“Not as good as previous years”

Bali Garden Beach Resort
Ranked #36 of 253 Hotels in Kuta
Reviewed 9 April 2014

Location on beach as good as always. Great buffet breakfast. But don't go if you're not a smoker. Almost every one who stays at the hotel smokes and give the distinct impression that they are getting their own back on non-smokers as you can't go anywhere without smoke being blown in your face and there is no segregation. It is impossible to visit the pools, restaurants and lobby without someone sitting next to you and lighting up. Compared with previous years the restaurant service was very slow, Reception was as always outstanding. The spa was broken and this was my main reason for going there. Great for smokers but if you don't like inhaling other people's smoke all day, don't bother.

Room Tip: It depends what you are looking for
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
BaliGarden, Marketing Communication Manager at Bali Garden Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2014

Dear dikdanx,
Warmest Greeting from Bali Garden Beach Resort...

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about all your experience at our resort.
I am truly sorry that our service did not meet your expectations. Please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

We appreciate your comment in relation to smoking. Please be assured that Bali Garden endeavors to create an areas designated for the comfort for both smokers and non smokers, for example you will noted that our breakfast restaurant have smoking area outside in the open environment and inside is a completely smoke free area.

The same apply to Il Tempio restaurant where there are separate section allocated for smokers and non smokers. Although it can be difficult to control the pool side, we also monitored this area and make ashtray available on certain area/section only.

Your your information, Bali Garden has a completely smoke free policy on property applicable to all employees.

Nevertheless, I am pleased that you have sufficient faith in us to bring this problem to our attention, thus giving us the opportunity to put this right.

Once again thank you for your time and it our hope that you will give us the opportunity to serve you better.
If I could be any assistance in your future reservation, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Reviewed 5 April 2014 via mobile

We stayed as a couple with out four year old son for two weeks at the start of March.
Upon arrival we were checked in within five minutes. Our bags were brought to our room which was ample. We had one king size bed with another camp bed to accommodate three. The room has space but not overly huge. Balcony was lovely with room for table and three to four chairs. We were over looking the pond and garden. Our room number was 337 and we never experienced any smell. The balcony was perfect for when our son fell asleep to enjoy a nightcap. I understand people's reservations about towels in bathroom some are worn and discoloured although always clean. I have to wonder has the discolouration something to do with the water in Bali. A small point for me.
What made our holiday so special were the staff at Bali Gardens to name a few Komut, Komang and Badi from the Boardwalk. They remembered both out names and our sons each morning when we presented ourselves at the pool. Getting us well placed tables, drinks and food all day was never a problem. They made us feel relaxed at home and gave us the amazing hospitality Bali is famous for. On that note there were a few staff members that could learn from these three. Some never crack a smile and would not help with special requests from the kitchen. Once we tried to bring a 3/4 full bottle of wine to our room in an ice bucket and were treated like thieves. We had done this nearly every night previous for one week. We worked out a compromise in the end and took a plastic ice bucket and gave our room number. It didn't dampen our spirits and at the end of the day we didn't tip them as well.
The hotel is well situated close to all amenities shopping restaurants etc.
The hotel could do with better wifi BUT we actually all spoke to each other and stayed off phones tablets etc for two weeks which makes for a great holiday.
We are a young family so we didn't use the lift. If it was a necessity I can understand the want for an upgrade.
Overall I would recommend this hotel the gardens are beautiful,food and wine of a high standard and the staff really are the ones responsible for making our stay unforgettable.

• Stayed: March 2014
2  Thank Olivereidymon
BaliGarden, Marketing Communication Manager at Bali Garden Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2014

Dear Olivereidymon,
Warmest Greeting from Bali Garden Beach Resort...

Thank you for taking the time to write this review regarding on your stay at our resort.

I am glad that you enjoyed our food and pools. However, I apologies if you still found an issue with our few staff member. We will take your comment as a part of our staff training and development so that bad service will not happen to our future guest.
We have also certainly addressed your comment about wi-fi with the management team as we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer.

Once again thank you for sharing your feedback and I hope you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the future. If I can be any assistance in your future reservations, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Reviewed 3 April 2014

Just got back from a 9 night stay with our family of 5 from 4 to 11 yrs, we had a ground floor family room. Had a huge king size bed, bunks with a trundle so enough room. Staff are all lovely and friendly. Massages were nice in the garden. Breakfast was fresh and best omelettes. Maybe a bit more variety on the fruit would have been good. Pool area was great and always plenty of room for a swim, large pool 3m so nice and deep and then shallow up for a drink and then a little kids pool. Lounges in front of beach were great, beautiful gardens. Good location. M M Day Spa up the road past Kartika Plaza Hotel were great for massage, and for $3 wow. Would stay again. All the Aussies were lovely and friendly as well, wasnt holiday time so not too packed.

Stayed: March 2014
2  Thank BNKPerth
BaliGarden, Marketing Communication Manager at Bali Garden Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2014

Dear BNKPerth,
Warmest Greeting from Bali Garden Beach Resort...

I appreciate your great review. We are delighted to serve you as a guest.
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with such valuable feedback, and hope you will give us the opportunity to serve you better. I look forward to welcoming you back.
If i could be any assistance in your future reservation, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Reviewed 1 April 2014

We stayed at Bali Gardens for 9 nights. We had the best experience. The hotel staff were all lovely and we more than willing to help you. The resort has top class facilities and in a very central location. We are planning on going back to Bali Garden at the end of the year.

Room Tip: We stayed in a Villa. The Deluxe rooms face the garden and have a lovely outlook.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Kezzma

Dear Kezzma,
Warmest Greeting from Bali Garden Beach Resort...

It is always encouraging when our guest have a wonderful and fantastic stay at our resort.
I will pass on your comments to the Bali Garden Team and again we really appreciate your positive response.
I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 31 March 2014

The resort facilities were amazing and in a great location. The room was nice but the bedding and bathroom could have been cleaner with new towels given throughout the stay. I'd stay here again though. The food at the Boardwalk was out of this world, we ate there all the time and it was quite reasonable in price. The kids loved the porky pig pizza and ate it for lunch and dinner every day.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Sars015

Dear Sars015,
Warmest Greeting from Bali Garden Beach Resort...

Thank you for taking the time to write this review regarding on your recent stay at our resort.

I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. I will share your comments with all Bali Garden Team as I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our service.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future. If I could be any assistance in your future reservations, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Reviewed 30 March 2014

Stayed here for 3 weeks and enjoyed the stay.
We have been in bali twice in the last 6 month in different hotels.
The rooms are a good size and was very clean. You have a reasonable size Tv,
A safe for your valuables.
The shower is in the bath tub not like the previous resort we stayed in.

The room services was not the best.
I ordered a burger and chips and my wife ordered a parmasian chicken. The burger was in a cardboard box that I can live with but my wife main meal was also in a cardboard box with the normal cheesy stuff on top. It was awful. Wife could not eat it. I did comment this and there response was that that's what they do with room service that everything comes in cardboard boxes.
The previous motel we did get a tray with proper plates, knives and forks and everything we need including salt pepper etc to eat dinner in our room. And they picked up the dishes later.
In the 3 weeks we would have ordered a lot more if they serve the food in a better way.

The garden is fantastic, so many places to take it easy. A few different places to get your drinks and they have a restaurant near the beach plus they also have 2 other restaurants on the street.

Everyone was friendly. They all we're cheerful and very friendly.
Most employees were young but the previous motel we stayed in, they were a lot older and they really gave you a personal touch. They greet you each morning at breakfast and we felt like a million bucks.

The biggest downfall was the breakfast. The food was very limited and they only change a couple items each day. I did hear the same response from other people who said the same thing. They really need to do something here. The area for breakfast was great. Good view and you can sit inside or outside.

The Mosquitos wasn't a issues, they sprayed Monday,Wednesday and Friday around 4:30pm.

I emailed the resort before we left to organize a pickup from the airport and it cost around $6 Australian (60000). It only took $15 minutes from airport to resort.

A bonus with this resort is they have washing machines and dryers and cost $2.50 Australian.

If they fix the room service and breakfast this would be a amazing place to stay

Over all I did enjoy the stay. And look forward in coming back to bali.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank iiSkipper

Dear iiSkipper,
Warmest Greeting from Bali Garden Beach Resort...

Thank you for taking time to write this review regarding your stay at Bali Garden Beach Resort.

I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. However, I apologies if you still found some issues regarding our room service and breakfast. I have certainly addressed those issues with the management team as we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer.

Once again thank you for sharing your experience and we hope you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the future. If I could be any assistance in your future reservations, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Reviewed 28 March 2014

Room was sufficient although I wouldn't call it deluxe, only superior. This may be due to requesting a new room on arrival so that we could sleep. Service and price of hotel services were great. Awesome location.

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank Skonya

Dear Skonya,
Warmest Greeting from Bali Garden Beach Resort...

I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.