I stayed two weeks at this hotel as I needed some time to get a few things done in the middle of a trip around the world. This hotel is a good value for the price, but it has a lot of negatives. The main positive is that you get very spacious rooms, especially if you book the family-sized one-bedroom "apartment." There's breakfast included, and it's served buffet-style until 10:30 a.m. There's a decent pool in the hotel, but it's right next to the restaurant area. The staff is pretty responsive and does a good job overall.
Now onto the negatives!
- First, the Internet access SUCKS! It works well (most of the time), but it's incredibly slow. My speed tests showed a maximum speed of around 100K per second, which means loading a 5 minute video will take you 30-60 minutes. I guess this speed is good enough for checking your emails, but for getting anything done, it's very frustrating. Although most of Bali's Internet access is really bad, many hotels have had much better Internet.
- The spa. The hotel advertises a spa, but in reality they can only send a therapist to your room. That means if you want to get a massage you get it on the bed, which doesn't work very well.
- The road. The hotel is located on Sunset Road which is a very busy road. It's also almost impossible to take a walk on this road as there are no sidewalks. So you have to take taxis to get around. Luckily they are easily available and cheap.
- The room. Okay, the room is spacious, but it's also pretty shabby. The furniture is decrepit, and although it's advertised as an "apartment", it comes with a cooking plate but no pot, utensils or any other way to make food (unless you ask for it). There seems to be a problem with the sewer system and sometimes a bad stench comes out of the trap next to the toilet.
- The hotel menu. There's almost nothing healthy on the room service menu, except freshly-made juices.
I really don't see why anyone would want to stay at this hotel unless they needed to be close to downtown for a few days at the end of a trip visiting the rest of Bali. In that case the hotel would be okay. In my case my computer broke down and I had to wait for it to get fixed.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your 100 Sunset Boutique Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 100 Sunset Boutique Hotel Bali/Kuta