“a delightful stay with sweet staff”

Kayumanis Jimbaran Private Estate & Spa
Ranked #2 of 55 Hotels in Jimbaran
shanghai
“a delightful stay with sweet staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2013

We spent 2 nights at kayumanis ubud, overall it was a wonderful memory. Started with the sales group that sent me emails to confirm our requests and information as soon as we booked the resort, Diah was very helpful. We requested airport pick up service and we flew in at midnight, it was so nice to see the hotel butler John waiting at the airport. Very nice guy who took very good care of us, explained lots of things as it's our first time to bali. Also hotel offered us a very good rate for early C/I so that we could rest well. The villa is incredible, everything is well organized,only one thing is need to be improved is that the bed stuff is a bit damp. Breakfast is tasty but not much choices(5 sets), we only stayed 2 nights, but we had everything on the list. Resort offered free shuttle service to the ubud area which is very convenient. Housekeeping team did a very good job as well as well. Our butler Dewa was very thoughtful, sent us departure gifts with our billing at the evening before we left. We would definately choose kayumanis if go and visit bali and also very looking forward to the kayumanis resorts in China. Thanks again!!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Suwamana, General Manager at Kayumanis Jimbaran Private Estate & Spa, responded to this review, 28 June 2013
Dear Serene W,

" Warm greeting from Kayumanis Jimbaran Private Estate "

Thank you very much for the time to write the review and it is a pleasure to hear that you enjoyed a memorable stay at our sister property in Ubud.

I have shared your comment to my colleague in Ubud and to particular staffs that you have mentioned in your review.

It is always our aim to achieve the highest standard of service and product, so I was delighted to read comments such as yours. Hopefully we will have another chance to serve you again in the future and this time at Kayumanis Jimbaran.

Once again, thank you for choosing to with us and we look forward to welcoming you back to Kayumanis

Wahyu

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Macau, China
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2013

Have had a pleasant stay at Kayumanis Jimbaran. The overall service, villa environment, food quality and spa treatment was superb! One negative point, my plan was to celebrate my wedding anniversary in here and requested a special arrangement in our villa. The reservation team promised to provide us a wedding cake, gift and flower bath upon our arrival as a gift. However there was nothing upon arrival, and the staff did not even know about this and told me that there was no such arrangement in the reservation. This was one of the great disappointment during our stay. I think there should be more improvement on the internal communications in the future.

Dear Carmen88888,

“Warm greeting from Kayumanis Jimbaran private Estate and Spa”

First of all, I would like to thank you for staying at Kayumanis Jimbaran during last visit to Bali. I hope that you have an enjoyable and memorable stay with us.

I on behalf the team would like to apologize for the inconvenience that you experienced with lack of our internal communication on your honeymoon arrangement during your stay with us, me and my team already addressing the issue and learn from the experience. We will take necessary action so that this kind of inconvenience would not happen again in the future.

Lastly, I hope that this experience does not diminish your favor to Kayumanis Jimbaran. We are truly looking forward to welcoming you back again in the very near future.

With warmest regards,

Hobart, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2013

We really can't find a fault with this place. We stayed here for two nights at the end of a Bali/Thailand trip.

The villa was beautiful - spacious, with nice furnishings and very private. The pool in the villa is huge and each villa even includes a relaxation studio. The villa includes a freshen up service every day and a turn down service at night. The 24 hour butler service is very good, and at the same time the villa is private enough that you dont notice any other guests staying nearby.

The beach is a five minute walk or less, where you can enjoy the services of the resort next door - Puri Jimbaran by Orient express (they own a private section of Jimbaran beach).

We found the breakfast menu good (we got the continental with cereal/fruit/fruit juice and pancake each day with real coffee/tea). We ate in the restaurant once, which was nice, nearly purely Indonesian menu. The staff were very accommodating and always went out of their way to ensure we had an enjoyable stay.

On the last day we had a late flight home. Despite checkout at 12pm, after this the staff still toke us for an outing to Balangan beach, then allowed us to shower in a villa before transporting us to the airport.

