“Great break”

Ranked #112 of 252 Hotels in Kuta
Fuengirola, Spain
“Great break”
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Totally happy with everything, was there in March 2014. Very clean, the staff were exceptionally friendly and helpful and we wanted for nothing. Cross one street and you are on the beach and there are dozens of restaurants and bars within minutes of walking. There is music from Thursday to Saturday night in the rest. and the food is great. There is music every night in the hotel opposite so you can sit in your own hotel and listen to it.

Room Tip: We were on the first floor bordering the busy side street and it wasn't noisy
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
BaliGarden, Marketing Communication Manager at Maharani Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 5 June 2014
Dear Tony S,
Warmest Greeting from Maharani Beach Hotel...

It is always encouraging when our guests have a wonderful and fantastic stay in our hotel. I will pass on your comments to the Maharani Team and again we really appreciate your positive response and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

If I could be any assistance in your future reservations, please do not hesitate to contact me.

smm@baligardenbeachresort.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (128)
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Reviewed 12 April 2014 via mobile

Pro: nice staff, good breakfast, pool quiet, room was nice but had few small issues(below), location was the absolute best.
Cons: shower drains were clogged and shower temperature either boiling or freezing.
Overall I enjoyed my stay. Would definitely recommend.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank newmanzip
BaliGarden, Marketing Communication Manager at Maharani Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 22 April 2014
Dear Jojo N,
Warmest Greeting from Maharani Beach Hotel...

Thank you for taking time to write this review regarding your stay at Maharani.
I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. However, I apologies if you still found some issues regarding our shower drains and temperature. We have certainly addressed those issues with management team as we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer.

Once again thank you for sharing your experience and we hope you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the future. If I could be of any assistance in your future reservations, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Perth, Australia
Reviewed 10 April 2014

My mum and I stayed here for 5 days in feb/mar. The rooms were nice, the pool bar/barman Wayan was great and the area its in are good but there is a few little things that could be fixed that could make your stay a whole lot better. Number one......like I said the pool bar/barman are great but there is no atmosphere......no music!! If there was music it would be way better. Number 2......no free wifi!!!Ive stayed at many cheaper bali hotels and they have all had free wifi, this makes it easier to stay in contact with home for free. Last of all the breakfast was very average. If these few things were upgraded it could change everything dont know if I would stay again.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank courtnee d D
BaliGarden, Marketing Communication Manager at Maharani Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 12 April 2014
Dear courtnee d D,
Warmest Greeting from Maharani Beach Hotel...

Thank you for taking the time to write your detail and great review. I am truly sorry that our service did not meet your expectations. Please allow me to express my apologies.

We have certainly addressed your comment to our management team regarding our pool bar, wi-fi, and breakfast.
We do charge our guest with rate IDR 10,000 (approximately USD1)/hour. This is to provide a more reliable online service to the guest.
Regarding on the breakfast, everyday we provide selection of fruits, cereals, pastries, juice and egg station with a chef cooking eggs any style and pancakes to order.

I appreciate your sharing and concern. I would be pleased if you could contact me direct on smm@baligardenbeachresort.com in order to discuss your issues and to find a satisfactory solution. If I could be any assistance in your future reservation, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 8 April 2014 via mobile

I was really disappointed with this property after booking on the internet : the staff were pretty lazy and at check in were not much help : had to wait for receptionist to arrive back from a break !!! when I arrived at the 4th floor room after climbing stairs I between floors found I needed extra towel and pillow to be told housekeeping had finished for the night at 7 pm!! Really !!
The air con was pretty ordinary and pool and breakfast area not much better ; I was booked for 5 nights and stayed just one. ; walked to find another hotel which I will also report on ; suggest to look around in same area lots of great hotels other than this on or near the beach and shops :(

Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Geoff2546
Dear Geoff2546,
Warmest greeting from Maharani Beach Hotel...

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about all your experience at our hotel.
I am truly sorry that our service did not meet your expectations. Please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

We have certainly addressed the issue you experience with our staff service and attitude. Your experience is certainly not in keeping with our normal standards and we would like to contact your independently to resolve the situation. I would be pleased if you could contact me direct on smm@baligardenbeachresort.com in order to discuss your issues and find a satisfactory solution.

Nevertheless, I am pleased that you have sufficient faith in us to bring this problem to our attention, thus giving us the opportunity to put this right.

Once again, thank you for taking your time and it is our hope that you will give us the opportunity to serve you better. If I could be any assistance in your future reservation, please do not hesitate to contact me.
smm@baligardenbeachresort.com.
Western Australia
Reviewed 19 February 2014

We had booked at this hotel for different days when we were in Kuta starting off with a 3 days stay, Unfortunately that was the start and end of our journey with this hotel.
Nothing about this hotel was inviting. It seems they are trying to re vamp it to bring it up to there "sister" hotel standards but there is a long way to go.
Staff need to be trained...from reception to hospitality staff.
Meals: Breakfast was appalling, they had run out of everything, not sure if they had it in the first place to stat the day !!! The Duty Manager was probably the only efficient one that I encountered while we were there and she had to get in the restaurant and help to get a very simple breakfast menu out on the tables.
Cleanliness: This hotel needs to lift its game... Our room was supposed to be the deluxe ocean view .( sliding door, refurbished a little etc etc....instead we got the lower floor with 3 beds in it and it smelt of mould.
I did put a call into the Australian Manager /Manageress of the "other" sister hotel and never received even a call back, which I found distressing .Unfortunate as I come to Bali a lot.
It could be fantastic as it is in a prime location.
I also had my car there and parking for me was a nightmare...the staff were not bothered to assist me in any way..I actually had to illegally park in the hotel next doors basement and walk.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
BaliGarden, Marketing Communication Manager at Maharani Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 4 April 2014
Dear nessiemck,
Warmest Greeting from Maharani Beach Hotel...

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about all your experience at Maharani Beach Hotel.

We have certainly addressed the issues you have experienced regarding on the breakfast. In our daily breakfast, we provide a selection of fruits, cereals, pastries, juice, and egg station with a chef cooking eggs any style and pancakes to order.

Unfortunately your message to manager at Bali Garden is not received and it is only now we become aware of the situation. Your experience is certainly not in keeping with our normal standards and we would like to contact you independently to resolve the situation. I would be pleased if you could contact me direct on smm@baligardenbeachresort.com in order to discuss your issues and find a satisfactory solution.
We value your feedback and we hope that we would give us opportunity to put that right. This is certainly not the impression we would wish you to leave with and I look forward to hearing back from you.

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Reviewed 12 February 2014

We stayed here for a week, and loved every minute off it. When we arrived we upgraded to a balcony room which was the best thing to do, as it's so better sitting outside after a long day and just relaxing. We went with another couple and we were pleased as they were able to be in the next room as the offer was given to them also to have a balcony room. We had a few mishaps when the aircon wasn't working correctly and we rang reception and they were up within 5 mins of the call. All the staff were welcoming and always had a smile on their face. The Sandbar resteruant downstairs is fantastic, all the food was to die for, hubby and I ate there every night, and not once could we fault it. The only downfall we had was a bunch if young girls taking over the pool everyday from morning till night, so you were not really able to lounge around by the pool without them in your face. Apart from that overall we had a grat stay. Climbing the stairs everyday though was a killer but our calves are better for doing it. Looking forward to heading back at the end of the year and will be staying here again. Great job.

• Stayed January 2014
1 Thank Rhondele R
BaliGarden, Public Relations Manager at Maharani Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 24 February 2014
Dear Rhondele R,
Warmest Greeting from Maharani Beach Hotel...

I really appreciate your great review. We are delighted to serve you as a guest.

We have also note your comments about the noise level in our property. I have pass that message to the management team and rest assure that we are taking the appropriate measure to address the problem and prevent future occurrence

We appreciate you comment and sharing your experience. I hope you would give us opportunity to put that right. I look forward to welcoming you back and if I could be any assistance in your future reservations, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Geraldton, Australia
Reviewed 5 February 2014 via mobile

Loved the 7 days we spent here, aircon was great, room was tidy and always maintained properly , sandbar breakfast was great, even had dinner there a few times, loved the pool and the day spa , everyone there is so friendly , would definitly recommend and come back!

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ethanb30
BaliGarden, Public Relations Manager at Maharani Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 10 February 2014
Dear Ethanb30,
Warmest Greeting from Maharani Beach Hotel...

I really appreciate your great review. we are delighted to serve you as our guest.
Thank you for taking time to provide us with such valuable feedback and hope you will give us the opportunity to serve you again. I look forward to welcoming you back and if I could be any assistance in your future reservations, please do not hesitate to contact me.