“Affordable place close to the city and airport, that's about it.”
Review of Bali Segara Hotel

Bali Segara Hotel
Ranked #183 of 338 Hotels in Kuta
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Affordable place close to the city and airport, that's about it.”
Reviewed 31 July 2013

We stayed for 5 nights and we felt that it's just a usual hotel in Bali with basic facilities (pool, free wifi, restaurant, daily house keeping, safe box in the closet and pick up svc from/to airport). Good thing is it's close to a number of attractive places in Bali (Kuta, Legian, Seminyak, Uluwatu, Tanah Lot and possibly Ubud for some ppl). It took me about 45 min on a motorbike ride to Ubud, which is not a problem. Cost of rental for the bike is 50,000 rupiah/day from the hotel. No qualms about that as it was a good condition bike. The hotel staff seems friendly, however they do not talk much except for the hotel manager whom we usually chat with for a moment each time we bump into each other.

The rooms seems a little bit old with some cracks and repaired furnitures still being used. I was informed that the hotel is already 20 years old. Understood that, however maybe some maintenance work would be great. The breakfast wasn't fantastic. Tried for 2 days and didn't wanted more. We do have mosquito problems at night too, can't sit at the balcony for long even thought I like to enjoy the view of the pool. Doors must be kept shut at night which is really not my type - gives me the feeling of claustrophobia. Overall, I'll give an average score. Not the kind of hotel that I can stay in all day (I spent 4 nights in a guest house in Kerobokan earlier and I felt like not wanting to go anywhere, do anything). I got bored already in this hotel aft the 1st half of the day.

Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
  • Indonesian first
Bridgewater, New Jersey
Reviewed 18 July 2013

Stayed one night here and one in a 5 star hotel (The Stones). I can put the comparison simply; if you want a personal but Spartan experience, this is the place to stay. The staff goes way beyond expectations to make sure your every need is satisfied. The room rates are very economical, even for Bali. If you want the luxury experience, try another hotel. I warn you though, you will miss out on a hidden gem of the area.

Room Tip: Other advisors have mentioned the water and mosquitos. Every hotel in Bali sprays regularly as this...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 July 2013

we stayed here by word of mouth. its nothing flash, a small balinese hotel thats close to the airport. The owners was there, they seemed to act like the hotel is there for there use only, Guests were an inconvienience. The staff are fabulous, wonderful staff. Nothing is free including water to brush your teeth, this is free everwhere else. there are speakers very close to the hotel, so if you are happy to hear the "call to prayer" every few hours then enjoy, 5 in the morning was juat a little too early for me.
The mosquitos are a bit problem here. unlike other hotels who spray or smoke them, this hotel seemed to do nothing. Our room was a twin upstairs, the toilets did not work and there was no water for a shower. Other hotel guests seemed to have the same problem. I only stayed 2 nights, it was convienient to airport but not sure if i would come back.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
Tweed Heads, Australia
Reviewed 1 July 2013

I stayed here after missing a flight and needed somewhere to park up for 18 hours while waiting for another flight. I really liked the hotel even though I have only given it a 3. It was in traditional balinese style and was very comfortable. It was very close to the airport and pretty central if you are wanting to stay in the Kuta area and visit the Nusa Dua/Uluwatu end of the island and not spend too much time getting around. I would stay there again as I found it very charming, but a bit expensive compared to other accommodation I stayed in which was more modern. It was the only place I stayed where I had to pay for the bottled water provided free by other hotels daily.

Room Tip: Room 206 - was not part of the Hotel but on the middle floor above reception. Central to the three s...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
Shiraz, Iran
Reviewed 29 May 2013

We stayed in Segara hotel for our first night in Bali. We had no time to look around and needed something cheap. I really liked to stay in Kuta for 1 or 2 nights so I found the hotel online and made a reservation by phone.
We were arriving late at airport and the hotel had a free pick-up.
Our-pickup was hassle-free as the place was near the airport.
Our first room was nice but there was a problem with an outlet so the lights went off. As they could not fix it, we had to move to another room. (We moved twice, first to a twin then to a double or maybe family suit)
The rooms were a bit shabby and old but the bed was very clean and nice. The second room was more like a small flat. There was a fridge outside the room in the hall.
Except for a coffee bag, the rest were charged.
Next morning we had breakfast downstairs near the pool.
The pool and garden view was very nice in the morning. It was near the beach just a few minutes walk in turning allies but ok for the day not night I guess.
All in all
You may like the atmosphere, it is really beautiful but the rooms look old.

I guess it depends of the price they offer. What we paid was too much for this place. So we decided to check out at noon but left our stuff at the hotel reception.

Of course the staff were nice and helpful.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Pontianak, Kalimantan Barat, Indonesia
Reviewed 29 April 2013

This hotel is very near to the Denpasar airport. We didn't know about the free airport pick up so we went there by taxi, it was only IDR 15.000. It's located on a small road, accessible by car. The location was pretty good, we could reach Kuta Beach in 10 minutes or less by motorcycle.
The staffs were helpful. The hotel actually didn't have any bike rental but the staffs let us rented one of their bikes with just IDR 50.000 per day (standard price for bike rental).
Nice room, big old bathroom (bathtub in standard rooms). Everything was spotless clean. Free library.
Basic but good breakfast.
Quiet & very relaxing.
The pool was awesome. Clean, big enough for a small hotel. Nice day beds. Spa, fish pond, restaurant were just steps away.
It's a well maintained small budget hotel.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Sydney Australia
Reviewed 22 April 2013

My husband Arrived late in the evening to Denpasar Airport and booked the Bali Segara hotel which is only 5 minutes away. We were met at the Airport by one of the hotel staff and taken to the hotel. Our room was very clean and we had. Great night sleep. The grounds are lovely and there is a great pool in case it's really hot. Breakfast is included and the price for our room and breakfast was $44! Great value for money! Highly recommend for tired travellers to stay when arriving to BLi very late at night.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple