“A tranquil place to stay, and close enough to play”
Review of Bali Segara Hotel

Bali Segara Hotel
Ranked #117 of 252 Hotels in Kuta
Reviewed 20 August 2014

Super friendly and helpful staff made my stay most enjoyable. The hotel is 30 min walk to the heart of kuta, or a 15,000 rp taxi ride. You're close enough to be amongst it, and far enough to feel like it doesn't even exist. It's the best of both worlds.

I needed travel advice and assistance with visas which the kind staff willingly provided.

Rooms are a little tired but are clean , comfortable, anand the air conditioning works a treat. I cannot commend the staff more for their kindness and helpfulness. I will definitely be back to stay again.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jason T

Reviewed 16 August 2014

I made the right decision to stay at Bali Segara...
(1) They were very responsive in queries via email (i did call & email other hotels) and picked us up in the airport on time.
(2) Agus and the rest of the staff were friendly and accomodating. They even taught us how to do the elephant towels!
(3) Nice and cozy place... Authentic balinese feel... Quaint and lovely!
(4) Endorsed us to a great guide to Seminyak, thanks Arya!

I will choose Bali Segara on my next visit and wouldn't hesitate to refer to my friends!

• Stayed: August 2014
Reviewed 22 June 2014

This is my second stay at the lovely Bali Segara Hotel and even better this time because I get to stay longer.

It has a real authentic feel to it - so much better than all these foreign-owned soulless hotels around with a hundred rooms. It's in a lovely little neighbourhood - wander around the gangs (alleys) around it and get a feel for the real Bali and the friendly people.

Rooms aren't flash but have everything I'd want in Bali - a great pool, privacy, A/C and wonderful, helpful staff. Plus free airport pickups.

Even though it's close to the airport, I haven't heard any noise from it whatsoever.

I'll not stay anywhere else again while coming through Bali and needing to be close to the airport,

Room Tip: I like the upstairs balcony rooms.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 April 2014

Stayed one night at the Bali Segara hotel after flying in from Australia with 5adults and 2 kids. Great location close to airport with pick up service. Great pool loved by all. Rooms were great, very spacious and traditionally furnished. Staff were very friendly and hospitable.

• Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed 15 January 2014 via mobile

Plus:
- very close proximity to airport
- huge suite (family room). Very spacious for family of 4 with lots of luggage
- lots of storage space
- friendly staff
- competitive rate, incl. wifi, airport pickup, simple breakfast

Minus:
- steep stairs in family 'room'
- low hygiene / cleanliness standards

Summary : ok for short stay before/after flight

Stayed: January 2014
Reviewed 31 December 2013

I was just looking for somewhere quiet and close to the airport to overnight between flights, and booked a night at the Bali Segara Hotel online.

I was really pleasantly surprised; the service was outstanding - included airport transfers and I was able to arrange a late check-out and a massage too. The food from the onsite restaurant was all freshly prepared and tasty as well.

The rooms aren't opulent, but they are clean, comfortable, and functional, with a certain amount of local charm. I had a balcony overlooking the pool, which was nice too - all at an affordable price. In short, next time I need somewhere to stay by the airport in Bali, I'd definitely consider coming back.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 19 November 2013 via mobile

Tried this place again. Really love the staff. Want to love this hotel. Really do, its so relaxed. Stayed 2 nights with layover in bali before flighing back to Australia. My daughter and husband left hotel with welts all over body. Both we hospitalized when we returned with dengy fever. My daughter neally died. World health association was alerted by hospital. This hotel needs to spray for mosquito's. Regret going back.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
BaliSegaraHotel, Owner at Bali Segara Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2013

Dear legodudes

We regret to hear about your hospitalisation after returning from Bali. As we have not been able to verify when you had stayed with us, please provide us your reservation details by email to blsegara@indo.net.id.

Please note that the hotel does take preventative measures against mosquito-borne illnesses common throughout Bali including the regular fogging of the hotel compound. We will further increase these preventative measures, however we still cannot guarantee a mosquito-bite-free environment to anyone. After all, mosquitos are prevalent in Bali and other than the preventative measures, are beyond our control. Travellers are hence advised by government bodies to also take personal measures to avoid insect bites throughout Bali such as using an insect repellent as required.

We do every effort to provide a comfortable stay and excellent service to our guests. Rest assured we do listen to all our guests’ feedback and action these feedbacks appropriately.

Kind regards