“Masa Inn - Kuta”
Review of Masa Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Kuta
Masa Inn
Ranked #55 of 251 Hotels in Kuta
Albion Park, Australia
“Masa Inn - Kuta”
Reviewed 19 August 2014

I went to Bali back around 2012 during the Christmas Period, I have to say, this resort is in the PERFECT location! Right in the middle of everything, The heated pool was good sometimes, but the weather was really warm all the time! Food was good, staff were friendly. Would visit again.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank mezedia01

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Perth, South side
Reviewed 19 August 2014

We have stayed here now three times. Twice the three of us, my wife, my daughter and I.
I have also stayed once by my self.
We stayed in a triple room on the third floor. The room is very large and has a double bed plus a single. Once you open the front door to the room you walk in to a small hall way. The bathroom is to the right and on the left is a cupboard containing a safe.
There is a fridge on the left and also a TV with satellite channels, plenty to choose from.Walking through this hall is a large room with the beds on the right side. At the far end of this room is a door that leads to a balcony. Outside is a small table and two chairs, the balcony runs the width of the room and so is quite large.

All of the staff are great and the reception staff with help you with anything. I have had them make restaurant bookings for me over the phone and once I ran out of fuel for my scooter and one of the guys went and got me a bottle of fuel to get me going.

There are two pools, a smaller one to the front and a larger one to the back. The back pool area is very nice with lots of space and pool lounges.
We like this place very much and will stay again.

Room Tip: The upstairs triple rooms are very good.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank gunn_parker
Newcastle Australia
Reviewed 31 July 2014

I stayed at the Masa Inn in July 2014 after a recommendation from a friend. The Inn is located about half way down Poppies 1 in the heart of Kuta..... Its about 300 meters from Kuta beach and located amongst some beautiful restaurants & Bars. The hotel it self was opened in 1975 & I don't think that it has had a major update since..... however having said that the facilities well maintained and serviceable. The Inn has two swimming pools, one at the front and one located in the middle at the back. My room 116 was located on the ground floor around the pool. The room itself had basic facilities, clean bathroom Toilet etc which was serviced every day, wooden wardrobe & combination safe. Double bed, made each day and linen changed every second. The Inn is a little bit run down, however for a basic hotel in a great location, you can't beat it..... It cost me $35 per night in a ground floor room including a basic breakfast. I would highly recommend staying here for a boys trip or a couple trying to do Bali on the cheep. I'll stay here again.....

Room Tip: The rooms are cheaper as you go up, so First floor is only $30 per night, Second floor $25 etc...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank Mark D
Malaysia
Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

I am rather disappointed with my second stay in masa inn.
Went back to this hotel because the experience WAS great few years back. But during my stay this time in April...made me changed my review towards it.
The rooms are dirty. Rundown.
One night there is a cockroach crawling in my room. Next morning, found out that there was roach in my parents room as well! And I saw a dead roach outside one of the room too. Gross!!
And worse is my pillow!!! It stinks!!! Like the leftover stale rice!!! I had to cover it with my tshirt n spray perfume on it to cover the smell!!!
I am embarassed to have brought my parents there for a holiday!

Its also too dark at night when u return to your room,parts of the path hv no lightings.
And its made of bricks with mold.. so on rainy days, it is slippery. Be careful if u bring elderly or kids.

The restaurant...used to serve us omelette with choice of mushroom.garlic.onion.tomato...all based on guest's preference. N u order what u want to eat. But nowww...their menu is rigid. U only can have 1 main, 1 dessert..1..1..1.. except for ur freeflow drink. I mean..come on, why cant I eat 2 omelette? and i may not want a pancake. zzzz..

Good side of it, the location. N the pool.
But not enough to compensate on the disappointments above. Next time im in kuta, I'd probably choose another hotel nearby it. Sigh.

• Stayed April 2014
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 28 July 2014

Masa Inn was chosen because of the good reviews, and we were not disappointed. We found all the staff were friendly and helpful. The room was clean and comfortable. Despite being off Poppies 1 we were surprised how quiet it was, especially at night. Masa Inn is perfectly situated with everything you need within a short walking distance. We will certainly be return customers from now on.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Geelong, Australia
Reviewed 22 July 2014

We stayed 2 weeks at the Masa Inn and the experience was amazing. We stayed with a fairly big group, 15 of us and not 1 bad review. Located in the heart of Kuta on Poppies Lane 1 stalls and restaurants up and down great Bali experience for the first timers. We were located at the back of the hotel, bottom level. The noise level wasn't too bad you should expect it to be a little noisy due to the location but at night only heard some noise every once in a while from Poppies 2 (expected). The pool is beautiful, big and cleaned every single morning. The Garden is gorgeous and plenty of deck chairs, Not one bit of rubbish anywhere throughout the whole hotel very clean. The staff are just magnificent they go over and above to make your time comfortable and unforgettable. They have free wifi, the rooms are cleaned every single day floor and bathroom moped and beds made nice and fresh.
One morning we left early for a day trip and I forgot to put my laptop and my gold chain in the safe and I left them on the bed, I was a little nervous because I knew they would be in to clean the room, when I got back they had put it back in the exact same spot I had left it. The rooms aren't modern but are clean and the bed is massive some thought it was a little bit hard, but I thought it was fine. Masa Inn Thank you for the wondering for experience! Will definitely be back.

Room Tip: Room's at the back of the hotel are great!
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Bri_Gregory1
Reviewed 20 July 2014

I had a ground floor room when I stayed. The room was basic, but clean. The garden and pool outside my door was brilliant. Breakfasts were good, the staff were so friendly and helpful. I tried to get back here when I returned to Bali a few months later, but couldn't as it was fully booked..... enough said.

Very good value for money.

Room Tip: Book early to avoid disappointment.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled solo