“Great place, bad timing”
Review of Masa Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Kuta
Masa Inn
Ranked #70 of 250 Hotels in Kuta
Reviewed 12 June 2012

I loved my stay at Masa Inn, but it was cut short when we were told to vacate our room. We hadn't come on a reservation; we had just stopped by and decided to stay. When we were checking in they asked if we wanted to pay for our stay up front or day by day. (This is common in Bali - it's hard to find a place to stay before noon because if the place was full the night before, the owners just tell you to wait and see if someone checks out.) We asked if there was any advantage one way or the other, and they said no. It seems there is a disadvantage - they can kick you out! It turned out that the owner was having a huge party and lots of relatives were coming, so they needed the rooms. We were moved to a rather unpleasant back corner (no sunlight) room and charged MORE money for it, so we decided to check out the next day. Even so, I could give it a higher rating if not for the shockingly(!) rude desk staff (just one of them). Even as we were being told to vacate, I never raised my voice or took an attitude with her. I just tried to understand how this had happened and seek a solution, such as being moved to the aforementioned corner room for the same price we were already paying (they informed us of this at 10pm the night before even though they'd had plenty of opportunities earlier as we had been coming and going all day). She refused to speak to us calmly, instead just throwing papers around, raising her voice at me, and interrupting every sentence I tried to speak. However, she was just one person - everyone else we met there was very kind and helpful. It's unfortunate that a lovely inn like this has such an individual on staff. My guess is that she's a family member (and therefore can't be fired) - surely no one else would behave so shamefully.

Now the good parts: The front desk staff there the day we checked in (and everyone else we met with the obvious exception) were lovely. The room safes are bolted down, unlike many other places. The rooms are not new, but are sufficiently clean. There were top and bottom sheets on the beds. Our first room was quite bright and pleasant, and the wifi was not too slow. I appreciated having a fridge in the room. The courtyards are pretty and well kept. The breakfasts were the best part, though. They offered oatmeal! It's sooooo nice to have a healthy, non-fried option for breakfast. One can only take so many pancakes and fried rice. The waiter was quite kind, and easily accommodated my request for no milk on the oatmeal and in the banana juice without getting out of sorts.

I would stay here again, but only after paying for my full reservation up front. I'll take partial blame for that one, but that one woman's rudeness was truly inexcusable. At no point did I give her reason to act like that toward me.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 3baekwon

Reviewed 11 June 2012

As our first stop at Bali,we just stay there a short night.But that is a very nice and peace night.
When check in ,the receptionist even called my name and give me a good smell towel,the simle on their face made me relax at first.
At morning,very early,the stuff begin their working at the swimming poor,at the garden,they do it gentlely and carefully .I think they didn't want to wake up the morning ,the guests even the birds.
Ofcoure the place there is well,short walking form the Kuta beach.
The room is clean and you will have a nice dream.
I had to motion the breakfast ,the stuff wil give you some choice,not like other hotel just a few kinds.

I like it.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Lucy X
Reviewed 11 May 2012

A quiet venue right in the heart of buzzing Kuta. Bathrooms have been upgraded since my l;ast visit and generally the facilities have improved considerably. Breakfast under the umbrellas is great.
,except you have to eat fast as they bring your entire order at once.Staff are very efficient and friendly, always helpful .
Recommend a stay here.

Room Tip: Downstrair room overlooking main pool is preferable
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank 7Rhone
Reviewed 3 May 2012

Myself and my father arrived in Bali in April 2012, got a taxi to Massa Inn Kuta, Poppies One.
Great location, great service, great clean and tidy rooms and bathrooms.
It cost 600,000rp for two people per night but it was worth it !!!!
It is a small hotel wih two swimming pools with great layouts off garderns and Balinese work off art.
The people at front desk are always willing to help out anytime of the day or night.
We had no problems with this hotel and we will be back!!
KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK MASSA INN
100 OUT OFF 100!!
Stayed April 12th - 15th 2012. (Will upload photos when I have the chance)

Room Tip: Ask for triple room at the front pool as noone uses the first pool at all. The triple rooms are very...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
6  Thank Meccie
Reviewed 1 May 2012

Every time I'm in Bali, I've stayed at Masa Inn for the past 3 years. For a hotel in this price range, rooms are spacious, safe, and relatively clean.

Masa Inn has undergone a lot of improvements over the years, including good WiFi coverage, upgrades to their aging bathrooms, and international friendly power points. Hotel staff are friendly, very attentive, and quick to remedy any discomforts you may encounter (e.g., mosquitoes, poor plumbing).

What I didn't like was the slight inevitable price increase in their room rates and their rather pricey unexciting breakfast (breakfast is included with their rooms but I often invite friends over for breakfast). My only bad experience with Masa Inn was a sleepless night as a result of bed bugs. The staff was quick to move me into a new room the next day and shut down the room until pest control could deal with them.

Room Tip: Affordable rooms located in a very strategic part near Kuta beach.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
4  Thank joecoolSG
Reviewed 22 April 2012

Stayed in Masa inn for 9 nights. A really cozy and friendly hotel. And a good value for the money. We were 3 friends travelling and we had our own rooms. Costed about 25€/night included breakfest and free wifi. The hotel has 2 pool. The rooms are a bit old, but for the money it costed it had all you needed.

Perfect location. The hotel is cituated at Poppies gang 1, about 5 min walk from Kuta beach. And you have restaurants and bars just a few steps from the hotel.

Staff very friendly, always a smile on their faces.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank David L
Reviewed 17 April 2012

This is our one night stay in Kuta and didn't let us down. Bit hard to get into the lane with a taxi coz poppies lane's quite narrower than i thought would be, but location's very convenient with restaurants all around and only about 8 min walk to the kuta beach.

The hotel got two major gardens, one's walk right in with a small swimming pool and the other one hides behide with a larger pool and is a quiet place to stay so I'd prefer to ask for a room in the back pool area with a better view.

The two gardens very nicely taken care of and with some of the balinese style rooms around really makes it hard to leave. Talking about the rooms, bit old though. Bedroom's clean and the view to the gardens is great but you can see the rooms bit worn out from its lamps and the bathroom. Our bathroom tub curtain went moldy and some dirt on the bathroom door. All in all, the room's fine with us but if the staff could pay more attention to the details it would have been perfect to go with such a nice garden.

Room Tip: The back pool area is a quiet place to stay and the view is great. Rooms on the ground floor might b...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple