“Modern resort,wow concept.” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #11 of 53 Hotels in Jimbaran
Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan, Malaysia
“Modern resort,wow concept.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

Mesmerised with the new concept adopted by Rimba. As compared to Ayana, the owner surely has alot of thoughts taking the resort to another greater level. Bravo to that. Overall everything is great, only few details that need urgent improvements, that would be

1)the check in time, we were only given our room at 3.45 pm when the check in time is 3pm.

2)the wait for the ride to Ayana sometimes take too long due to crowd.

3) breakfast quality dropped tremendously. Not fit for such a fine resort. The spread is ok.

4)not advisable to stay at Ayana or rimba during peak period due to over crowded situation you will face at the pools etc etc.

Overall it's good.

• Stayed July 2014
      Location
      Cleanliness
2 Thank limjason123
RimbaJimbaranBali, Resort Manager at RIMBA Jimbaran Bali by AYANA, responded to this review, 19 August 2014
Dear ‘limjason123’,

Thank you for your review. I am delighted to hear your positive feedback in regardsto our resort concept and facilities which are aimed at providing unique experiences and fond memories for our guests’ time in Bali.

Thank you for your patience during check-in and while waiting for the complimentary shuttle tram, which runs every 10 minutes between RIMBA and AYANA. I humbly apologize for any delays caused by the high occupancy over this peak travel season in Bali and will review with our team to ensure we can maintain efficiency and timeliness in our service process even during busy times.

Again, thank you and I hope to welcome you back for a better experience in the future.

Resort Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (219)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Kuala Lumpur
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

I spent five wonderfully relaxing days at this new resort which is a sister to the lovely Ayana Hotel. Rooms are of a very decent size, with an oversized king bed which was super comfortable, along with an attractively designed bathroom filled with many useful amenities. My room overlooked the pools and I could just about see the sea! Housekeeping was five star in every respect. Service at the pools was outstandingly good: every staff member was keen to chat and help in anyway they could. Probably the best pool staff I have ever come across. Breakfast was a delight each day with OKA and his team trying hard to meet individual needs. Lots of healthy options on offer as well as local, European and Japanese dishes. The open Bakery concept works so well. I also tried four restaurants at Ayana and the food was always well prepared, especially at the Spa Cafe. I worked out at the fitness centers and again staff were on hand to give friendly advice. I had two visits to the famous Rock Bar.....spectacular and yet again staff were first class! BUT...check in was unfriendly and inefficient and initially no help to the room was offered. The first room allocated overlooked a construction site...no way was I spending money to view this ugly site. Checkout was ok although had to queue a while, but my hotel limo did not turn up on time, despite me confirming the day before and being told car would be ready promptly at 1pm. Basically front desk staff did not deliver the very friendly and helpful service found elsewhere in the hotel.

Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Dear ‘JimDKL’,

Thank you for taking the time to review RIMBA Jimbaran Bali by AYANA.

I am delighted to hear that you had such a wonderful experience while staying at our hotel and I will share your feedback with all of the staff who will feel really happy to hear how much you appreciated their caring service.

I apologize for the unpleasant experience during check-in and check-out and will review this with our Front Office team to ensure all team members uphold our service values and philosophy, so that your next review will not end in a ‘but’. Thank you again!

jakarta
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

I stayed only 2 night . But i really love this hotel .. the lobby design was amazing ,modern ,newlooks . I got a room with big bed which is not a standart king size and its very comfortable .. i think the best part of it is the pool design and the pool staff , they really helpful , very fast respond , good service , they always ask me about my needs.. for sure i will coming back . It so worth it ... good jobs

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2014

Rimba was our first hotel during our honeymoon in Bali. Is in the same resort with Ayana, another good hotel in Bali. For us, Rimba was the best choice. We had a room at the ground floor, with a semi-private pool. After 5 night in this hotel/room we didn't want to leave :)!

The advantage as a guest in this hotel/resort is the fact that you can enjoy Rimba and Ayana in the same time. Every 10 min a free shutle can take you from one hotel to the other, from the hotels to the spa and back, from the hotels to the beach and back (Kubu Beach).

The people are very kind and happy to help you. Here we've seen the typical balinese hospitality. The breakfast is very good, diverse. Sunset at RockBar (Ayana) is a must!Is an amazing place.

In my opinion is not very close to Jimbaran center, but, anyhow, I suggest that a driver is needed in Bali in order to see all the interesting places across the island. Our driver was very nice and the price was affordable.

In short,we had a great stay at Rimba, the hotel was perfect for our honeymoon and definitly we will come back if we will visit Bali again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
Dear ‘Flavia H’,

Thank you for choosing RIMBA Jimbaran Bali as your honeymoon destination. I am delighted to hear that you had a satisfying experience and felt welcome during your stay, with the caring service from our Ladies and Gentlemen. I am also glad you enjoyed the shared facilities with AYANA Resort and Spa, with our 15 dining venues, 11 pools, private beach and recreational facilities on-site, and the convenient access by complimentary tram shuttle.

Again, thank you for your positive feedback. I look forward to seeing you again in future.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2014

Great new hotel with spectacular hill's view.
We have a great room view, all we can see from the room is only trees and it's look like that we stay in one island with no other hotel. we even don't see any road :)
The rooms is gorgeous, simple, modern but still has the "Bali" concept.
The buffet breakfast is standard for the variety of food but all of it taste good.
Will definitely come back with the kids to try their pool.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Location
london
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014

I cannot praise this hotel enough I did not want to leave. Lovely atmosphere, lobby, staff, rooms (exceptional!). I booked a hill view room, yes I could see the car park but mainly the hills. If I was staying longer I would think about upgrading. Shuttle to Ayana was fantastic, Ocean Pool was incredible! Didn't drink at the Rock Bar as it was so busy but went to the Unique bar in Ayana which was amazing.

I can't recommend RIMBA enough!!

Room Tip: Hillside room was great :)
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
      Sleep Quality
2 Thank strange227
Dear ‘Strange227’,

Thank you very much for your positive feedback and recommendation.

In regards to your room, I recommend a Jimbaran Bay Room or a Premium View Suite for the best views and maximum space (over 70 square meters for a Suite compared to 35 for a standard room).

I look forward to welcoming you back for another incredible experience at RIMBA Jimbaran Bali by AYANA.

Perth, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014

Waited an hour and had to call the front desk for luggages to be transferred to the room. Stayed at the hill side room and I am so surprised there was no dressing table in the room. If you expect to do your make-up in the bathroom there's no plenty space to put your make-up box properly because of the big bath tub.
Other than these, we enjoyed the hotel, pools, and services. Staff were very friendly, greet and try their best to chat and entertained you.
UNIQUE bar was great. I like their cocktail called Tokyo Drift. One of their staff asked me about the dining experience and feedback, so I would suggest if they can reduce the portion of coconut in the mango and sticky rice dessert as the full flavored of coconut cream is heaty and might caused some of the guests feel uncomfortable.

Room Tip: Hill side rooms are small and a bit cram.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank ChaellaSai
Dear ‘ChaellaSai’,

Thank you for taking the time to review RIMBA Jimbaran Bali by AYANA, I’m glad you enjoyed the hotel facilities, pools and services.

I appreciate your constructive feedback and compliments on UNIQUE Rooftop Bar & Restaurant and will share both with the team there.

The Hillside Room is our standard room and is 35 square meters in size, for more space I recommend a Suite which measures over 70 square meters in size. Hopefully you can experience the comfort of a Suite on your next visit!

Resort Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jimbaran
Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran
AYANA Resort and Spa
#12 of 53 in Jimbaran
4.5 of 5 bubbles 3,294 reviews
INTERCONTINENTAL Bali Resort

Been to RIMBA Jimbaran Bali by AYANA? Share your experiences!