“Absolute bliss!!”
Review of Karma Jimbaran

Karma Jimbaran
Ranked #8 of 57 Hotels in Jimbaran
Reviewed 4 April 2014

After having stayed at Karma Jimbaran over 2 weeks, including Nyepi, I can't think of anywhere else on this island I'd rather stay!! Beautiful staff that did everything in their ability to make my stay comfortable and relaxing, and the GM, Graeme, is constantly about checking and doing everything in his power to make sure all guests are happy and enjoying everything his villas and restaurant have to offer.
The resort itself has beautiful, spacious villas that make you feel right at home as soon as you walk through the gates, a swimming pool right at your doorstep and well-kept and maintained rooms. After staying in an enormous 3 bedroom villa, I really didn't want to go back to my own home!!
Karma Lounge is a beautiful, relaxing restaurant to eat at, having had dinner there most nights I didn't feel at all inclined to go further afield, the menu has plenty to choose from at great prices and the cocktail selection is fantastic!!
The spa is also to die for!! Having tried a few places in Bali for massages, I can't begin to consider going anywhere else than Karma spa again!! Amazing massage, clean and peaceful rooms, and considerate and efficient technicians.... what more could you want?!
A must-stay if you want a relaxing place to get away from the hustle and bustle of Legian/Seminyak!! Definitely going back next holidays!!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Karma_Resorts_Group, General Manager at Karma Jimbaran, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2014

Dear Balitegue

Thank you for your generous comments and I am happy that you were able to join us for the magical experience of Nyepi that is celebrated in Bali once a year and I hope that you got to witness the Ogoh-Ogoh street parades that proceeds this religious holiday.

Our 7 Chakra cocktails are well renowned and I trust that you were able to enjoy each of them!

Do let us know when we may be able to welcome you back to the resort and the team and I would look forward to personally welcoming you back.

There are newer reviews for Karma Jimbaran

Reviewed 4 April 2014

We stayed in a 1 bedroom villa for a week with its own pool and full kitchen. We planned to swim, dine in the villa (mainly on seafood from the market @ the end of the beach) Things started well with our villa being cleaned @ around 9 am on the first two days. Then the rails fell off -having lunch @ 1 pm on 3 days and thru they came on each day to clean the villa- almost wiping down the table we were trying to eat off! . It severely interrupted our meals. The resort needs to lock in a more definite time for cleaning (especially with the resort being only partially occupied) and the key is they need to avoid meal times. Internet reception was out for a day and no-one could really indicate why. Pool towels went missing on one day. You might say this is all very pedantic but not at the price being charged

Room Tip: Clarify with the front office what the modus operandi is of the resort as it appears to be a moving...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank peter h

Dear Peter

Thank you for your valuable feedback from your time at Karma Jimbaran and please accept my apologies for any negative issues that you may have experienced at the resort but I hope that this did not have too much of a negative effect on your stay.

We work tirelessly to ensure that all of our guests expectations are exceeded and since your stay and I am happy to announce that we have been able to welcome our new Executive Housekeeping team to ensure that all areas of our villas and resort are further pristine and efficient for our guests enjoyment and would look forward to welcoming you back to the resort to experience.

In the meantime, please feel free to contact me at gm@karmajimbaran.com and we would look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 3 April 2014

As soon as I arrived in Bali I was well taken care of by lovely genuine Karma Jimbaran employees. I was already in high spirits but when I saw my villa I was literally blown away. The rooms were absolutely immaculate and offer you the chance to relax, swim, eat, cook, drink, check emails or even chill out and watch TV like you are back home. I loved every part of what they offer and the 'Healthy Breakfast' is the best Bali Breakfast I've ever had out of the 60 breakfasts I've spent in Bali in my life. I also had the Calamari and Eggs Benedict which were also amazing and perfectly cooked, but you have to try the Healthy Breakfast, with a latte - great way to start the day! WIFI was the quickest I've had in Bali - I was streaming an NBA game off my iPad at one point. It was very quiet and relaxing I slept like a baby every night and the room I was in had not 1 but 2 aircon units!! The taxi's back from Seminyak only cost $5 or $6 and as soon as I said to the taxi driver I'm staying at Karma Jimbaran they all respond 'ooooo' and really have a nice chat with you. I ordered a taxi one morning at it was at my door in under 5 minutes while I watched TV. Will definitely be back!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank DMAC2587
Karma_Resorts_Group, General Manager at Karma Jimbaran, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2014

Dear DMAC

Thank you for your comments and I am happy to hear that you enjoyed such a good experience with us here at Karma Jimbaran.

All of our guests are Karma Jimbaran benefit from our WiFi services which we are always looking to improve and make faster and faster as technology progresses and I am glad to hear that you got to catch your game!

Do feel free to let me know when you may wish to visit again in the future and gm@karmajimbaran.com and the team and I would definitely look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 12 March 2014

I have seen this hotel before when I went to the Four Seasons and for this trip I thought to check it out. Well the overall landscaping and villas are nice if a bit dated. The only thing is the level of service. Our electric stove kept sparking. We contact Maintenance and they came and fixed and it still sparked - we did this 3 times in 3 days. When they came to clear the rubbish etc from our villas they do not bother to close the room doors or the compound doors. We came back 2 days in a row and found this and immediately checked our rooms to make sure nothing was missing!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank elfin27

Dear Elfin

Thank you for your valuable comments with regards to our property here at Karma Jimbaran. Set within lush tropical gardens, our team are continuously around the resort to ensure that these are all well kept within the private security gated community we enjoy.

Following investigation with regards to your stove it was identified that any sparks were related to a sticky ignition switch and apologise for any issue that you experienced with this.

We trust that we would be able to welcome you back to the property again in the future to enjoy the new guest experiences that we are implementing within our beautiful villas. Do please feel free to contact me on gm@karmajimbaran.com and I would look forward to speaking with you again.

Reviewed 10 March 2014

Our stay at the Karma was better than we could ever of imagined. I went there with my partner our 6yr old and my parents We were fist given a 3bd villa which was stunning. unfortunately, there was a lot of construction behind us, which was very noisy - Another hotel being built. We mentioned this to the staff that we didn't sleep well due to the noise, and they upgraded us to a 4bd villa at no charge, even though the construction had nothing to do with them. The general manger, Graeme, strolls around the grounds to make sure every one is happy, and nothing seems too much trouble.
I must also say a huge thankyou to Graeme and his staff. On the last day my 6yr old became ill. The Karma staff organized a doctor and allowed us to stay well past our check out time. Graeme personally rang to see what he could do and put my mind to ease that there was no rush to check out. My 6yr old came first. Thankfully the doctor gave her what she needed and we managed to catch our flight.
The grounds, the villas, the staff (reception, security and housekeeping) are all so polite and always smiling

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Karma_Resorts_Group, General Manager at Karma Jimbaran, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2014

Dear Kristy

Thank you for your generous comments with regards to your stay at Karma Jimbaran. We pride ourselves on being the ideal escape for groups, friends and families travelling together and it's great to hear that you all had such an enjoyable stay with us.

From all the team and I, it was a pleasure to welcome you and the family to the resort and we trust that we may be able to welcome you all back again in the not too distant future.

Until then, please feel free to contact me directly on gm@karmajimbaran.com if I can be of any further assistance.

Reviewed 19 February 2014

Spent luxurious 7 nights in 3 bedroom Villa with wife and 3 young children in late January 2014. Kids spent days in villa pool and loved having their own room and hitching rides on the resorts golf buggies. Plenty of good eating nearby with Grocer and Grind a particular favourite for lunch and diner. Ordered room service on other nights due to convenience, though menu was a bit limited and expensive. Excellent gym to offset all the good eating (and drinking). Would rate as my favourite Bali holiday (visited 6 times previously) and would definitely visit karma Jimbaran again in the future

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Shaun G
Karma_Resorts_Group, General Manager at Karma Jimbaran, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2014

Dear Shaun

Greetings from Karma Jimbaran and many thanks for your comments about your time with us and it is great to hear that this has been one of your most enjoyable visits in Bali to date! We would definitely look forward to welcoming you and the family back to the resort in future as we continually look to implement new guest experiences for your enjoyment.

Until then, please feel free to contact me directly at gm@karmajimbaran.com and I and the team would look forward to speaking with you all again.

Reviewed 14 February 2014

Karma Jimbaran is laid back heaven where the staff are friendly, courteous, and retain a delightful sense of Balinese humor.
The setting, and layout of the property provides privacy for all villas. Its location and access to the beach is excellent.
The best aspect of our stay was the lack of humbug, street vendors and traders wanting to sell you their wares. This has become very tiresome in other parts of Bali and is absent here at Jimbaran. We enjoyed meals in the Karma restaurant in particular the Balinese style dishes.
Alternate eating is close by with several small warung, White Sand beach house and the bakery next door, along with all the beach side fish restaurants. All provide a range of local delicacies at good prices.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank chrisnjack
Karma_Resorts_Group, General Manager at Karma Jimbaran, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2014

Dear Chrisnjack

Thank you for your kind comments with regards to your recent stay at Karma Jimbaran and it was a pleasure to have you enjoy your Bali experience with us. I have happily shared your comments with the rest of the team and we all hope that we will be able to welcome you back to Karma Jimbaran again in the future.

Until then, please feel free to contact me directly on gm@karmajimbaran.com and we look forward to seeing you again soon!