The hotel is literally nestled in the heart of Kuta. The problem with this is that there is a large brick wall blocking any view of the ocean, unlike the pictures on their web site. Also there is a lot of construction going on close to the hotel so the pathways are inaccessible and there is alot of traffic congestion, disgarded metal and dirt which can get quick smelly when it rains.
On our first nights stay our sheets contained brown stains and on several occasions we were given new sheets that were also stained or had a strange odour. The rooms are nice if you like traditional balinese furnishings. However they are quite small. The bed was a great size and very comfortable and the aircon was fantastic. The shower wouldnt stay on the same temperature which was a little frustrating.
The pool is beautifully set out amongst frangipani trees and comfortable elegant day beds. This was a great part of the hotel, however the pool is situated at the front of the hotel on the main road and right next to the hotels restaurant, so when you begin to relax you have constant traffic noise, horns and restaurant guests looking at you.
There was nothing in the lobby that guided us on what to do in Bali and we werent comfortable asking locals on the side of the road about tours in case of being misinformed or ripped off.
The hotel was also undergoing some refurbishing. The room next door to ours furniture was being moved in and out of the room and walls were being banged and painted. The roof above us which hung over our patio had paint that was being stripped which would hit the ground like small flakes of asbestos as we entered and left our room.
The restaurant was delicious and was the best part of our stay. Although the food was great it was quite pricey and the hotel grabs you with high taxes and service charges.
The breakfast buffet was ok but on a few occassions made us feel quite ill. One morning there was a big black hair in my pasta and on another morning a large piece of plastic embedded in a spring roll.
On our last day we were required to pay for our water even though we replaced it. The man at the hotel lobby called us a taxi in the morning to take us to the airport. However once we arrived at the airport he conveniently didnt have any change to give us so we ended up paying 100 000 for the taxi fair which was actually only 30 000. This meant that we had to find another money exchanger at the airport to get our leaving tax money ready....the only problem was that the money exchangers didnt open until after we were scheduled to check in.
We had a good time in Bali but would not rush back. We made the most of the pool and relaxed as much as we could. We treated ourselves with a great massage by the pool which we highly recommend and ate the restaurants food.
If travelling to Bali and wanting to relax we recommend staying in Legian or out of Kuta. Your not missing out on anything and if you really want to surf which is the only benefit of the hotel location being right across from the beach..then grab a taxi. Taxi fares to most places are little more than $3-$5 AUD.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- KUTA SEAVIEW Boutique Resort & Spa Bali is strategically located on beach front of the long golden sand of Kuta beach, well known for its surfing and for its magnificent sunsets, provides everlasting bliss for those craving for the perfect holiday under the sun. The resort is set amongst tropical gardens with 88 comfortable guest rooms of your choice from deluxe room as the lowest room category to Premier deluxe gardens - Suites the highest ones , all rooms are furnished in contemporary Balinese architecture and equipped with international standard room facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Kuta Seaview Boutique Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kuta Seaview Boutique Resort And Spa
- Kuta Seaview Boutique Hotel Kuta
- Kuta Seaview Boutique Resort & Spa Bali