“Lovely Vacation”

Ranked #210 of 251 Hotels in Kuta
Sydney, Australia
“Lovely Vacation”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

My second time comes to Kuta, It is a nice hotel with nice food. Easy to go to Kuta Beach n Legian area for my shopping time, Thank you for the shuttle bus! I will come again in My Third Trip to Bali.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 16 April 2014

My partner and I stayed here for 15 nights. After much reviewing on trip advisor we saw this hotel had mixed reviews. We thought for the price it would be good value for the amount of nights we stayed there. The night we arrived we checked in and went to our room. As I walked in the bathroom. The toilet seat was very worn and disgusting. The room smelt very strange. We went to reception and they offered to move us to a room with a pool view as that is what we originally booked. We get in the room and there was no view of a pool just a big tree. I went to use the bathroom again and the toilet would not flush and was leaking on the floor.... We went back to reception and by this stage we had enough as we flew in late. They upgraded us to a junior suite. We walked in and the room was decent. The photos and website look nothing like the actual room. Breakfast was very poor with most days they didn't have simple things like bananas. The staff service was also very poor. We ordered omelettes and had to collect our meals our selves with 5 staff standing there watching us.
We booked a lot of tours so we weren't home very often. The swimming pool deck is very worn and dangerous. I put my foot straight through one of the boards. The bottom of the pool had missing or broken tiles everywhere. Very unpleasant when trying to relax and have a swim. We booked this hotel thinking we could get a massage from there day spa but there isn't even a day spa in the building.
Wifi was very poor in room and couldn't get any service. Half the days the internet wasn't even working.
Finally there was never any hot water to have a shower. We complained 7 times in our stay and only got hot water 1 night when the big boss was staying at the hotel. Would never stay here again. Only one staff member by the name of RYAN went above and beyond his way to make our stay as pleasent as possible. He organised bananas for us every morning and delivered to our room. He should give the rest of the staff a lesson in real customer service. I thank RYAN for his service but that was the best part about our stay. Very disappointing when it was my partners first trip overseas. Will never stay here again

• Stayed March 2014
15 Thank Firella_86
nelli_78, Front Office Manager at Bali Kuta Resort & Convention Center, responded to this review, 3 May 2014
Dear Ms. Firella,

Thank you for the riview of Bali Kuta Resort
We would like to apologize for the service that we offer to you out of your expectation

Your feedback is very important to us to improve our service and to make us be a better hotel one day. We are looking forward to serve you again in Bali, may I assist you asfom@bali-kutaresort.com

Travellers are raving about these Kuta hotels

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 3 March 2014

There were cockroaches on the pastry table during two mornings, and flies on one morning. The rest is for you to infer. The staff tried their very best, and are to be praised. I heard that the management and the property owner are locked in dispute about their business arrangement regarding the hotel.

Room Tip: Some rooms are right next to a very busy road. There are rooms facing the pool and these are quiete...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
18 Thank skp288
Dear Valued Guest,

We would like to thank you and would like to apologize for what was happened.
Your feedback to improve our service to our guest .

Hoping to serve you again in Bali, incase you need assistant asfom@bali-kutaresort.com
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed 27 February 2014

Chose this hotel because of the location, so we didn't need a rental car. Arrived on dec 31, 2103 around 3pm, front desk was crowded when we arrived, some people looked furious (later we found out why), we got our room pretty quick. Room was dirty, no bathroom mat, no towels, no hairdryer. After calling housekeeping 3 times, we finally got towels and hairdryer.

In the evening, my brother and his girlfriend arrived, and was told they didn't have a room for them even tho it was already paid thru agoda. Their reason was, they had so many rooms with broken facility (broken AC, broken toilets, etc), and fully booked due to NYE. They offered them a room in a different hotel, far from Kuta, of course we refused.
That's the only solution they offered to them and other guests that are also mad at the front desk. Manager was nowhere to be found or to able to be contacted (on the busiest night of hotel business!)

So I offered a solution, since my boyfriend and I had a suite with a living room, we can put extra beds for tonight (for my brother and his girlfriend), and made them promised that they WILL get a room the next night and get refunded for tonight. The reception had the guts to ask us to pay for the extra beds, I told them: I just gave you a solution for you guest! No, I will not pay for the extra beds!

The next day, my brother went to the reception in the morning to find out what's going on with their room, no room yet. Told them to contact him when it's available. We came back from lunch and massage, around 7pm, still no room. Waited for half hour, finally they got a room, got upgraded to a suite.

Worst service I've ever gotten from a hotel. The housekeeping staff were friendly, which I appreciated their efforts to keep smiles in their faces, due to stupidity from the front desk staff.
Hotel is in terrible shape, needs a lot of renovation.
Will never stay there ever again!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
11 Thank Sara S
Dear Ms. Sara,

Thank you for the review of Bali Kuta Resort.
We would like to apologize, we can't give your expectation, since first time you came.
Your feedback to make us knew our weakness and it's to improve us step by step.

Hoping in other chance we could serve you again in Bali - please contact us asfom@bali-kutaresort.com
Darwin, Australia
Reviewed 1 February 2014

I stayed here last year in November 2013 and had the worst hotel experience I've ever had. I found that the hotel bedroom superior suite was in terrible condition. It was run down, it had a dirty brown and yellow stained cracked toilet seat that was in very poor condition. The bedroom lighting was very dark and gave the room a dingey vibe. Half a roll of toilet paper was "refreshed" in the bathroom upon my first entrance with no back ups. Overnight it was very noisy. I was woken up 5-7 times during the night of slamming doors, people walking by and people talking as they walked to their rooms. I could also hear the constant noise of rolling suitcases throughout all hours of the night and morning (unfortunately all rooms here are located off a marble corridor and the rooms are not soundproof at all). I had a very distressing check in and check out where the hotel reception staff claimed that they had not received my payment from lastminute.com. I even emailed the staff my confirmation email of my payment at lastminute.com and by the end of my stay they still proceeded to claim that they had no payment confirmation. I had also contacted the company in Australia (via email) and they said that they had recently spoken to a peron at the hotel explaining that my payment had gone though and that they showed them how to receive the payment, yet no one at the desk (including the manager) seemed to know what was going on. The staff were very slow at rectifying this problem andwere VERY poor at communicating with me during this ordeal. After the huge ordeal I was given no apology or explanation to what had happened, I was simply kept in the dark the entire time while they spoke a different language to each other. I would never recommend anyone to stay at this hotel and now I understand why the place was so "empty". The buffet was very poor. There were fruit flies walking on and buzzing over every piece of fruit platter. Nothing looked fresh. I bring all of these problems down to poor management and poor hospitality skills. A good hotel has a good manager with good hospitality skills! This one didn't. Furthermore, I did not feel safe staying at this hotel at night, there was poor locking devices on the hotel door and just about anyone off the street could easily walk up and into the corridors of this poor lighted corridors. I would not recommend any one to stay here, even for 1 night because it is not worth the trouble or stress. A place/experience like this can really upset your holiday in Bali

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
15 Thank Trixiemeadowhip
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 26 January 2014

We stayed here in a Junior Suite in March 2012 for the 5 nights before our wedding in Bali and could not have been happier. Our room was like a one bedroom apartment, very spacious, clean, comfortable and stylish. The staff were so welcoming, remembered our names and made us feel at home the whole time. The spa is exceptional! Very beautiful and tranquil and romantic. My wife and I still talk about how delicious the omelettes were at the breakfast buffet!! We are coming back to Bali soon and will be booking in at the Bali Kuta Resort!!

Room Tip: pay the extra for the junior suite!
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Evan R
Reviewed 19 November 2013 via mobile

A very poor hotel quality.
No bellboy on my 1st day Check in.
Pay In front procedure really annoys me.
Deluxe std room was far below standard.
Bad toilet quality, no hot water.
water on swimming pool was like a swamp, green color.
l filed a complaint and the manager gave me an upgrade to junior suite.
l missed my moment to swim with my baby boy.
That's the only good part on my stay at the BKR.

*For the hotel manager...Your hotel doesn't have a premium location, so at least improve the ambient and the Room quality.

Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends