“Great location, nice hotel”

Bali Garden Beach Resort
Ranked #34 of 251 Hotels in Kuta
Reviewed 6 July 2014

great location straight across from waterbom , next to discovery and short walk to art markets & matahari. Food was fantastic at the pool bar, restaurant & room service quick. Staff were lovely and helpful. Breakfast was good lots to choose from eggs,pancakes,cereal,indonesian etc def enough to keep you going till the arfternoon. I had a standard room facing road which I could not hear at night. Bathrooms clean however shower pressure low and temperature kept going hot and cold. Air conditioner was quite noisy and we weren't able to alter the temp. 3 pools to choose from, could never get a pool lounge as other guests would leave their belongings on them before breakfast and not turn up till hours later, one morning my sister and I went to sunbake and they were all had towels saving them but only 2 people were actually there at the pool, so maybe the management may have to look into solving this. The gardens are beautiful and hanging out at the boardwalk watching the sunset is amazing. Enjoyed my stay at Bali Garden

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Christy R
BaliGarden, Marketing Communication Manager at Bali Garden Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

Dear Christy R,

Thank you for your great review. We are delighted to serve you as our guest and you are right, we have the best accommodation location close to everywhere.

We have also certainly addressed the issue you experienced regarding on your water pressure and air-con to the responsible department to ensure that this does not happen to future guest.

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with such valuable feedback, and hope you will give us the opportunity to serve you better. I look forward to welcoming you back and if I could be any assistance in the future reservations, please do not hesitate to contact me.

smm@baligardenbeachresort.com

Write a ReviewReviews (1,690)

Reviewed 2 July 2014

Just spent 2 weeks here for the second year in a row. What can I say we still love coming here. We had booked the same room we had last year a ground floor garden room near the pools (Room 166) and we were not disappointed we did get the same room and were very happy. I can highly recommend trying to get one of these rooms if possible . You are near the pools but it is very quiet. The staff here are always lovely and the nice thing is they remember you. We really had only two complaints with it this time one was every day it was impossible to get a new pool towel they had always run out. Think might be time to invest in some extras!!!., The other was the Boardwalk Restaurant is now doing there Room Service in cardboard boxes fine if your having Pizza but for all the other meals is not a great idea very hard to eat from these boxes with plastic knives and forks and meals not the same.. .But as I said these few things did not hamper our stay we still loved it and will definitely be back. Still our favourite place to stay in Bali.

3  Thank nursey61

Dear nursey61,
Warmest Greeting from Bali Garden Beach Resort...

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about all your experience at Bali Garden.
We are delighted to serve you as our guest.

I apologies if you still found some issue with our room service. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measure as we are trying to make changes and trying to provide more suitable packaging.

We appreciate you sharing and concern and hope you will give us opportunity to serve you again in the future

Reviewed 30 June 2014

We were disappointed in our most recent stay here. We loved it when we stayed previously and couldn't wait to come back. After coming from a week in a lovely resort in Legion nothing seemed to compare. From our rooms not being ready on arrival, no welcome drinks, having to phone to remind them to bring our luggage down it was all just a little underwhelming. Our rooms were very dark and we had to have the lights on even during the day. The biggest disappointment however was breakfast, very boring. Could not even get a green tea or an apple juice. Having said that though the Boardwalk restaurant for lunch and dinner was fabulous. Beautiful food and best strawberry daiquiri of the holiday.

1  Thank JennoJackson
BaliGarden, Marketing Communication Manager at Bali Garden Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2014

Dear JennoJackson,
Warmest Greeting from Bali Garden Beach Resort...

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about all experience at our resort. I am truly sorry that our service did not meet your expectations. Please allow me to express mu sincerest apologies.

We have certainly addressed the issues you experience with our front office staff. Your experience is certainly not in keeping with our normal standards.
We have also addressed your issue with our breakfast. In our daily breakfast, we provide a selection of fruits, cereals, pastries, juice, and egg station with a chef cooking eggs any style and pancakes to order.

Our management has acknowledge your comments and will take a good measure to continue to improve our product and service. I appreciate your sharing and concern. Hope you will give us another opportunity to better serve you in the future.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

We recently stayed here for the first time at the beginning of June.

First impressions were good. The hotel foyer is rather grand with traditional balinese style which I loved. While the hotel itself is beautiful and staff are friendly, the guests that it attracts lets the resort down.

Our rooms were clean and we did not think the rooms for dated and in need of a reno mentioned in previous reviews. Yes, some of the appliances were dated such as the fridge how ever it still worked fine.
Our room was facing the street which was not an issue for us. We did not experience any traffic noise. Noise from the corridors was a different story... we were woken several times during the night during our stay by drunk aussie bogans. I stuck my head out of the room to see what was going on to witness a man in his late 20s rolling all over the floor absolutely blind. It took a while for security to come and deal with the situation. The hotel needs to have a zero tolerance policy for drunk and disruptive guests as we were woken 2 nights later by the same man and his drunk mates.

The pool is nice but there were often no day beds so 4 of us had to share 1 and sit on the edge of the pool for a couple of hours till more became available. People often left their belongings on the day beds and would return a few hours later with shopping bags.
The main pool is full of screaming kids and parents who are too busy getting drunk by the swim up bar to worry about supervising their kids. We even got to witness a fight between to separate groups of children screaming and abusing each other and the parents did nothing. We also witness a group of girls drinking poolside, one girl was drinking a glass of wine which she soon knocked over. The way she treated the balinese waiter was disgusting. She rudely told him "you missed some" then turned her back to the young guy, when he came to clean up the mess. She didn't even attempt to clean it up herself or help in anyway.
A good addition is the adults only pool but there were never any day beds available there either.

Breakfast was ok, nothing amazing. I don't feel as though it is worth complaining about though, we got fed every morning which is more than a lot of people can say. It did how ever become a bit repetitive. The only real changes were beef sausages would change to chicken sausages some mornings or pineapple fried rice would change to plain fried rice. Maybe a bit of variety would make breakfast more exciting and appealing. I did like that they had Vegemite and nutella available.

The few issues we did have were not the resorts fault so I would consider staying here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a different level and furthest away from foyer
1  Thank Ah21c

Dear Ah21c,
Warmest Greeting from Bali Garden Beach Resort...

Thank you for taking the time to write this review regarding your stat at Bali Garden Beach Resort.

I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. However, I apologies if you still found some issues regarding on the usage of our pool lounges. We have certainly addressed those issues with the management team to provide a satisfactory solution.

Once again thank you for sharing your experience and we hope you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the future. If I could be of any assistance in your future reservations, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Reviewed 29 June 2014

We would recommended this beautiful resort to everyone if they had good wi-fi connection.
Free wi-fi only works outside pool area and takes 30 min to do anything on internet sometimes it's so slow you have to go find other place to check your internet. But it is the beautiful hotel, we love the way they did Garden and Adult Pool. I really hope they will improve on Wi-Fi so many guest will enjoy more.

Location is Great, middle of many restaurant, shopping, and this resort is right on Kuta beach. Good Surf Beach!

Breakfast: Normal buffet breakfast with Toast, Fruit, Fried noodle, Fried rice, Egg station, Bacon, Coffee, Tea, Juice, Milk. Coffee was not good.

Pool Bar: Nice. Drinks are $5-$8, Beers are $3. Food is not bad. Nice pools!!!

Wedding: Many people are having wedding here and it looked nice! I talked to one of the wedding family and they said their wedding service was pretty good.

Room Tip: Book online ahead of time.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
BaliGarden, Marketing Communication Manager at Bali Garden Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

Dear Sayaka M,
Warmest greeting from Bali Garden Beach Resort

Thank you for taking the time to write this review regarding your stay at the Bali Garden Beach Resort.

I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. However, I apologies if you still found some issues regarding our wi-fi. We have certainly addressed those issues with the management team as we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer.

Reviewed 25 June 2014

My husband and I just returned home, from a beautiful 16 day holiday, at our favorite resort in Bali.
Right from the moment I made my booking online to the moment we were doped off at the airport at the end of our holiday, Bali Garden Beach Resort offered 100% satisfaction.
We stayed in a superior room and we choose to look over the street, as we love to watch the world go by.
Our room was very clean, large and the aircon worked.
The breakfast staff are amazing and always happy, even at 6;30am in the morning, the pancakes are to die for and the scrambled eggs are fresh, hot and yummy.
The gardens and grounds are beautiful and the adults swimming pool is a wonderful location to spend your days in the sun, drinking Bintang.
The Boardwalk restaurant has the best food around and the prices are amazing and the staff are so helpful, nothing is too hard for them. Our favorite staff are Ari, Kris and Widi. These 3 made every meal we had there, wonderful and are always so helpful, a real asset to Bali Garden Beach Resort. There is entertainment most nights.
There are a lot of wonderful restaurants and shopping in the area and if you have kids, its right across the road from Waterbom, and is across the road from about 6 ATM's
I am looking forward to our next holiday here next year.
I used Made Dodi - Private Driver and Tour Guide Bali for my transfer from the airport to the resort.

Room Tip: superior rooms facing the street are fun to watch the world go by, but if you want peace and quiet...
2  Thank Angela G

Dear Angela G,
Warmest greeting from Bali Garden Beach Resort...

Thank you so much for your review.
We are glad to hear that you enjoyed all aspects of your recent stay at Bali Garden Beach Resort. We appreciate all points you made in your comments, since it will serve as an encouragement to all our staff to continuously improve the quality of our hotel, customer service and guest well-being.

It is our hope that we will be welcoming your return to Bali Garden Beach Resort in the future.

Reviewed 25 June 2014

This was my 80 year old Mum's first trip to Bali and we stayed at Bali Garden Beach Resort from the 14th June till 21st June. I have stayed here numerous times but the help from all the staff from Jean at Reservations to Kris and Widi at the Boardwalk and Lola, Juni and Komang at the Beach Bar made my Mum's trip. Jean organising a room with a walk in shower on a floor where mum didn't need to go up and down stairs all the time took so many worries off my shoulders and allowed her to be independent. My Mum throughly enjoyed her stay with you and for someone who was nervous about this trip she now is saying she wants to go back to Bali Garden. I would highly recommend this hotel for anyone going to Bali, regardless of age.

Room Tip: Try for the new wing, we stayed in room 264
1  Thank lovetotravel2009_10

Dear lovetotravel2009_10,
Warmest greeting from Bali Garden Beach Resort…

I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. I will share your comments with Jean, Bali Garden team, and Boardwalk team as I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our service.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future. If I could be any assistance in your future reservations, please do not hesitate to contact me.