“Great service and great location, absolutely loved it”

Kuta Seaview Boutique Resort & Spa
Ranked #12 of 253 Hotels in Kuta
Darwin, Australia
“Great service and great location, absolutely loved it”
Reviewed 13 March 2014

Seaview Kuta is so close to everything. The beach is right in front of you and there are cafés and restaurants all along the road. The beach walk shopping complex is a two minute walk which leads to poppies lane II where all the markets are. The staff are friendly and helpful. I went there for my birthday and they surprised both my husband and I by singing happy birthday at breakfast with a cake then did up our room with petals. Great good too. The head Chef is Italian and we got to meet him during our cooking class which btw is worth it, $50 for is and we were eating four large meals, and drinks were included. Even when out aircon leaked in our room, within a minute of calling maintenance, the aircon was fixed. Definitely will stay there again

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank MrsG89
KUTA SEAVIEW B, General Manager at Kuta Seaview Boutique Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 19 March 2014
Dear MrsG89,
Happy Birthday, may all the wishes come true...
It’s always a pleasure to receive a positive comment from our guests..Thank You !
We are glad to know that you enjoyed the hotel facilities and the service from the staff.
Thank you for taking the time to write a review, hopefully we will see you again in the future.

Kind regards

rm@kutaseaviewhotel.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (365)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 13 March 2014

We had 4 days at the Kuta Seaview and it was a fantastic break. I had only paid for a standard room but we were given an upgrade to a 3rd floor beach-facing room and it was heavenly. There was a large balcony which caught the afternoon breezes, and it was magical watching the sunset every night. The room was large, modern and comfortable and I couldn't fault the bathroom. The buffet breakfast is first class, and the lady running the egg station is an absolute gem, remembering every order and having it delivered to the table. The pool is the cleanest I have encountered in over 30 years of travelling to Bali, I hope the standards are maintained. The staff is young, enthusiastic and friendly. The location is second to none, easy access to the beach, shopping and restaurants leave little time for boredom. I will definitely return to the Kuta Seaview.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank chrisPerth_Australia
KUTA SEAVIEW B, General Manager at Kuta Seaview Boutique Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 14 March 2014
Dear chrisPerth_Australia,
Greetings from Kuta Sea View Boutique Resort & Spa,
We are happy to be chosen as your preferred holiday last February 2014 and stayed was at Lanai Deluxe room which located on 3rd floor, where you could watch the sunset every night from your own terrace.
It 's a pleasure to hear that you had a wonderful holiday while staying with us and we thank you for the positive comments dropped on Trip Advisor - Thank you !

We look forward to welcoming you at Kuta Sea View Boutique Resort & Spa on your next stay .

Best regards,

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 12 March 2014

Where to begin: long story short -- do NOT stay here. I was traveling alone through Asia and used Bali as my base. Before staying here, I had already traveled in and out of the island 3 times. This 4th time I arrived late. First the night before my arrival, I requested a car pick-up because I was arriving around midnight and didn't feel safe (wanted to use precaution) taking a random taxi from the airport to Kuta. When I called the front desk, they told me they couldn't pick me up and the "it would be okay" to use a taxi. I arrive in Bali the next night and of course I already have to fight with the drivers on a normal price since I am being scammed. I arrive to the hotel around midnight and the staff is unfriendly and unhelpful. I literally try to carry my bags and suitcase (heavy and I was exhausted) to the desk. I will say that the gentleman that ultimately helped me to my room was helpful.

Arriving at the room there was mold in the ceiling of the shower - again, not something to look forward to after a veryyyy long 24 hours of travel.

The next morning was what irked me the most -- completely UNhelpful! I needed to run a few errands before departing to the US and the front desk refused to order me a metered taxi. they only recommended "their" drivers which was a COMPLETE SCAM. I literally had to beg them to just order a normal taxi that would not cost me $40 USD to move 5km (more than the cost of Kuta --> Ubud on a previous visit). ADDITIONALLY, they REFUSED to call a local taxi without charging me to use their own phone --- and then they did not even give me the change I needed; had to remind them that they owed me! When I was packing up they just stood there (the hotel wasn't busy and there were about 4 men around able to assist me as a guest).

Customer service was TERRIBLE throughout the stay -- except for the waitstaff and the pool staff. The front desk was not welcoming and I will never return.

Originally I was planning to re-book the hotel for my next family trip this summer 2014, but I will NOT be booking a stay at this hotel.

Additionally -- the photos are deceiving in terms of spacing. Photos make the hotel bigger than it is, just FYI for future travelers. Be aware.

Normally in Bali, especially as a lone female traveler I am greeter in a friendly helpful matter, but after this stay I left unhappy, exhausted and deceived.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
5 Thank sophiam92
Dear Sophiam92,
Thanks you for the comments dropped on trip Advisor.
Regret, to know some of the facilities and services were not to your expectation.
Please be assured we will make every effort to improve it.
we would be very happy if you could give us one more chance to show you our professionalism by offering better service for your next stay and please feel free to contact me if there is anything that I could assist you.

Warm Regards

Perth, Australia
Reviewed 9 March 2014

Only spent 1 night here but it was very nice. The rooms are large and well kitted out, the bath is absolutely enormous and a tall person would be very happy !!
The bed was a wonderful I can only say it felt like i was on a cloud. Aircond could not be adjusted despite several attempts and sadly and I was quite warm all night. The gardens are lovely and breakfast is great. Although the pool looked lovely but small, I wouldn't really like to swim in the pool watched by all the restaurant dining guests so that would be my only negative.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
KUTA SEAVIEW B, General Manager at Kuta Seaview Boutique Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 10 March 2014
Dear debsclan,
Warmest Greeting from Kuta Seaview Boutique Resort & Spa, Kuta
Thank you so much for a very detailed overview of your stay. We are very pleased to note that we were able to exceed your expectations on your recent stay with us.
some feed back given to us have been shared and discussed on board to seek any improvement in the future.
We certainly look forward to welcoming you back at our Boutique Resort .

The Hague, The Netherlands
Reviewed 7 March 2014

I don't normally write reviews as I am very picky and normally feel entitled to receive good service when I am paying for the expectation and experience. However, I feel compelled to congratulate ALL the staff at Kuta Seaview. My wife and I stayed their 3 nights at the end of Feb., 2014 and had an extremely pleasant experience from beginning to end!
We were picked up at the airport (for extra $$). Had a pleasant ride to the hotel and when I asked about bike rental the driver said he would arrange it for us; 20 minutes after arrival to the hotel we had a scooter waiting for us.
The nice lady at reception was very kind and offered us a deluxe room (as it was our fifth anniversary, and our honeymoon was also in Bali), but the room wasn't clean yet and my wife preferred the sea view room we had booked on the third floor, even without an elevator. You have to be very lazy or completely out of shape to complain about the stairs, they are easy and I am not in the best shape! And the room was nice, with a neat little balcony to sit and look out!
Breakfast had plenty of choice and good taste. The restaurant served amazing cocktails to us at/around the pool as well!
We had the best massage EVER on our first evening from the spa. Our final evening we also had a nice massage, but not as good as the first one, expectation too high from the first perhaps...
Once we couldn't get our safe open in the room and they came to fix it within 10 minutes of our call (only needed the batteries changed). When I asked for a bigger and more comfortable bike I was accommodated completely and quickly (and it's not the duty of the hotel to arrange this)!
Everything was absolutely wonderful regarding the hospitality, and if you knew me that would speak volumes for the quality of this place and the people there!
Thank you to the staff at Kuta Seaview for our stay, you were ALL terrific! We will see you again in a few months hopefully...
Dean & Nataly 312

Room Tip: 312 was our room (Sea View), no elevator but it's not Dutch steps, so they are easy! Not really...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Nataly7909
KUTA SEAVIEW B, General Manager at Kuta Seaview Boutique Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 7 March 2014
dear Nataly7909,
Warmest Greeting from Kuta Seaview Boutique Resort & Spa, Kuta Beach - Bali.
Thank you for taking the time to inform us of your pleasant stay at our resort last February 2014 and stayed was in room 312, one of our Lanai Deluxe Seaview which located on 3rd floor.
We have passed all comments to our team members so that they are aware of the guests impression of the hotel, as it will assist them in carrying out their duties more effectively.
Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you on your next visit in few month from now

Kind regards

Darwin, Australia
Reviewed 5 March 2014

We travel to Bali several times a year but this was our first time staying in Kuta. The history of the bombings and the concern of drugs etc always put me off it, but after staying in Kuta, I would stay their again without any concerns. It is all about where you go and stay and the Seaview is in-between Poppies 1 and 2, placing it in a great, central spot.

We travelled with a good friend of ours this time and he recommended the Kuta Seaview as he stays there often. We each stayed in a cottage (their best room) and I must say, it was a very small bedsit room. We normally stay in villa's so this was a shock to us. We had an extra bed in the room for our 4yo and we were crabbing around the room as a result. There was little to no space left as a result. What I will say is the master bed itself - wow - that is the best bed I have ever slept in while staying in Bali. Normally I have to get massages everyday as my back is hurting, but I didn't need too! It was like sleeping on a cloud!

I was really disappointed with my experience at the Spa. We went to have our free massage and the lady said it was for a foot massage. I was like, that's fine. I was sooo disappointed. All she did was rub my foot and it wasn't a massage. I did not go to the spa any other time as a result.

The free breakfasts were good. You had to pay for coffees but they were amazing, so I was not concerned with the $5 price tag after I first tried it.
I did have a rather amusing conversation with the lovely bartender by the pool when I went there for my morning coffee. I asked for a Skinny latte with one equal. He frowned picked up the menu and was like, "Regular latte?", I replied, "No, Skinny latte?" He frowned again and was like, "regular latte?" Lol, this went on for a while much to the amusement of my husband and his friend. Our friends girlfriend is Balinese and I looked to her for help and she then spoke to the bartender in Balinese and after a while she shrugged and said, "regular latte". Everyone standing around thought it was hilarious, and now looking back, so do I.

The hotel is right across from the beach and as you would expect, the old ladies trying to get you to have manicures and massages are in abundance, but after a few no's, they leave you alone.

The pool attendants were sooo nice. They looked after our nannie and my son wonderfully.

The surprising thing about this resort is how quite it is. It is right in the hassle and bustle of KUta, yet at night we were not bothered by noise at all. We felt safe and secluded. It was very nice.

We had room service one night, and I'll admit I wasn't a fan. The desserts were also lacking. There is a lot of choice around, so you will not go hungry.

Will I recommend this hotel to others? Yes. It is not ideal for a family, but is perfect for couples.
Will I stay here again? Yes. But I think it will be more likely a hotel we stay at when we do not bring our son. The rooms were simply too small.

Room Tip: Ask for the ones down the back. It is quieter.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
KUTA SEAVIEW B, General Manager at Kuta Seaview Boutique Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 6 March 2014
Dear Tegan C,
Warmest greeting from Kuta Sea View Boutique Resort & Spa
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with such valuable feed back, especially both feed back on Bar issue ( lack of understanding the word of “ Skinny Latte “ ) and the other issue was on Spa issue.
some action have been taken in order to improve the quality of product and our services , especially in these area . Along with this, we love to inform you that we are in the step of upgrading our spa , the new Boutique spa will be officially opened by Mid of May with new product service offered water massage “ Vichy Shower “ as one of our signature product to offer.
in order to accommodate family staying at our resort, we have already launched our 2 new Premier Deluxe Gardens early of this year located on the ground floor with it’s private living room and big long sofa , these two rooms are much bigger comparing the existing cottages and are high in demand.

Thank you again for sharing your experience and it is our hope that we will be welcoming your return in the future

Denarau Island, Fiji
Reviewed 2 March 2014

We stayed here 20Jan - 31Jan2014. Having visited Bali for the last 20 odd years, staying at various hotels, we can certainly recommend this one. My wife and I travelled here with my brother and his partner. Upon arrival we were greeted by very friendly staff, welcome drink etc. After initial introductions, we were both upgraded to deluxe room suites. Rooms were very spacious and clean , with a small lounge inside and a small lounge outside on the balcony. Internet television, took a little while to work out having never used one before. There was a king size four poster bed and everyday we came back there was a different shaped animal made of the bathroom towels on our bed..eg. elephant, monkey, dog etc. Breakfast was very good although it needed a bit of variation eg. they had chicken curry, which was nice, but everyday was a bit much. Eggs cooked as required, Danish pastries, donuts were always welcome addition to breakfast. The swimming pool is big enough with plenty of seats. Pool food/drink service was very good. Hotel is also in a very good location...10min walk to Kuta square, 1 minute to the beach. We were also invited by the management for high-tea and a chat...which they were all accomadating to our suggestions. All in all we had a great time here and certainly would recommen

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
KUTA SEAVIEW B, General Manager at Kuta Seaview Boutique Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 3 March 2014
Dear DENLEY2014,
Warmest Greeting from Kuta Seaview Boutique Resort & Spa, Kuta
Thank you so much for your visit. It is always a pleasure to have you stay with us on last January from 20th - 31st , 2014, and to note that we were able to continually meet your expectations and provide you with the genuine warmth and friendliness of our staff .
thank you for highlighting our room and it's facilities , and also our breakfast at our restaurant.
Your comments on the service provided by our staff are most gratifying and will be shared with the whole team.
we all look forward to welcoming you again to Kuta Seaview Boutique Resort & Spa , Kuta Beach Bali.

rm@kutaseaviewhotel.com
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kuta
The Kuta Beach Heritage Hotel Bali - Managed by Accor
#39 of 253 in Kuta
Legian Beach Hotel
Legian Beach Hotel
#14 of 87 in Legian

Been to Kuta Seaview Boutique Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!