“Think before you book ...”
Review of Nirmala Hotel

Nirmala Hotel
Ranked #42 of 57 Hotels in Jimbaran
Kuala Lumpur
“Think before you book ...”
Reviewed 18 August 2012

It is important to stand back when deciding on this hotel and what you want. For me, it was not my cup of tea - i can handle basic but i like clean, functioning and ok good and decent enough location - although we got a big suite rooms, it felt empty and atmosphereless. There were various repair issues - lamp wiring broken, dodgy plugs, torn curtains. Cleanliness in general around the hotel was not 100% and it could do with a good overhaul. Breakfast was not good. It is 15 minutes away from main Jimbaran stretch and in a noisy location. We were interrupted at 9am when we were asleep to clean our room and 8am the next morning to deliver laundry we had washed (crazily expensive!). In saying that, the staff did seem to try their best, drove us to Kuta, airport etc as part of the package and were very nice. And as people have said, it is cheap. When you get to Jimbaran beach it is really lovely.There is a nice sports bar nearby too and supermarket underneath.

As I said, think about what you expect and it might be perfect if you are not too fussy and just a night or two.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Aug21-6

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Porto Alegre, RS
Reviewed 7 August 2012

I stayed at Nirmala a month ago when I was on vacation in Bali. First I was a little doubt because the price is relatively cheap, but I got great service when I stayed there. Staff are very friendly and willing to help me when I asked a recommended nice beach around Jimbaran. The hotel's location is very close to the beach. I stay in a Suite room in the rooftop. The atmosphere is very comfortable and I always sunbathing in the sun at the pool on the floor above. Cleanliness in this hotel and the breakfast menu should be improved to compete with the other hotels around. Overall this is the best budget hotel I have ever stayed.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Olivia708
Bali, Indonesia
Reviewed 3 August 2012

Stayed here for 6 months during my visit in Bali. must say the service was excellent and the rooms are very clean and spacious i must say you cant compare it to 5 stars in jimbaran but for the price you pay great value. the pool is awesome. Me and my wife were very happy with the location of the hotel, cant get better than this.

Myral- Portugal

Room Tip: if are planning to stay long term please negotiate the prices with the sales department
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Myral8
Reviewed 10 June 2012

I stayed there for 3 nights during my visit in Bali with a friend of mine, and overall there was nothing to regret of choosing this hotel, it was simply perfect! The room was spacious and perfectly taken care of. I also really love the way the hotel staff served us, they were very attentive and friendly towards us, making it a truly pleasant stay! It offers great value of money considering it is also located in a strategic place, with nearby supermarket and close to te beach. Overall, it was a perfect choice that we have made in choosing Nirmala Jimbaran as our accommodation in Bali, will absolutely stay here again for our next visit in Bali!

• Stayed October 2011
2 Thank Devina1401
Bali
Reviewed 16 February 2012

Stayed here for 2 nights in suite room.
They provide free airport transfer for inhouse guest, better to booked in advance so they can arrange it for you.
When check-in, nothing special, i found my room have a bad smell from the bathroom, ac not cold enough. wifi very slow. the door room is difficult to open and either to closed.
Had complain about the smell and ac, need to wait for a while for follow up. and still have bad smell, but ac ok.
Room and bathroom not clean enough.
The breakfast is poor and we need to go to their restaurant near to lobby, they said i can have breakfast in their rooftop restaurant (which closer to my room), but additional charge may apply. So i dont mind to have breakfast near to lobby.
The breakfast are cold, with a very simple buffet menu and just enough to fill up my stomach,but nothing special on it.
The most that i like during my stay is only their swimming pool, i could enjoy my sunbath and had a Jimbaran city view.
They have basement parking and easy access using the lift.
When check out,they charge me on mini bar which they said its free for suite room. And the receptionist keep saying it is chargeable, i tell her to check their supervisor/manager because they said its free when i check in. And finally my wish is fulfilled.
The overall, service is under standard, food not good, price not reasonable.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
4 Thank FlyFree82

Travellers are raving about these Jimbaran hotels

Perth, Australia
Reviewed 29 January 2012

Stayed here for 4 nights and had no problems at all.

Pros :
Very friendly local staff
Clean room
Decent location with supermarket downstairs
Ok breakfast
Decent in-house restaurant with room service
Reasonable pricing
Easy parking underneath the complex

Cons :

Bit noisy in the hallways with lots of what appeared to be package tourists
Air con wasn't the coldest
Shower drainage issues but nothing serious
Free Wifi service was virtually unusable

Conclusion :

If you are looking for a reasonably priced hotel in a more quiet location this is a pretty good choice.
Would stay here again.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Dodgy-Davey
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 5 September 2011

I was staying in this hotel last year and this year for a week trip. I love to stay in the top floor because the room like a cottage/small bungalow with a balcony. For local class hotel in Bali this hotel is quiet nice and cheap. The room is considered big and offered appropriate facilities for 3 stars accommodation. The staff was ok and nice. I think is a good choice to stay especially for a budget holiday.Enjoy!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple