“Nice but”

Bali Garden Beach Resort
Ranked #39 of 251 Hotels in Kuta
“Nice but”
Reviewed 7 May 2014

Very clean in all areas including the room, probably the cleanest bali hotel ever!
Did not like people smoking in all areas including the pool area and the restaurants. Aussies were the worst, they seem to disregard all rules we have in oz. I'm sure if all public areas were non smoking you would increase occupancy. Create small obscure areas for smokers. Works in Australia!
Quiet hotel most of the time, though, the heavy beat of music played at the boardwalk and next door does penetrate the room until about midnight.
The staff were fantastic and very helpful

Room Tip: Try to avoid rooms next to Ocean Centre shopping centre if you don't like the heavy beat of musi...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Wayne S
BaliGarden, Marketing Communication Manager at Bali Garden Beach Resort, responded to this review, 25 May 2014
Dear Wayne S,
Warmest Greeting from Bali Garden Beach Resort...

I really appreciate your review and we are delighted to serve you as our guest.

We have certainly addressed the issues you experienced regarding of the smokers to the responsible department to ensure that this does not happen to future guest.
We appreciate your comment in relation to smoking. Please be assured that Bali garden endeavours to create areas designated for the comfort of both smokers and non smokers. For example, you will have noted that our breakfast restaurant have smoking area outside in the open environment and inside is a completely smoke free restaurant.
The same apply to our restaurants, where there are separate sections allocated for smokers and non smokers. Although it can be difficult to control the pool side, we also monitored this area and make ashtray available in certain section only.
Bali Garden has a completely smoke free policy on property applicable to all employees.

Regarding on the music at Boardwalk Restaurant, we will take your comment as appropriate measure to address the problem and prevent future occurrence for all the guest comfort.

We appreciate your sharing and concern very much. Hope you will give us the opportunity to serve you better. I look forward to welcoming you back and if I could be any assistance in your future reservations, please do not hesitate to contact me.

smm@baligardenbeachresort.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (507)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hungarian first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Reviewed 2 May 2014

We stayed at this not so overerated property last week for 4 days from 26th to 30th April,after staying few days in very peaceful Nusa Dua area and were in awe from the moment we entered the hotel. Its well placed pools, garden area and offcourse the ocean view is fantastic, above all the sea facing restaurant Bridgewalk and its ever welcoming staff is totally amazing. The only minus point in our view was variety in breakfast and no wifi in rooms.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Luckyshp
Dear Luckyshp,
Warmest Greeting from Bali Garden Beach Resort...

Thank you for taking the time to write this review regarding on your stay at our resort.

I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. However, I apologies if you still found some issues regarding on your breakfast variety and the wi-fi.
In our breakfast, we provide a selection of fruits, cereals, pastures, juice, and egg station with a chef cooking eggs any style and pancakes to order everyday.

Once again thank you for sharing your experience. We have certainly addressed those issues with the management team as we tribe to provide a superior service experience for every customer.
If I could be any assistance in you future reservations, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 1 May 2014

I have recently returned from my 8th Trip to Bali. Silly me decided to try "something different" so stayed elsewhere and boy was that a mistake. I ended up spending an afternoon back at Bali Gardens. I have stayed here 4 times now. Last time in April last year. I have just booked another trip to Bali at Xmas and will definitely book in here again.

The food at the Boardwalk is first class. The waiters are delightful and funny. They love to have a chat and when I went for dinner there last week one of the waiters remembered me from previous visits. The cocktails are fantastic and cheap compared to where I just stayed. There is more extending going on out the front to accompany the new restaurant/bar on the street.

See you soon Bali Garden for my 5th stay.

Room Tip: Try not to stay on the street side as sometimes you can hear the partying from Buba Gumps
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Sue K
Dear Sue K,
Warmest Greeting from Bali Garden Beach Resort...

Thank you so much for your great review.
We are glad to hear that you enjoyed all aspects of your recent stay at Bali Garden. We appreciate all points you have made in your comments, since it will serve as an encouragement to all our staff to continuously improve the quality of our hotel, customer service and guest well being.

It is our hope that we will be welcoming your return to Bali Garden Beach Resort in the near future.

Reviewed 1 May 2014 via mobile

We stayed at the bali garden for two nights on our honeymoon loved the facilities but the people where not nice at all and made u feel like u where just a number didnt receive anything special gor our honeymoon and definitely didnt feel welcomed was very disappointed

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Ashley V
BaliGarden, Marketing Communication Manager at Bali Garden Beach Resort, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
Dear Ashley V,
Warmest Greeting from Bali Garden Beach Resort...

Here at Bali Garden Beach Resort we pride ourselves in both our product and services. We have enjoyed a fine reputation for amny years, and we are extremely disappointed on the rare occasions when we receive a justifiable customer complaint.

Your experience is certainly not keeping with our normal standards. We apologise that there was no acknowledgement of your very special occasion and understand your disappointment.We would like to contact you independently to resolve the situation. I would be pleased if you could contact me directly on smm@baligardenbeachresort.com in order to discuss your issues and find a satisfactory solution.

Once again, thank you for taking your time and it is our hope that you will give us the opportunity to serve you better. If I could be any assistance in your future reservation, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Perth, Australia
Reviewed 30 April 2014

Initially my contact with the Bali Garden was good, I was due to stay here for my 40th birthday with a group of people. They said they would be able to provide our group with whatever we needed.
The room was neat but nothing special, ther was no mention of the birthday and our room over looked an empty block and path. Our first shock was the bond for the pool towels which we paid, although we paid 50,000Rp each towels members of our group paid 100,000Rp per towel. Upon their check out they only received 50,000Rp back and when complained about not receiving the the full amount they were told that its only 50,000Rp per towel. These people have been to Bali more than once, several times in fact so they know the difference between the money. This was done to 4 people of our group, one doesn't expect to get ripped off at the Hotel.
Next my wife wanted to change money, first day it was ok the next day not so much...the advertsied rate was not what was being paid and when queried this she was then told the rate had changed to a lower rate. When she said really??? they then went into their bags to pay out the remaining amounts. Again you expect that if you chnage money on the streets that you could get ripped off but not in the hotel.
When we tried to use the TV we found that it wasn't working and had to wait to the next morning to get someone to look at it, we had the room cleaned and no new towels were provided until later that evening.
We were also pleased to see that the elevator was being renewed but prior wearning would have been nice opposed to the night before. We had to carry two cases of 30kg down stairs, another 20kg case as well as hand luggage. This is not easy when you also have a 5 year old trying to help because there is no assistance available.
We also planned to have our washing done but were informed by our group that they witnessed staff trying on and laughing at peoples clothing in plain sight. Once were heard this we quickly changed our minds.
A couple in our group struggled to get WiFi even though they paid for it asked for assistance from you frony desk to check if their flight was running on time and were told it's too hard for us to check AirAsia and to try themselves. It took them to go to Starbucks next door and use their WiFi to check. Now I'm pretty sure that I was told that they would ensure that everything woyuld be taken care of for us, it doesn't feel like it.
Gardens are beautiful thers no denying that, Day spa is lovely, breakfast was boring and by the last day we opted out of it.
I have stayed at cheaper hotels that provided better service, the upside they did assist my wife to get a birthday cake for me and left two Bintang for me Birthday. I didn't appreciate that housekeeping would pack up my birthday cards and leave their card out...you didn't need to advertise to us.
Given this, we wont be staying here again and glad that our stay here ended toleave to a much better Hotel.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank Terence1974
Dear Terence1974,
Warmest Greeting from Bali Garden Beach Resort...

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about all your experience at our resort. I am truly sorry that our service did not meet your expectations. Please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

We have certainly addressed the issues you experience with your room and services. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent future occurrence.

We appreciate your sharing and concern. This is certainly not the impression we would wish you to leave with and I would appreciate if you could give us opportunity to put that right. I would be pleased if you could contact me direct on smm@baligardenbeachresort.com in order to discuss your issues and find a satisfactory resolution.

Nevertheless, I am pleased that you have sufficient faith in us to bring this problem to our attention, thus giving us the opportunity to put this right.

Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 28 April 2014

The location is a standout, on the beach, nestled amongst fabuous gardens. The beautiful staff, excellent service and facilities made for a fantastic holiday in hectic Kuta. The grand cool lobby and associated range of eateries, bars, pools and wonderful spa all contributed to a restful holiday.
The Boardwalk is a great place to relax, eat, have a swim, a cool beer and watch the surf.
Out front newly revamped bars, restaurants and cake shop were about to open, these along with the stylish Italian restaurant on the front will meet all your eating needs and desires.
The resort location is close to large shopping malls and across the road from Waterbom Park, A short walk will take you in to the main Kuta strip with its bars, shops restaurants.

The resort is only a short taxi ride from the airport.

Thoroughly recommended

Room Tip: Request a room on the 3rd floor overlooking the gardens and the view of the surf
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank pjw4250
BaliGarden, Marketing Communication Manager at Bali Garden Beach Resort, responded to this review, 30 April 2014
Dear pjw4250,
Warmest Greeting from Bali Garden Beach Resort...

It's always encouraging when our guests have a wonderful and fantastic stay at our resort.
I will pass on your comments to the Bali Garden Team again we really appreciate your positive response and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Western Australia, Australia
Reviewed 28 April 2014

This was our first time staying in Kuta, stayed previously in Tanjung Benoa. The staff at the hotel were very helpful and attentive. This is the first hotel in Bali to ever have met us on time, great start to our holiday, check in was smooth and our room was ready on arrival. The rooms are very dated, but are clean, a little bit musty but that's to be expected, I fixed that with a can of Glen 20.
The boardwalk restaurant is amazing and the food magnificent, their wood fired pizzas and Niçoise salad are a must must try.
The beachfront location is stunning at sunset, the resort is relaxing and amenities suited our needs nicely.

Room Tip: Ask for a newly renovated room.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank GDSPerth
BaliGarden, Marketing Communication Manager at Bali Garden Beach Resort, responded to this review, 29 April 2014
Dear GDSPerth,
Warmest Greeting from Bali Garden Beach Resort...

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at Bali Garden.
I apologies if you still found some issue regarding on our room. We will certainly addressed that to the responsible department to ensure that this does not happen again to future guest.

We appreciate your sharing and I look forward to welcoming you back. If I could be any assistance in your future reservation, please do not hesitate to contact me.