Other extras included free 30min massage in spa, free cocktail or arrival, daily cookies and snacks and fruit bowl in villa. Mini bar is also free and restocked daily.

We highly recommend this place and think it would be perfect for a honeymoon or romantic getaway.

Dear SimonandLeah,

“Warm greeting from Kayumanis Jimbaran private Estate and Spa”

Thank you for your great review pertaining your experience on your last stay at Kayumanis Jimbaran. We are very happy to understand that you got the feeling of home away from home here at Jimbaran.

It is the aim of Kayumanis Jimbaran Private Estate to anticipate your needs and provide an uncompromising level of personalized service that reflects our unique brand of gracious hospitality. If there is any way that we can assist you or cater to any special requirements, please do not hesitate to contact us at any hour around the clock.

london
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2013

We visited Kayumanis Jimbaran for 6 nights with a 10-month old baby. Let me say first that Kayumanis staff were amazing in accommodating all of our needs with respect to our baby. they provided all sorts of amenities and services that made it very easy to travel with a little one, and all of the staff were unbelievably friendly and warm, especially to our daughter which was so nice for us. This place is perfect for travelling with a baby, but if your children are older than 2 years, there are probably more suitable resorts in Bali to keep toddlers occupied. Our accommodation was also very good - lots of space, own private pool, and nice quality of finish. We had a 2 bedroom villa. The best thing about Kayumanis is that you are left alone and the level of privacy makes it perfect for couples as well. We used the Puri Jimbaran beach facilities on a few days for a change of scene - the pool there is very good and the beach is nice to have a swim there too. The reason I wouldn't give Kayumanis a 5 star is that I think the service could be better - the butler service at times was very frustrating because the lady that answered the phone could hardly understand a word we were saying. I think she was training, but still. Also the level of housekeeping could be improved. Overall though a great place to stay that we would 100% recommend to couples or families with children under 2 years old. Also - very good food - especially breakfast and local indonesian dishes and the complimentary transfers to anywhere in surrounding areas was a nice touch too!

Room Tip: Rooms near the restaurant might be a bit noisy but I think are larger in terms of living area. Ask...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank kapasun
Dear Kapasun,

“Warm greeting from Kayumanis Jimbaran private Estate and Spa”

First of all, I would like to thank you for staying at Kayumanis Jimbaran and for the review,in this occasion we would like to apologize for the inconvenience that you experienced with the reception and housekeeping quality during your stay with us, me and my team already addressing the issue and learn from the experience. We will take necessary action so that this kind of inconvenience would not happen again in the future.

Lastly, I hope that this experience does not diminish your favor to Kayumanis Jimbaran. We are truly looking forward to welcoming you back again in the very near future and wish you a great health and happiness

With warm regards,

I Nyomanan Suwamana Wahyu Putra
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2013

Recently stayed 3 nights at Kayumanis in Jimbaran Bay and overall we really enjoyed our time here. We are regular travellers to Bali and have stayed in various accom across Seminyak, Ubud and Jimbaran Bay and although Kayumanis is not the best place we have stayed, it was still very good. We stayed in a 1 bedroom villa (Villa Empol). The villa was completely private and we barely came into contact with other guests during our stay. Whilst the sleeping area is indoors and closed off from the outdoors, the living area and bathroom are actually outdoors and subject to the humidity and bugs. Personally I prefer a villa that has living area, bedroom and bathroom indoors, but that's just me.

Service was excellent. In particular we wanted to spend some time relaxing on the nearby beach at jimbaran bay, but the hotel staff explained that there was no public access because Jimbaran Puri Resort owns the beachfront property. However the hotel staff happily organised a 'day-pass' for us to access the Puri resort hotel and we had a great experience hanging out there.

Personally, i think 3 nights was enough at Kayumanis as you are quite secluded and away from the main bars & restaurants in seminyak. Whilst we did really enjoy staying here I am not convinced that we return - probably more due to the location of the villas.

If you are looking to getaway from the world and happy to spend a lot of time in your villa and nothing else then this would be the place to stay.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank HuggyBBear
Dear HuggyBBear,

"Greeting from Jimbaran Bay"

Thank you very much for your detailed review on TripAdvisor about our villa and its facilities, services and surroundings and for sharing your experience with others on your stay.

I am very happy to hear that we were able to create a special and memorable experience for you and I am glad you enjoyed the "Hideaway" feeling atmosphere at our property

We are very much looking forward to welcoming you back in the future. And we would more than happy to accommodate you in another villa type.

Please stay healthy.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2013

I just came back from a week stay in kayumanis jimbaran and have nothing bad to say about it. Service is amazing, everyone there is very helpful and always willing to help even when you don't ask. The staff is always smiling and it gives a great atmosphere to the place. It's a perfect place to go as a couple, its very quiet and they provide great in villa services. I was lucky enough in my life to have traveled a lot and tried different hotels in the world and I would definitely say kayumanis was one of the best. They provide great services, if you want to go anywhere they have cars to take you and it's with no extra cost. It's is one of the very few hotels where they aren't many extra costs. You have free rides, breakfast included that you can have at any time of the day at the restaurant or at your villa and you have everyday a free sunset cocktail as well as many other added values. It is a great place to stay the rooms are amazing and we really enjoyed having an outdoor shower. The pool is great and although they are a few insects outside (which is normal since you are in the jungle) the room stays very clean and at the tiniest complaint you make about the insects the staff comes running to debug and clean. Really I can't repeat it enough service is great, atmosphere is great, services are great I would advice everyone to go and I would love to go again. My boyfriend had visited bali before and stayed at the four seasons in jimbaran and thought kayumanis was by far better as a whole. And if you're worried about the insects, wherever you will go there will be some. Hope this helps.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank sophie k
Dear Sophie K,

"Warm greeting from Kayumanis"

Thank you for sharing your details experience with other at TripAdvisor. I am very much pleased to understand that you love the services, extra benefits and atmosphere at Kayumanis Jimbaran.

This is our aim to deliver personalized service at homey feeling environment, should your travel schedule allow you to visit island of the God again in very near future please let us know. We will ensure that you will receive a heartfelt service from the rest of Kayumanis Jimbaran family.

Once again thank you for the nice words you rendered to us, in the meantime please stay healthy.

With warm regards,

Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2013

We recently stayed for 4 nights at the Kayumanis during a two week trip to Bali, where we stayed in 4 other different properties in different locations throughout the island. By far, this was the best of our choices and would highly recommend and would happily book here again. While there were one or two minor issues (mainly miscommunication), these were addressed by managment and they went above and beyond our expectations so I will not mention any further.

The rooms (estates) are amazing. 600 Sq meters of pure joy and relaxation. Having a car/driver on call to drive you around to most of the popular locations is great. Even if the car isn't available, they will pay the cab fee's to and from Kayumanis. This is a great service and means that you dont need to worry about being away from the main beaches, actually this makes the stay so much better. We stayed up in Seminyak later during our stay and wish we were back at Jimbaran again.

The service is amazing and the staff are so freindly. My only issue is a limited menu for in room dining, although they are now building a new restaurant so this should improve. We however used Tripadvisor to find some eateries in Jimbaran and can across Balique, so we decided to eat here a few times. A great change from in room dining.

Overall, a fantastic stay and highly recommend.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Groovemike
Dear Groovemike,

" Warm greeting from the island of God'

Thank you for your review and great words about your personal experience with us. We are very much pleased to understand that you are highly recommended Kayumanis Jimbaran to other. We can not wait to welcoming back you home again in very near future.

Your improving suggestion on limited dining menu option is being addressed and followed up by culinary team. The new menu is launched and we have better variety this time. I am happy also to share a good news that our new restaurant soon to be opened by this July 2013.

Once again than you for staying with us and we look forward to welcoming you again.

Best regrads,

I Nyoman Suwamana Wahyu Putra and Management Team
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jimbaran
Kayumanis Nusa Dua Private Villa & Spa
#2 of 143 in Seminyak
The St. Regis Bali Resort
Jamahal Private Resort & SPA
The Villas at AYANA Resort BALI

Been to Kayumanis Jimbaran Private Estate & Spa? Share your experiences!