“In Terrible Condition and Apauling Staff”

Bali Kuta Resort & Convention Center
Ranked #219 of 253 Hotels in Kuta
Reviewed 1 February 2014

I stayed here last year in November 2013 and had the worst hotel experience I've ever had. I found that the hotel bedroom superior suite was in terrible condition. It was run down, it had a dirty brown and yellow stained cracked toilet seat that was in very poor condition. The bedroom lighting was very dark and gave the room a dingey vibe. Half a roll of toilet paper was "refreshed" in the bathroom upon my first entrance with no back ups. Overnight it was very noisy. I was woken up 5-7 times during the night of slamming doors, people walking by and people talking as they walked to their rooms. I could also hear the constant noise of rolling suitcases throughout all hours of the night and morning (unfortunately all rooms here are located off a marble corridor and the rooms are not soundproof at all). I had a very distressing check in and check out where the hotel reception staff claimed that they had not received my payment from lastminute.com. I even emailed the staff my confirmation email of my payment at lastminute.com and by the end of my stay they still proceeded to claim that they had no payment confirmation. I had also contacted the company in Australia (via email) and they said that they had recently spoken to a peron at the hotel explaining that my payment had gone though and that they showed them how to receive the payment, yet no one at the desk (including the manager) seemed to know what was going on. The staff were very slow at rectifying this problem andwere VERY poor at communicating with me during this ordeal. After the huge ordeal I was given no apology or explanation to what had happened, I was simply kept in the dark the entire time while they spoke a different language to each other. I would never recommend anyone to stay at this hotel and now I understand why the place was so "empty". The buffet was very poor. There were fruit flies walking on and buzzing over every piece of fruit platter. Nothing looked fresh. I bring all of these problems down to poor management and poor hospitality skills. A good hotel has a good manager with good hospitality skills! This one didn't. Furthermore, I did not feel safe staying at this hotel at night, there was poor locking devices on the hotel door and just about anyone off the street could easily walk up and into the corridors of this poor lighted corridors. I would not recommend any one to stay here, even for 1 night because it is not worth the trouble or stress. A place/experience like this can really upset your holiday in Bali

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
15  Thank Trixiemeadowhip

Reviewed 26 January 2014

We stayed here in a Junior Suite in March 2012 for the 5 nights before our wedding in Bali and could not have been happier. Our room was like a one bedroom apartment, very spacious, clean, comfortable and stylish. The staff were so welcoming, remembered our names and made us feel at home the whole time. The spa is exceptional! Very beautiful and tranquil and romantic. My wife and I still talk about how delicious the omelettes were at the breakfast buffet!! We are coming back to Bali soon and will be booking in at the Bali Kuta Resort!!

Room Tip: pay the extra for the junior suite!
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Evan R
Reviewed 19 November 2013 via mobile

A very poor hotel quality.
No bellboy on my 1st day Check in.
Pay In front procedure really annoys me.
Deluxe std room was far below standard.
Bad toilet quality, no hot water.
water on swimming pool was like a swamp, green color.
l filed a complaint and the manager gave me an upgrade to junior suite.
l missed my moment to swim with my baby boy.
That's the only good part on my stay at the BKR.

*For the hotel manager...Your hotel doesn't have a premium location, so at least improve the ambient and the Room quality.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
7  Thank dailyxsius
Reviewed 6 November 2013

This is my 2nd stay at this hotel which is in a good location for nightlife, beach etc but not right on top of it so you do not get all the noise. Rooms are very good with all comforts one needs with good wi fi. Nice pool with pool bar attached. Staff are very friendly and happy to oblige with any requests. Excellent breakfast with wide choice of local and western dishes available.
Do noy use their website to book as you will incur all sorts of trouble.........theyb tried to make me move twice before I arrived and claimed I had not paid when I had paid in full when booking. The Manager resolved these issues but I suggest you use a good internet site such as booking.com or Expedia to avoid any hassle.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the pool bar to avoid loud music in the early evening
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank ManchesterGulliver
Reviewed 3 October 2013

Booked for 4 nights. Checked in and found that the room is simply not acceptable, ask for a change, the other room also not so good.
Dark alley, Rundown feeling, probably the other room (pool view) are not so bad.
Given deep consideration that we won't be staying long, we just won't bother to upgrade our room.
The only two compliments I would give is One to the Kitchen Staffs, they provide us with great Indonesian foods every single morning, especially their Soto. And the other one is to their housekeeping, very attentive, neat and clean.
During weekday, you'll be attended by trainee staffs I think, not professional at all, front office hardly smile.
Weekend much better.
To be managed by Swiss Bel Hotel, are you sure ? I don't think so.
When you took a taxi they only know the place as Bali Kuta Resort. Inconvenient, one way self drive entrance. Half an hour walk to Legian and Kuta Beach.
Long way for improvement.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
8  Thank Ffteo
Reviewed 15 September 2013

We were booked here for a week but left after 4 days! The swimming pool was green and in very poor state...broken tiles, wooden floorboards very uneven and some unsafe and with flower pots to try and hide the broken ones. Our toilet flooded twice, the aircon broke, so many ants in the room just not funny! The bar ran out of white wine and bintang on day 2!! We have a 1 year old little boy and just found the whole place unsafe for him (not the hotels fault of course as we booked sort of knowing what it was like...although very different once we got there to the pictures on websites).
I can't fault the staff however, as they were very helpful and polite all through our queries.
As another guest has written, the hotel caters for mainly Asians, so the food was very limited.
Its a shame this was our first experience of Bali and we felt the need to move...its been an expensive week.
Overall, I say, don't stay at this hotel if you want to chill and relax...it was nothing but stress! :(

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
6  Thank mrskappo
nelli_78, Front Office Manager at Bali Kuta Resort & Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

We would like to thank you for your reviewed of Bali Kuta Resort, However we apologize for your uncomfortable while stayed with us.
Your comment to guide us to improve our service to all the guest here.
Hoping we could looking after you and family again in Bali

Reviewed 10 September 2013

Recently stayed at BKR for the second time. The location of the hotel is great. Its only one street back from Legian and you can gain quick and easy access to Legian street through lane ways within 5+ minutes of walking. The Junior Suite with Pool View room is lovely and spacious with medium sized fridge if your wanting to chill your own food and drinks. The water temperature in the shower was rather cool even with the hot water flat out and the shower didnt have much water pressure either. The pool and surroundings are lovely and quite quiet and peacefull however not often you find Australian travellers staying at the hotel - the hotel tends to have many asian guests and accommodates for them with regards the breakfast buffet. A large variety of food is on offer for your breakfast but limited to Australian cuisine (mainly asian food). Overall, rooms are clean, staff are friendly, prices are good, location is good however the atmosphere lacks some vibe. If your looking for a quiet relaxing holiday and dont really want to mingle then this place is perfect. If your looking for a party environment, you wont find it here.

Room Tip: There is a local shop literally 2 minute walk to the North of the hotel when you exit that sells jus...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple