HARRIS Hotel & Residences Riverview Kuta
Ranked #75 of 251 Hotels in Kuta
Perth
“WOW!!”
Reviewed 24 October 2013

Where do I start? We have just returned from our first international family vacation to Bali. From the second we arrived we felt at ease with our children being on the premises. I had emailed the hotel prior to our arrival to arrange a day spa appointment for my daughter and her friend (6.& 7 years old) and everything was like clockwork! While I originally was apprehensive Bout leaving my young child in a day spa, once I met the staff I knew that they were in great hands and I didn't have anything to worry about. The girls had a great time and once they were done it was my turn... WOW! Amazing massage and the best I have ever experienced... And so cheap for a hotel spa!
We stayed in a 2 bedroom apartment and on the 2nd night our air on broke. We had a technician in within 10 minutes trying to fix the problem and because it couldn't be fixed, we moved rooms. This wasn't an issue for me... Porter came to our door and basically did the move for us.
There was nothing that they wouldn't do for us... 10pm massages, midnight juices (fantastic juice bar inside!!) and anything else you could think of it was done instantly.
On our second last night our daughter it very sick and had a temp of 40 degrees. The staff were amazing, advising me that it would be better if we took her to the hospital and the hotel driver would take us there and stay with us while they treated her. Fortunately the ibuprofen kicked in and within 3 hours she was back to normal... But they were so helpful and so reassuring...
I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone with children. Having the option on them in another room wi you instead of an interconnecting door that anyone could have access to meant the world to me. Loved the Harris and can't wait to return soon!

Room Tip: I know people have said don't book a river view suite but our family loved this. The river isn...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Kyelee T
HARRISRiverview, Manager at HARRIS Hotel & Residences Riverview Kuta, responded to this review, 13 December 2013
Dear Kyelee T,

Friendly and warm greetings from HARRIS Hotel & Residences Riverview Kuta - Bali,

Thank you for staying with us and for spending some of your time to post a wonderful review on TripAdvisor.

It is our entire pleasure to be of your service and I am glad to hear that you had a most enriching and distinctive experience at our hotel.

Once again thank you and I look forward to welcoming you again to our warm and hospitality in the not too distant future.

The Management

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
New Plymouth, New Zealand
Reviewed 24 October 2013

We had a fantastic time in Bali & a very comfortable stay at Harris Riverview. We had the 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom unit & it worked out very well for our family of 5. Each day we returned from sight seeing & walked into a spic & span clean room. Having breakfast included was fantastic as it started our day off well.

The staff were always extra friendly & pleasant & tried to help us with any queries etc. the only down side would have to be that there English is not great at all.

Also the kids club was not all it is made out to be, not sure if this was to do with our kids being the only ones using it on the day or not?? Our children are 11,9 & 8 so were happy enough to entertain themselves, but when we returned after 3hrs to pick them up they were in the big alone having a right ole' fun time & no minder in sight!

To finish on a positive note though.... we would return as it was family friendly & very affordable.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Char Andy H
Dear CharAndy2013,

Friendly greetings from HARRIS Hotel & Residences Riverview Kuta – Bali.

First of all, I would like to thank you for sparing your time to write a review of your experience staying at our hotel and sharing it to the TripAdvisor readers.

I am happy to learn that in most aspects you were satisfied with your staying experiences and found the accommodation a perfect value.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to voice your concerns about our kids club english speaking staffs. It is through such communication that we are given the opportunity to evaluate our performance and focus on the areas that need to be addressed, ensuring we deliver the standard of service that our guests expect from us.

Once again thank you and I look forward to welcoming your family again to our warm and hospitality in the not too distant future.

Bukit Batok, null, Singapore
Reviewed 22 October 2013

If you do not compare this hotel to those high end hotel, this hotel is actually fantastic. Clean and spacious room, nice staff, great pool and facilities!!! What more can you ask for? Street food are just outside the hotel with 24 hour K mart. A perfect choice for vegetarian as Laughing Buddha Vegetarian store is just outside.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank AlfredNeo
HARRISRiverview, General Manager at HARRIS Hotel & Residences Riverview Kuta, responded to this review, 3 December 2013
Dear Mr. BensonNeo,

Friendly greetings from HARRIS Hotel & Residences Riverview Kuta - Bali.
I personally thank you for extending your wonderful and great staying experience with us to the Trip Advisor readers.

We are enchanted to know that in most aspects you were gratified with the hotel services & product. My Team and I are happy to be of your service.

Your future arrival in Bali is truly awaited and we look forward to welcoming you again at HARRIS Hotel & Residences Riverview Kuta.

Denpasar, Bali, Indonesia
Reviewed 16 October 2013

Well, this actually a good hotel with a good room and quite big for a standar room. But when I checked in they make it difficult with my reservation and wanted many things. They even wanted my friends ID & Card which for the room I already paid by my self and it should be not a problem.

They even gave me a wrong room with someone inside so I move to another room again.
The AC was leaking so much in room, I asked the reception to fixed it but it still leaking.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
HARRISRiverview, General Manager at HARRIS Hotel & Residences Riverview Kuta, responded to this review, 19 October 2013
Dear Mr. Giannilucha,

Thank you for choosing HARRIS Hotel & Residences Riverview Kuta as your place to stay, and for posting a review on the TripAdvisor.

It concerns me to learn that you have inconveniently encountered an experienced during the check in process and also AC condition during your stay, kindly accept my apology for the discomfort it has caused you.

Please note that we do a very strict data collection for all bookings from online travel agents, according to the conditions agreed by the hotel and agents. As well as the completeness of the data from all of our guests.

Again, thank you for staying at HARRIS Hotel & Residences Riverview Kuta and also the comments, it will helps us to improve our hotel quality.

We look forward to having you as our guest again in the near future.

Nykvarn
Reviewed 3 October 2013

I have enjoyed my stay at Harris a lot. The rooms are clean, modern and everything inside looks newly renovated. It's walking distance from the centre of Kuta and for the people that are lazy they offer a shuttle bus to the different places to visit for free ;) The food is great and authentic and not too expensive. The swimming pool is big enough and clean and there is sun chairs free everyday I been looking for it. The staff here is wonderful and so helpful! I had to visit the hospital and they were very helpful to give me a ride and helped with everything I asked for. When I come back to the hotel they knock on the door and come with fruits and a personal card that they wish me to get better and they had planed to leave the fruits and the card on the hospital, but I was back before then I was planed to be. I will defiantly go back to this place and I recommend this place to everyone, families to couples.

Room Tip: The one with one bedroom is perfect, have a small kitchen if you wish to cook your own food.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Mr/s Hammaar,

Greetings from Bali,

Thank you for your wonderful review that is posted on the TripAdvisor.
Hopefully you are in a good condition now.

My team & I are pleased to know that we have been part of your satisfactory honeymoon experiences.

Moreover, your personalized compliments about our associates have been passed on to them and they are thankful to accept such a valuable feedback from you.

Once again thank you and I look forward to having you as one of our guests again in the near future.

Perth, Australia
Reviewed 3 October 2013

staff were terrific and very friendly, pool and public area were wonderful and the breakfast was delicious! All the pools were clean and well maintained. The spa was very relaxing and great after a day of barterinb

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Bridget P
Dear Bridget P,

Friendly greetings from HARRIS Hotel & Residences Riverview Kuta - Bali.

Thank you for posting a review of your recent stay at our hotel and sharing it to the TripAdvisor readers.

I am glad to learn that it was a great one and hopeful that you could find us to be your home-away-from-home. The staffs are highly appreciated and we treat them as resources to improve our service and facility. And we thank you to find them terrific :)

Once again thank you and looking forward to welcoming you again very soon.

Langwarrin
Reviewed 25 September 2013

A little difficulty on arrival with booked rooms not available. Staff were very accommodating though and we were compensated with spa treatments and complimentary treats sent to our rooms. Lovely hotel surrounds and pools were well maintained and pleasant. All the staff were wonderful and couldn't do more for us. I would stay again as it is out of the hustle and bustle of Kuta but just a short taxi ride or decent walk in.

Room Tip: Overlooking the pool - brilliant.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
Dear Janel29,

Greetings from HARRIS Hotel & Residences Riverview Kuta - Bali.

Thank you for stay with us and choosing HARRIS Hotel & Residences Riverview Kuta - Bali during your last visit to Bali, and we really appreciate for taking the time to give your comment.

I personally would like to apologize for the inconvenience occurred during your last visit, and please be assured that we have taken necessary action to follow up the issue raised on your arrival.

We could guarantee that uncomfortable circumstances would not happen again in the future.

We are expecting to welcome you again soon to Bali