“oasis”
Review of Masa Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Kuta
Masa Inn
Ranked #66 of 253 Hotels in Kuta
Reviewed 18 July 2012

old bali
helpful, professional and friendly staff
clean rooms
center of Kuta....without the crazy Kuta vibe!
will be taking friends and family back here for sure
only stayed one night, on the way out to the outer islands..but wished I had more time to enjoy the masainn
for the price, the facilities are very above average

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Ross G

Reviewed 9 July 2012

I have been to the Masa Inn twice now and it does not disappoint. The hotel is located on Poppies I, which at one end of the street, is the beach and then the other end takes you to the night life area. The entire street is filled with little local shops where you can barter your prices and local restaurants. It's the perfect area for those looking for a good time. The pool in the back makes an easy place to meet fellow travellers. The breakfast is small with crepe like things or breakfast sandwiches served with fresh fruit smoothies (all delicious!). The rooms are basic, but you're in Indonesia. There's air conditioning, bath/shower, tv with English channels (be prepared to be watching "The Nanny" all vacation), patio chairs and small table to the front of your room. The restaurants on the street are great, the one directly across from the entrance has good Indonesian food and drink specials. Note that if your getting a "jug" of a cocktail they will come in a tall skinny container (probably holds about 700ml). If you go just up the street towards the beach on the right hand side there's another restaurant that serves more american styled meals and are usually playing a movie for everyone's entertainment. I highly suggest finding the nicer restaurant "Un's" down the opposite end of the street down a little ally off the right hand side, prices maxing out around 150,000 rupia ($15) for steak, chicken, pasta.. Try their signature margarita! Could not have been in a better area! I have stayed at the Febri's but I found the location wasn't as good as it's way down the road back towards the airport and you're paying only for the resort and not the location.

Room Tip: If you have lots of luggage try to get a room on the bottom floor, rooms in the back have the mini p...
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Aryn H
Reviewed 4 July 2012

Just returned from a ten night stay with some girlfriends in Kuta at the masa Inn...what a great value hotel for around 30 dollars a night it is excellent value. The breakfast is fresh and adequate, the staff are lovely the pools are clean and cool. The rooms are fine for 2 people..the matresses need upgrading though, very hard on the old back. Everyone that was staying there was extremely friendly. I was surprised to find the beer was cheaper at the hotel than it was at the shop across the road. No room service or restaurant except for breakfast and the shower head in our room was ordinary but apart from that it was a great value place to stay. Right in the heart of Kuta...suggest you ask for a room near the back pool as we heard no noise at night from the road. the shopping in poppies lane is great... I highly reccomend a short stay at the Masa..if you have to stay in Kuta

Room Tip: go for the rooms near the back pool. Rooms 115, 108 and 123 were good
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank melbbern
Reviewed 22 June 2012

This is a very nice family hotel, in operation since the mid '70s in the heart of Kuta. Halfway the busy Poppies 1 lane the friendly reception area already made us feel at home.
The area is super quiet at night so all good for a good nights sleep. In the day you are at the beach in 5 minutes and there are loads of restaurants nearby in the small gangs

Our room on the 2nd floor above the breakfast area where we stayed 3 nights was quite big, as was the bed and there was enough space for suitcases and towels to dry on a special towel stand. The fridge and complementary 2 small bottles of water a day are a nice touch.

Breakfast was good with toast,jam, a croissant, cornflakes or porridge and the choice of eggs, fruit with yoghurt, a pancake or sausages.
Staff was very friendly, helpfull - carried our suitcases right up the stairs in a wink - and correct.
All in all very nice stay and we would recommend this hotel to anyone in wanting to stay a couple of days in Kuta.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Olafdapolaf
Reviewed 12 June 2012

I loved my stay at Masa Inn, but it was cut short when we were told to vacate our room. We hadn't come on a reservation; we had just stopped by and decided to stay. When we were checking in they asked if we wanted to pay for our stay up front or day by day. (This is common in Bali - it's hard to find a place to stay before noon because if the place was full the night before, the owners just tell you to wait and see if someone checks out.) We asked if there was any advantage one way or the other, and they said no. It seems there is a disadvantage - they can kick you out! It turned out that the owner was having a huge party and lots of relatives were coming, so they needed the rooms. We were moved to a rather unpleasant back corner (no sunlight) room and charged MORE money for it, so we decided to check out the next day. Even so, I could give it a higher rating if not for the shockingly(!) rude desk staff (just one of them). Even as we were being told to vacate, I never raised my voice or took an attitude with her. I just tried to understand how this had happened and seek a solution, such as being moved to the aforementioned corner room for the same price we were already paying (they informed us of this at 10pm the night before even though they'd had plenty of opportunities earlier as we had been coming and going all day). She refused to speak to us calmly, instead just throwing papers around, raising her voice at me, and interrupting every sentence I tried to speak. However, she was just one person - everyone else we met there was very kind and helpful. It's unfortunate that a lovely inn like this has such an individual on staff. My guess is that she's a family member (and therefore can't be fired) - surely no one else would behave so shamefully.

Now the good parts: The front desk staff there the day we checked in (and everyone else we met with the obvious exception) were lovely. The room safes are bolted down, unlike many other places. The rooms are not new, but are sufficiently clean. There were top and bottom sheets on the beds. Our first room was quite bright and pleasant, and the wifi was not too slow. I appreciated having a fridge in the room. The courtyards are pretty and well kept. The breakfasts were the best part, though. They offered oatmeal! It's sooooo nice to have a healthy, non-fried option for breakfast. One can only take so many pancakes and fried rice. The waiter was quite kind, and easily accommodated my request for no milk on the oatmeal and in the banana juice without getting out of sorts.

I would stay here again, but only after paying for my full reservation up front. I'll take partial blame for that one, but that one woman's rudeness was truly inexcusable. At no point did I give her reason to act like that toward me.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 3baekwon
Reviewed 11 June 2012

As our first stop at Bali,we just stay there a short night.But that is a very nice and peace night.
When check in ,the receptionist even called my name and give me a good smell towel,the simle on their face made me relax at first.
At morning,very early,the stuff begin their working at the swimming poor,at the garden,they do it gentlely and carefully .I think they didn't want to wake up the morning ,the guests even the birds.
Ofcoure the place there is well,short walking form the Kuta beach.
The room is clean and you will have a nice dream.
I had to motion the breakfast ,the stuff wil give you some choice,not like other hotel just a few kinds.

I like it.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Lucy X
Reviewed 11 May 2012

A quiet venue right in the heart of buzzing Kuta. Bathrooms have been upgraded since my l;ast visit and generally the facilities have improved considerably. Breakfast under the umbrellas is great.
,except you have to eat fast as they bring your entire order at once.Staff are very efficient and friendly, always helpful .
Recommend a stay here.

Room Tip: Downstrair room overlooking main pool is preferable
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends