed 12 March 2014

i was really dying to try out Rimba once my mom and brother come over to bali. the checked-in process was so fast and the staff really attentive. I even got late check out til 4pm. i love the pool, Pak Putu and team bring the best out of it!! one thing that came into my attention is the breakfast! it was not really pleasant as i expected it! however, i love the rooftop bar, really nice view up there!! they also have shuttle from rimba to ayana so it was easy access to Rock Bar eve personally i think its a bit over priced for cocktail. overall it was a good stay!!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Dear ‘NiaGunawan’

Thank you for sharing your comments about RIMBA Jimbaran Bali. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay albeit for a short break, and that you enjoyed the opportunity to experience the “Best of Both Worlds” with our sister hotel AYANA Resort and Spa including Rock Bar Bali. I personally will share your positive note to Pak Putu and the team who took such good care of you, and also with the team at To’ge restaurant in regards to your feedback on the buffet breakfast.

Thank you once again and I look forward to welcoming you to RIMBA in the near future, hopefully for a longer stay next time.

Reviewed 6 March 2014 via mobile

Love to stay here in this hotel because you get same facility as Ayana guest and you just pay more cheaper.
The room is clean and nice, love the ambience. You get fresh air from the forest across your room, just open the window/glass door. The staff are friendly.
Love the bathroom because you really get a nice shower but the lighting is just a bit too dark. The room also a bit too dark in the night especially in dressing section.
Will come back later when I get back to Bali.

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank missbonnie87

Dear ‘missbonnie87’

Thank you for sharing your experience at RIMBA Jimbaran Bali.

Its my pleasure to know that you have a great stay at RIMBA and enjoyed the “Best of Both World” access provided to my sister hotel AYANA Resort and Spa to enjoy both of the resort facilities.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Roger Habermacher

Also consider these accommodations in or near Jimbaran
Grand Hyatt Bali
Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran
AYANA Resort and Spa
AYANA Resort and Spa
#11 of 62 in Jimbaran

Been to RIMBA Jimbaran BALI by AYANA? Share your experiences!