“Stayed many, many times.”

Bakung Sari Resort and Spa
Ranked #177 of 251 Hotels in Kuta
Reviewed 15 July 2013

I have stayed at Bakungsari Hotel more than 3 times and each has been a wonderful experience.
My father has traveled around Indonesia for over 10 years and has watched the hotel grow. Although the hotel is not a high star rating, the service and location is perfect. The breakfast menu is set but tasty out of a choice of pancakes or eggs, toast, coffee, juice ect.. The hotel has a lovely pool that I have never found dirty. I will return to this hotel in the future and recommend to other friends, family's, couples and solo travelers to enjoy a chilled out environment close to the heart of Kuta.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Charlotte31Gray

Reviewed 14 July 2013

I stayed in this hotel with my husband only for one night. The hotel looks very nice from the outside, the swimming pool looks very nice but we didn't actually use it so can't say how clean it was.The reception staff was not friendly which put me off quite a lot, it seems like they don't really care. Our room was on the first floor with a balcony which was nice. BUT then we checked the bed and it was really bad, the smell was terrible, like it has never been washed. i couldn't possible sleep on it so used our towels and stuff to cover the sheets and slept on the top. The bathroom is just a wet room, and the smell coming from the drains was horrible, it smelled so bad and also the towels smelled so dirty yuck. Breakfast was ok, stuff at the restaurant quite friendly.
The location of this hotel is good, close to shopping and restaurants and about 10 min walk to the beach. I wouldn't stay in this hotel again.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MartinaGino
Reviewed 12 July 2013

My partner and I just arrived home from Bali a few days ago after staying at the Bakungsari. I was anxious after reading some of the previous reviews to see what the hotel would be like. To my surprise, I really enjoyed my stay there. I think people expect to much for what they pay. The rooms were good, obviously not five star! But they were tidy and had air-conditioning which was all we needed. Our room was like a sanctuary to us, an escape from the heat, hustle and bustle out side. As for the service, so long as you are friendly to them they are always friendly back. I don't understand why people have complained about this? Keeping in mind the staff aren't fluent in English? You can hardly expect them to run up a deep and meaningful conversation with you. I'd say that's fair? We had no issues with them. We had no problems with service what so ever. The pool was great, really nice! We utilized that as much as we could during our stay. The cleaners were really friendly and greeted us every morning along with the security guard at the front gate. The breakfast, we thought, was enjoyable. I had the omelet and rice each morning and my boyfriend had the omelet and toast. We found this brekky really good actually as it was filling and relatively similar to our own food at home, a good start to the day! We thought the location was fabulous, walking distance from Kuta square & as nervous first timer travelers to Bali we enjoyed the western food they had to offer there when our stomachs were feeling a bit queasy from the Indonesian food. We would definitely recommend the Bakungsari to others, not to those who like to live in luxury though as you're only going to come out complaining.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank LeahW721
Reviewed 3 July 2013

This is my first visit to Bali.I stay in Kuta for 2 days..Bakung Sari looks like old hotel and there is no lift here.They said there is WIFI in this hotel but there is no signal at all at my room.For old people its better to take at second floor.The accomodation is quite good.But the service is very poor.When im at restaurant for breakfast the waiters often grumble if they wait too long for the order. I paid about IDR 400.000 / night.
Im dissapointed and Im not recommend this hotel at all...

Room Tip: For old people its better to take room in first floor....
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Anonymouz86
Reviewed 20 June 2013 via mobile

The rooms are not THAT bad for the price we paid.

However the bathroom keeps on falling apart.
The towel hanger keeps on falling down and the bathroom is dark and cold.

We tried to turn on the tv and it made an explosive sound. We never managed to turn the TV on.

Beds are acceptable. Bouncy and the springy.

All of the airconds are having water coming out of them which causes the corridor to be flooded. Talking about fatal hazard.

Nevertheless, another group of friends who stayed at the newer building were having a nicer room. LCD tv, bright rooms. So it also depends on your luck.

I would not go back to that place and I would not recommend anyone to stay there.

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed 6 June 2013

We stayed here only one night, immediately after arriving on Bali. We just needed a simple place to rest our jetlagged heads and for this purpose the Bakung Sari hotel is excellent.
It is located in the center of Kuta, some 10 minutes from the beach.
The hotel is a very simple and down market place so you should not expect too much from it, but staff at reception were nice and the bar has good drinks and is cheap.
The room was very simple but both airco and fridge worked.
The hotel has a garden and a pool which are surrounded by 3 stories of rooms. If you are unlucky you will have to navigate some stairs.
Breakfast is very limited, however there are plenty of eateries around the hotel.
If you need a simple place to stay this hotel is really good but I would not recommend it for a longer holiday.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the ground floor
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 May 2013

I stayed for 3 nights and I may say that I quite enjoyed my time there. For the price I paid, I think I got a fair value. I got a room with balcony and a view of the pool. It was clean, though it was old and the bedspread also smelt old. The staff were nice and gave fair quality of service. The breakfast was okay, but I could enjoy it, somehow. The best parts were the pool and the small restaurants nearby with very reasonable price. I'd say I'd recommend it to other fellow backpackers.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends