other travellers have booked this property

Review of Sel Hut

Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Terrible
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Grange255
Perth
“What a nightmare”
Reviewed 8 April 2015 for a stay in March 2015
people found this review helpful

This place is ages from anywhere. Its a 150,000rp just to get to the closest mini mart. Which makes you stay at the hotel cos its so expensive to travel anywhere taxis dont come up to where the hotel is. When we arrived nobody checked us in properly the ground staff just showed us the way to the room and said someone will be here soon. 2 hours later i went searching for someone to see what was going on. They didnt seem to bothered saying we have your detais already. While the veiw is amazing its not private like it sugests. We paid $400 AUD a night for something thats worth not even half that amount. Its an open hut so all the bugs and insects get in we even woke up with a massive monkey near our bed. Theres dog poo and around the grounds so watch your step. theres a aircon above your bed which drips water on you all night and just acts as a fan as the house isn't enclosed. The electrics dont work properly had sparks and loud poping sounds coming from some of the lights, So we left them off. The mosquito net around the bed had holes in it. People can see straight into your villa and we even had people walk right inside. You cant lock the doors. So there is nothing remotely private about this place. People staying in the other huts on the grounds can see straight into your not so private pool by just standing on the cliff 2 meters away. Wifi is non existant. When it came to checking out the eftpos machine kept losing signal so after 4 attempts on my credit card i was asked to pay cash. The exchange rate they offered me was well below what you can get on the street but as your so far away from anywhere your stuck. So after losing more money and paying cash, ichecked my bank when i was able to get wifi to see they had charged my credit card also. So i payed twice. I contacted sel hut immediately and they said this happens often and that they money should bounce back in 3 days. So i asked for a receipt as they never gave me one. 6 days later i finally received my money back and 8 days on now im stil waiting on a receipt. Very unprofessional place and i dont reccomended anyone to stay at this 1 star hostel. I wish i didnt. waste $1200 and 3 days of my honeymoon at this joke of a hotel.

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.

Travellers are raving about these Jimbaran hotels

Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing