Masa Inn
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Kuta
See available hotels
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Hard Rock Hotel Bali(Kuta)
Ida Hotel(Kuta)
View Hotel
All reviewspoppies lanebamboo cornerper nightair conpools are greatrooms are basichot waterdouble bedstayed here for a weekhome away from homebreakfast was includedbusy streetlocation is excellentfamily roomfridgemassabali
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 11 April 2014

This in Bali style built hotel is centrally located on the very busy Poppies Lane 1.
Behind a wall and the reception, the hotel stretches along a little swimming pool, the owners house and the restaurant/breakfast area to the main u-shaped part of the hotel, constructed around the larger swimming pool and the tropical flora.
Due to its large area it is a quiet place (...if no noisy beer drinkers or families with screaming, uneducated kids are occupying the the larger pool and “entertaining” the rest of the hotel guests).
Rooms are located on ground and first floor and have all a little terrace in front of their entrance. Standard Rooms are in normal size and have all you need for a summer holiday (single or twin bed, bath room with cold+hot water, safe , TV, A/C, telephon), higher grade rooms are mostly located on the ground floor.
All staff members are very friendly, know their business and react prompt if you have any needs or problems (i.e. maintenance).
Breakfast is very good with a served menue of 4 courses + coffee/tee and often entertained by soft live Bali musik.
If you are not too often outside on the narrow Poppies Lane, where you find in walking distance plenty of restaurants with live entertainment, almost hundreds of souvenir shops, as well as the famouse Kuta beach with its golden sunsets and you are not afraid of the dangerouse traffic where speeding motorbikes force you to jump aside and some times call you stupid tourists(!), it ist your place and it could be very nice holidays.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank Uli T
Reviewed 31 March 2014

I do a 3 week trip mostly each year and would come into Kuta for the day to do a shop from the “burbs”. However this trip decided to stay in Kuta my last 3 days and chose Masa Inn.

This hotel is one of the few that charge a single traveller a single rate, so at $35 per night downstairs back pool area I was well satisfied. Room was clean, bathroom also clean and good size.

The pool was lovely plenty of pool towels and loungers. I only had one breakfast at Masa, not bad, pretty normal.

I found the hotel compound clean throughout, and through my stay very quiet at night. There was always some security around day and night.

Poppies 1 lane has a vibe about it. Plenty of places to eat and only a 10 minute walk the ocean way to Kuta square.

Would I stay again? Yes I would at the end of my trip, not as a main base.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank letusholiday
Reviewed 23 March 2014

Well worth a stay here.. Right in the heart of things. Excellent rates and service. Staff were awesome, especially Ary. Can't complain here. Bali angung for cheap, yummy food, and Putu who is around the corner for bike hirer and money exchange. Be back here every time

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 March 2014

I have been wanting to try this hotel for a couple of years. Finally we booked our final 10 nights here of a 3 week stay in Bali.

We stayed in a triple room, very large and clean. We chose the top floor as it was a bit cheaper. Lots of steps to walk up so keep that in mind. This is the cheapest hotel we have ever stayed in and for the money I think it is well worth it. A few minor issues with room, not enough storage space, no bench space in bathroom. A shelf to put your toiletry bag on would be nice. The room was cleaned daily and early which I like. But it was a large room especially with a toddler running about. Also keep in mind that the top level only has a narrow balcony, standing room only. But ok to hang your wet swimmers or whatever out. One major issue with our room was the bed - so uncomfortable. Never slept on anything so bad in our lives.

There are 2 pools. Our room was near the front smaller pool so we mostly used that. The other pool looked lovely and was more busy. I found we were the only family staying at the hotel which made me a little uncomfortable in the pool area with my son making too much noise. I tried to swim when there was no one there. The grounds are beautiful, you wouldn't think being in Poppies 1 that once you walk through the front gates it is so lovely and tranquil.

The breakfast is very average. You can choose a few dishes from a limited menu. A bit boring after day 2! We ended up eating out or having an earlier lunch. So many cheap options along Poppies 1 we didn't mind not using out included hotel breakie.

Would we stay here again? Probably not, pretty much based on the beds. We don't go sightseeing and tend to spend a lot of time in our room watching dvds or the kids having day naps. So a comfy bed is pretty important for us. As much as I love the location, cost, pools I am not sure the beds and breakfast would be enough for me to stay here again. Unless I was able to find out if we were just unlucky with the beds.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Nessbali
Reviewed 3 March 2014

Generally the hotel is ok, older but it's generally maintained

I personally didn't enjoy the kuta region but if your wanting to stay central this is the place. So the location is great if you like the crazy filthy kuta holiday.

The room was clean and tidy, the external paving around the hotel needs a high pressure clean as it's slippery as hell.

Stayed in a family room at the rear of the hotel, room itself is slightly dingy however, it's close to the pool.

I found it to be slightly over priced for bali at 950,000.00 a night.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family