“Cheap, clean and great location”
Review of Paradiso Beach Inn

Paradiso Beach Inn
Ranked #191 of 283 Kuta B&B and Inns
Reviewed 7 January 2013

We were in need of a fairly cheap hotel in the Kuta area during peak New Years time and the Paradiso Beach Inn was ideal. At $48AUD a night which included air conditioning and a lovely pool, this was a great bargain. Located on Jalan Legian, just a short walk to Kuta Square and both Poppies Lanes, the Paradiso Beach Inn is highly recommended. The staff were lovely, always friendly and were happy to assist with umbrellas and taxis. The pool was open all hours (as long as you were not too noisy) and wifi worked in our room (close to reception). Yes this hotel could do with a renovation but overall it was clean and suited all our needs. The only downside was the lack of bar fridge in the standard room (comes with higher class rooms). There was however a mini mart just across the road from the hotel so not a huge problem. Overall, I would stay here again if I was looking for a budget room in the Kuta area.

Room Tip: Avoid a standard room, Deluxe and above have a mini bar for not much more price
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Paradiso Beach Inn

Reviewed 2 March 2012

This is my second stay at Paradiso after 3 years. Booked on internet and was given a standard room, Room 111. Room was really run down, crack tiles floor, loud noisy aircon, cigarette burnt marks on toilet seat. Requested for change of room but it seem staff were not too happy about it.

On the 2 nights of my 3 nights stay, there was at least 6 to 7 current trips which were really frustrating as I have to switch on the aircon again and again which really interrupted my sleep. Another disappointed thing was the noise that was allowed to carry on by the friends of a guest staying next to my room. They shouted, clapped and scream throughout the night until I have to get the security to talk to them and that again was after my third call to reception (no answer of phone on first 2 calls).

The most disappointing is the wifi signal, could hardly get the signal in the room and have to stay outside of room which is ridiculous. The Management should do something about this.

Not a great stay this time around, not the Paradise that I used to know. Will not come back again until they improve on their wifi and do refurnishing of dated room.

Room Tip: Ask to check room before taking or opt for the deluxe room
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 December 2011

third stay in Bali Paradiso was the best but also the most expensive a very pricey hotel. I preferred the sun island which was cheaper but because of this could do a lot more shopping and adventure items. still if you aren't planning on leaving the hotel Paradiso is the place to be

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Victoria-Kiwi
Reviewed 30 November 2011

In the last 1 year I have revisited Paradiso Beach Inn several times. I only stayed a few nights as I was in Transit to Maumere, Flores. The improvement I noticed since my 2010 visit is the improved Wifi reception in my room. It is possible that this was caused because I asked for rooms near the reception area. The rooms 101 to 106 have great reception but no fridge. I noticed that the hotel does not sell cold drinks. I do understand because most guests buy their drinks in the convenience store across the street which is open 24/7 and the hotel cannot compete with its prices.

As stated in earlier reviews It is just a few meters distance to the pubs and shops along jalan legian. There are at least 3 ATM machines around the corner. A convenient store across the street .The noise of the pubs, discotheque does not reach your rooms as the rooms are situated far at the back of the place. The rooms are clean. The waterpressure is high which is heaven in Bali. The staff is very friendly. You can walk to the beach but it is better to take a cab. Cabs are cheap. It is even better to rent a bike for your stay in Kuta. I can recommend Paradiso Beach Inn to anyone. I will visit again in May 2012.

Room Tip: The rooms 101 to 106 have great Wifi reception but no fridge.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank hokor
Reviewed 22 November 2011

While our staying in Kuta we found, by a chance, this little nice hotel in Kuta. We loved it very much. The staff was very friendly. The rooms were big, with Air-Con and very nice bathroom. The hotel has a very beautiful swimming pool and we enjoied laying in water under a gorgeous tropical full moon. Later we came back to Kuta and we took it again. So, we can suggest this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Franz_Zena
Reviewed 5 August 2011

Hotel is surprisingly quiet considering the close proximity to the night clubs in Kuta. Staff were friendly and helpful, hotel was very clean and rooms were a great size and very cheap considering what you got. Only downfall was the unsavoury people who roam the streets in the area at night. It's a shame because this little hotel would be a fantastic place to stay if it weren't for that. It's a quiet little hideaway right in the middle of Kuta, walking distance to everything in the area.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
3  Thank TiyahMiah
Reviewed 23 July 2010

Not booking at any hotels in Bali, the driver who picked us up at the airport asked where to go and we say, "anywhere in Kuta". He pulled up outside a dark lane way and said,"Here we are, Paradiso Beach Inn he replied. On first encounters it looked like a back street brothel, it was very late almost midnight. I was tired and I didn't care at the time, thinking if it was a hellhole, I'll fined something better in the morning. Was I surprised when I woke up to see this dark hellhole was in fact extremely clean with a small amount tropical garden and a well maintained pool. The rooms are clean with old furniture, but the bed was large and comfortable, I guess you pay cheap you get cheap.
Just 50 metres from our room was the main road of Legian, we walked down the road turned right about 200m down was the beach.
To sum up our stay at Hotel Paradiso Beach Inn, you've heard the saying " Ugly ducking, beautiful swan". Well, we thought our driver dropped us at an ugly ducking but it is truly a beautiful swan.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank ducktoswan
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kuta
Restu Bali Hotel
#152 of 283 in Kuta
Suris Boutique Hotel
Suris Boutique Hotel
#134 of 254 in Kuta

Been to Paradiso Beach Inn? Share your experiences!