“loved it”

Ranked #236 of 345 Kuta B&B and Inns
Perth
“loved it”
Reviewed 8 December 2011

third stay in Bali Paradiso was the best but also the most expensive a very pricey hotel. I preferred the sun island which was cheaper but because of this could do a lot more shopping and adventure items. still if you aren't planning on leaving the hotel Paradiso is the place to be

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank Victoria-Kiwi

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
  • Indonesian first
amsterdam
Reviewed 30 November 2011

In the last 1 year I have revisited Paradiso Beach Inn several times. I only stayed a few nights as I was in Transit to Maumere, Flores. The improvement I noticed since my 2010 visit is the improved Wifi reception in my room. It is possible that this was caused because I asked for rooms near the reception area. The rooms 101 to 106 have great reception but no fridge. I noticed that the hotel does not sell cold drinks. I do understand because most guests buy their drinks in the convenience store across the street which is open 24/7 and the hotel cannot compete with its prices.

As stated in earlier reviews It is just a few meters distance to the pubs and shops along jalan legian. There are at least 3 ATM machines around the corner. A convenient store across the street .The noise of the pubs, discotheque does not reach your rooms as the rooms are situated far at the back of the place. The rooms are clean. The waterpressure is high which is heaven in Bali. The staff is very friendly. You can walk to the beach but it is better to take a cab. Cabs are cheap. It is even better to rent a bike for your stay in Kuta. I can recommend Paradiso Beach Inn to anyone. I will visit again in May 2012.

Room Tip: The rooms 101 to 106 have great Wifi reception but no fridge.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank hokor
Varese, Italy
Reviewed 22 November 2011

While our staying in Kuta we found, by a chance, this little nice hotel in Kuta. We loved it very much. The staff was very friendly. The rooms were big, with Air-Con and very nice bathroom. The hotel has a very beautiful swimming pool and we enjoied laying in water under a gorgeous tropical full moon. Later we came back to Kuta and we took it again. So, we can suggest this hotel.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Franz_Zena
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 5 August 2011

Hotel is surprisingly quiet considering the close proximity to the night clubs in Kuta. Staff were friendly and helpful, hotel was very clean and rooms were a great size and very cheap considering what you got. Only downfall was the unsavoury people who roam the streets in the area at night. It's a shame because this little hotel would be a fantastic place to stay if it weren't for that. It's a quiet little hideaway right in the middle of Kuta, walking distance to everything in the area.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
3 Thank TiyahMiah
Darwin, Australia
Reviewed 23 July 2010

Not booking at any hotels in Bali, the driver who picked us up at the airport asked where to go and we say, "anywhere in Kuta". He pulled up outside a dark lane way and said,"Here we are, Paradiso Beach Inn he replied. On first encounters it looked like a back street brothel, it was very late almost midnight. I was tired and I didn't care at the time, thinking if it was a hellhole, I'll fined something better in the morning. Was I surprised when I woke up to see this dark hellhole was in fact extremely clean with a small amount tropical garden and a well maintained pool. The rooms are clean with old furniture, but the bed was large and comfortable, I guess you pay cheap you get cheap.
Just 50 metres from our room was the main road of Legian, we walked down the road turned right about 200m down was the beach.
To sum up our stay at Hotel Paradiso Beach Inn, you've heard the saying " Ugly ducking, beautiful swan". Well, we thought our driver dropped us at an ugly ducking but it is truly a beautiful swan.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
3 Thank ducktoswan
amsterdam
Reviewed 21 July 2010

For the last five years, every year I stay in the Paradiso Beach Inn for at least a week. It really gives you value for your money. As stated in earlier reviews It is just a few meters distance to the pubs and shops along jalan legian. There are at least 3 ATM machines around the corner. A convenient store across the street which is open 24/7. Ms. Ayue from the front desk can arrange a permit for you to drive a bike for only a small fee (10 euro). Bike rental is in front of the hotel on the street. DVD player can be rented from the shop next door. The touring operator Perama is only 20 m down the street. There is no WIfi. But walk 20 m down the road in the direction of Bombsquare and sit in the open-air restaurat of Maxi-hotel. Order food or a drink and you can sit there till at least 2 oçlock in the night.. The noise of the pubs, discotheque does not reach your rooms as the rooms are situated far at the back of the place. The rooms are clean. The waterpressure is high which is heaven in Bali. The staff is very friendly. One of kitchen staff husband is a cab driver. For 40 euro he can drive you around Bali in a airco car. His english is perfect. My sisters, brother and friends have also stayed at this hotel. You can walk to the beach but it is better to take a cab. Cabs are cheap. It is even better to rent a bike for your stay in Kuta. I can recommend Paradiso Beach Inn to anyone. I will visit again in November 2010.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled solo
2 Thank hokor
malacca
Reviewed 5 June 2010

We stayed for 3 nights. it is a small hotel with a pool. Not many people, room is a bit dull but ok. The bathroom is a bit old but clean. It is recommended if you don't expect much. The area is quite as it was situated quite inside even though it is just along Legian road. It is just walking distance to the pubs and shops along legian road. We spend only night time at the room and but of our time outside. So we don't really bother if the rooms are ok or not, just need a place to rest after a long day trip at Bali. In summary, this is an average hotel.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple