“If the location is all you concern...”

Maharani Beach Hotel
Ranked #124 of 253 Hotels in Kuta
Reviewed 7 January 2013

First, the pool is way too different from the pic, it's small but not too bad. But the thing I wanna say is not just about the swimming pool, but facilities. It's in perfect location but that's it, that's all you can expect, the staff are super friendly but nothing they can help as hotel itself got nothing at all.
They always run out of towel and there's no adapter and hair dryer and no wifi access. And the room is not that clean and seems like their staff from house keeping department is still in training, so they may remember to change your bed sheet but forgot the towel.

So if location is the only thing you care, that's fine. If not,

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
BaliGarden, Social Media Marketing at Maharani Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2013

Dear Cath N,
Warmest greeting from Maharani Beach Hotel

I very much appreciate you taking the time to write your view on the Tripadvisor regarding your recent stay at the Maharani Beach Hotel.

At the outset, let me begin by apologizing to you for the less than adequate experience you received during your stay. Your concerns and the disappointment you have expressed In reference to Adaptor and Hair dryer. We provide those facilities on request, every time guest need the Adaptor, we provide international adaptor in Reception on reques, same as the hair dryer aswell.

And regarding our WiFi with nominal charge for Rp.25.000 (US$2.50) for 3 hours or Rp.50.000 (US$5) for 24 hours is payable to allowed us to provide a reliable internet service through out the hotel aswell as in the room.

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with such valuable feed back, and it is in our hope you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the future.

Reviewed 5 January 2013

We booked as walk in guests and after searching most of the hotels in Kuta, this hotel was the best rate that we got. We wanted a hotel next to the beach and this hotel fit perfectly as it is opposite to Kuta Beach, other attractions like Hard Rock Cafe, Kuta Square, Discovery mall are right around the corner..

We went for beach walk in the night; the rooms are quite new and clean. The staff was the best part, very interactive, pleasant, and kind....

Good customer service, great location, nice rooms.

The only drawback is that this hotel does not have free Wi-Fi and you have to purchase packages, the internet packages that we purchased did not work some times.

Room Tip: This hotel does not have a lift, to avoid climbing stairs, get a room on the ground level.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
nitatraeger, Social Media Marketing at Maharani Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2013

Dear Constance55555,
Warmest greeting from Maharani Beach Hotel

Thank you for taking the time to write this review regarding your stay at the Maharani Beach Hotel. At Maharani we strive to provide a superior customer service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us.

Your concerns and the disappointment you have expressed In reference to the WiFi a nominal charge for Rp.25.000 [US$2.50] for 3 hours and Rp. 50.000 [US$ 5] for 24 hours is payable to allowed us to provide a reliable internet service through out the resort.

We also please note at the Maharani Beach Hotel, we do have a lift right located when you pass our Tari Spa. It has been there since we finished renovated the hotel. Apology if you didn't get a change to use our lift during your stay with us.

We appreciate your sharing your concerns, and it is our hope that you will give us the benefit of the doubt and choose to stay with us again in the near future.

Reviewed 3 January 2013

Firstly I would like to say that staff absolutely make this place! I was always greeted by name & nothing was too difficult. My partner & I got engaged & the staff were as excited as we are! Massive thank you to Nita who went above & beyond to make our time enjoyable. Your the best x

As far as the rooms go - we had a deluxe ocean view room which was nice.. you get what you pay for though, so dont expect anything too fancy. The room & bathroom were a good size. It was quite noisy, so if you want to go to bed early you will struggle.

The location is amazing & even though the breakfast wasn't great, your in the heart of kuta so there are plenty of places to try close by. Every other meal we had was beautiful! We ended up eating there quite a few times!

The pool area was nice & the spa salon great! I guess I'm more of a budget traveller, but its nice to feel like you've had your own piece of luxury even on a budget & they definitely delivered on that!

Once again though I would like to thank Nita & her staff for everything they did! You guys are great!!

• Stayed: December 2012
BaliGarden, Social Media Marketing at Maharani Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2013

Dear bek7,
Warmest greeting from Maharani Beach Hotel

Our congratulations on your engagement and thank you so much for your wonderful remarks, which I have shared with all my team.

It is always pleasing to receive such positive remarks and I am thrilled to hear that we were able to make your day so special.

I’m thrilled you enjoyed your experience on all levels and I’m especially pleased the team looked after you so well.

I Personally would like to say thank you for staying with us and it was good met you and your fiance in personal.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 31 December 2012

Arrived hotel and we had to lugged our bags up a short flight of steps. Check in was simple as we had our voucher printed and ready. The security guard helped us to carry our bags up a flight of stairs to our room on the first floor.

First impression is good - the floor is tiled, flat screen TV mounted on the wall in front of the bed. There's a kettle, in room safe and small fridge. Room is clean, shower is strong while standing in the full length bath tub and the mattress on the king size bed is firm. Unfortunately, so is the pillow. The aircond works well and the main door opened with a magnetic card. Bathroom door couldn't close as it doesn't fit the door frame. However a word to the housekeeping staff who was cleaning next door got the problem fixed upon our return. For internet access, paid Rp50K for 2 days of use. WiFi signal is strong and stable in the room. We stayed in room 117 which is at the back - very quiet.

We are not fussy eaters but the breakfast is forgettable, repeated twice as we stayed 2 nights. Cold scrambled eggs just doesn't cut it. How we long for a egg station.

However, the value of this hotel is in its location and not the breakfast spread. But we can wish.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
nitatraeger, Social Media Marketing at Maharani Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2013

Dear EKYSeremban_Malaysia,
Warmest greeting from Maharani Beach Hotel

I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. However, I am disappointed that your breakfast experience did not meet your expectations.

We have certainly addressed the issues you experienced with our Chef as at Maharani we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent future occurrence.

Reviewed 25 December 2012 via mobile

Stayed 3 nights - 17-20 dec 2012 - read some good reviews re the recent renovation so was looking forward to our stay. Sadly I was disappointed. No one to greet us or take our bags upon arrival. Limited info from reception staff upon checkin re breakfast times etc. Room was up a flight of stairs then a lift to 4th floor - tricky for a pram etc. Room itself was ok - great view of beach but basic 2/3 star if that. No room service menu, no info on area provided, tiny fridge and no info re phone numbers to call if we needed anything. One bottle of water provided the first day then no more after that! Asked reception for extra towels and the security guard delivered them to our room - hmmmm ... Who was on the front entrance I wonder??? Pool area was awful - overlooked by Macdonalds restaurant - never saw one person swimming! Breakfast was terrible - I am easy to please but was quite disappointed as I always look forward to this as part of a holiday. No one to greet you - I could have walked in off the street and helped myself! Instant powder coffee and rubber eggs! Expected more. :-( I sincerely hope they pick up their game as their location is excellent.

1  Thank LoveBaliGirl

Dear LoveBaliGirl,
Warmest greeting from Maharani Beach Hotel

I am naturally extremely concerned you did not enjoy your stay and offer my sincere apologies also I very much appreciate the time you have taken to share your experience.

This is certainly not the impression we would wish you to leave with and I would appreciate an opportunity to put that right.

The management and team of Maharani Beach Hotel are passionate about exceeding guest expectations, the comfort and satisfaction of their guests is of prime importance.

On this occasion we have fallen short of our key objective and I offer my sincere apologies. Your constructive feedback has given me the opportunity to work with our team to improve our services and implement the importance of our guest’s well-being.

Reviewed 16 December 2012

My family of 3 stayed from 11/12-16/12 in Maharani Beach Hotel in Kuta. Our mornings were greeted by the beautiful breath taking ocean view. The room was very clean. The balcony was spacious. However, I would suggest to the management to place at least 2 seats in the balcony for the guests to enjoy the view. And if you would also consider a complimentary wifii it would be awesome. When we came, there was a huge tree in the pool. It was due to the heavy rain a day before. The management worked fast in clearing up the mess. Well Done!!! But sad though we didn't get to enjoy the pool. I think covering the glass which overlook the Mac Donalds would give the guests some privacy while spending some time at the pool. The less than 3 minutes walk to the beach makes us forget about the unavailable pool..:)) Please give all your staff a pat on their backs as they were all so polite and helpful. They were always smiling and ready to attend to our needs. The location was superb.
What more can I say...our 5 night stay was a memorable one. Thanx a bunch of daisies.

• Stayed: December 2012
BaliGarden, Social Media Marketing at Maharani Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 December 2012

Dear LailaFlowerPower,
Warmest greeting from Maharani Beach Hotel

Thank you so much for your fantastic review on Trip Advisor.

I’m very sorry you were unable to enjoy the swimming pool in this visit, due to the temporary closure for renovations and caused of one our biggest tree fell down after a big wind, however we hope you will be back to savour this exciting pool when all this renovation finished early in the new year.

I have taken great pleasure in passing on your compliments to the Team

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 28 November 2012

The place is clean but not spotless. They are steps away from the beach which is an advantage. Also, they are minutes from the heart of Kuta.

Staff is ok but they do not go overboard. Management is available only during the day so if you have any issues between 5 pm and 9 am that need their attention, you need to wait until they get to work.

You share the pool with McDonald’s customers. In fact during the entire stay there I could not see any guest using the pool.

It could be helpful if they had an orientation package which could include number for the reception, security, map, etc.

Walls are thin like a paper. Las night (but only last night) we could not sleep because the neighbors were yelling at each other.

For breakfast they offer scrambled eggs plus local food but it is all tasteless. They have the selection of pastries which is nice.

You need to pay extra for wi – fi but there is a nice café cross the street where you can enjoy coffee and free wi –fi.

Room Tip: Choose a room without a view to avoid loud music at night.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear Margareta X,
Warmest greeting from Maharani Beach Hotel

Thank you very much for your review on Trip Advisor.

I am concerned that, whilst you enjoyed your stay reasonably well, there were aspects of your visit that did not meet your expectations. Please accept my most sincere apologies - I am very sorry we did not correct these issues whilst you were staying.

We would very much appreciate the opportunity to change your impression. I would be pleased if you could kindly contact by email at sales@maharanibeachhotel.com in order for us to see how we can improve your next visit.

I look forward to hearing from you and very much hope we have the chance to welcome you back soon.