“Value for your money with a 5 star location.”
Review of Dekuta Hotel

Dekuta Hotel
Ranked #111 of 254 Hotels in Kuta
Reviewed 15 May 2014 via mobile

Although dekuta doesn't have the best pool in Bali, the most fancy rooms by far it has the best location.
For 17-24 year olds anyway
It is right next to the beach, excellent tattooists, the Mushie bar, the clubs and the big shopping centre, kodak money changer is near
And of course for the end of every night out- it's extremely close to mcdonalds
Only downfall is the breakfast however it's already included in the price so it's not like your missing out on anything
Having said that, the breakfast might not be amazing but the lunch and dinner menu ESPECIALLY the carborna is amazing.
Also they need to clean the rooms more thoroughly like every other hotel
Even though it's near the clubs you can't hear the noise
I stay elsewhere when I come with my family (cause they pay for it!) but when traveling with my friends I won't stay anywhere else! They always have a deal on with the rooms to get them supercheap
The beds and pillows are hell comfy
It's great value for your money and I recommend everybody who asks to stay here
I come to Bali around four times a year and stay at this fabulous hotel.

• Stayed: November 2013
There are newer reviews for Dekuta Hotel

Reviewed 9 May 2014 via mobile

Just got back from an 8 night stay in Bali and DeKuta. Really like this hotel. Good location, friendly and very helpful staff. My only issue was the toilet in our room didn't work, we ended up using the one in the lobby. Like other reviews have mentioned there isn't much sun around the pool chairs but if tanning is what you're after the beach is only a few minutes walk away. For under $100 per night including breakfast I would stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed 8 May 2014

Booked a 2 nights stay for 2 rooms during a short trip to Bali in March. First disappointment, requested high floor not knowing that the hotel does not have elevator. Yes, their highest floor may just be 3 storeys but having to climb up the stairs after having too many bintangs is very challenging... Second disappointment air-con was not functioning well! Imagine the heat in Bali and waiting forever for the air con to cool the room... even leaving the air con on when we left the room for a couple of hours doesnt make any difference. both rooms we booked had this issue and when we called them to check it out, they just switched it off and then turned it on and said ok. you must be kidding me... i am sitting in the room sweating buckets and he said ok? Third disappointment room floor was filthy! it is dusty and dirty. we had to use the towels to clean the floor. Fourth disappointment bed has ants crawling! Its bad enough I had to deal with a warm air con and now ants crawling on me while i'm trying to sleep? Had enough for one night so I forfeited my second night payment and went to book another hotel in kuta which is much cheaper but with better amenities!

Room Tip: DO NOT request for high floor if you do not wish to climb up the stairs. And make sure the air con i...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank nasteestar
Reviewed 8 May 2014

Recommended by my cousin, I went ahead to book, stayed for 3 nights and loved every bit of the hotel. Rooms are clean and bed's comfy plus, Wi-fi's a breeze here. Hotel's just 5a short walk to Kuta Beach and 10mins away from Hard Rock Café. In summary - Strategically located.
Will definitely stay there for my next trip.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 14 April 2014

I usually stay in Legian or Seminyak and decided I didnt want to drive my bike anymore (was robbed and pushed off my scooter in November 2013) So I decided to stay where I could walk to the beach and shops. DeKuta is located at the beach end of Poppies 2, a very short walk down to Beachwalk. Its rooms are spacious and modern with either a choice of twin beds or a king bed and the balcony are large for Bali standards. The pool area always has sun which is good for those who tan and also lots of shaded places to sit and relax around the pool and lobby. The restaurant attached does room service but dining in was a better option (im a people watcher). Wifi was available FOC and worked in all areas of the hotel! I would consider staying at this hotel again when I return to Bali.

Room Tip: Second Floor... facing away from the morning sun. I stayed in room 223 just above the end of the poo...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank laladodol
RomeoPutra M, Marketing Communications at Dekuta Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you for extending your wonderful staying experience with us to the Trip Advisor readers.

We are glad to learn that our location is an advantage you could benefit from and our facilities have impressed you. You came to Bali in a good time when the weather is already sunny. Be rest assured that your next stay with us will be even more pleasurable one, as we continuously strive to provide the most memorable and unique stay for our guests.

Looking forward to welcome you as one of our guest again in the near future.

Cheers!

Reviewed 7 April 2014

Value for money and location. It is literally in the centre of Kuta. A walking distance to Legian. During the day we would walk around the Kuta-Legian stretch and grab some bargain hunting. And then we chilled at the beach and finished it off at the pool. We grabbed dinner at Nebula, which on the lobby and then we walked to Sky Garden to party. 5 min from Kuta Beach and Hard Rock Cafe Bali. 10 min to Sky Garden. 15 min to Legian. Room is comfortable and basic.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear guest,

Thank you for your kind review. We are grateful for the location of our hotel, it is close to the beach, shopping center and nightlife in Kuta. All is walking distance. We are so happy to hear that you experience a very nice holiday in Bali, and we look forward to welcome you again in near time or in the future.

Best regards.

Reviewed 30 March 2014

Our second time to this hotel, our first stay was great this led to us booking dekuta hotel again mainly for price, location, service and modern design. This time we booked thru booking.com for 6 nights @ $56 AUD per night. Check in was quick and efficient, shown to room in corner on top floor. Upon entering I noticed the airconditioning was not effective and the quality was not the same as the room we had stayed in previously. We gave the aircon abit more time to work but to no avail, upon calling reception I was told they would send an engineer to sort out the issue. Around two hours later with no change, I called reception who stated they had already sent someone to fix it, I stated that yes the engineer had been to fix the aircon, but it had made no difference, the room was still very hot. The reception staff offered another room, which we very gladly took and noticed the temperature difference immediately. Rooms are in need of updating/maintenance as wear and tear starting to show, bathrooms very dirty, several broken item around room ( cracked bathroom sink, light fittings, chair nearly falling apart) and linen is atrocious- dirty, ripped and stained grey/browntowels, yuk. Wifi non existent, very frustrating. Worst of all, while out shopping on our first nights stay, I went to withdraw money from my account, only to find there was none there, dekuta had charged my card twice for the room. When I approached reception staff later that night, they were at a loss how to explain why this had happened, I was very upset at the thought of having every single dollar taken from my account, reception staff were apologetic and stated they would look into the matter the next morning. I checked my account the next day, and my money had been refunded, and that is where the story ends there, no apology or explanation, nothing. The rest of the stay, we couldn't wait to check out and won't be returning, this hotel needs some serious maintenance to bring it back up to scratch and to $55 a night standards. Room service selection very limited, and finishes at 10pm although good value for money. Will not return or recommend.

Room Tip: Tip to choose a good room ?? Look elsewhere...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
RomeoPutra M, Marketing Communications at Dekuta Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2014

Greetings from Dekuta Boutique Hotel

Thank you for staying with us recently and sharing your experience through TripAdvisor.

First of all, thank you for your review as we always take them for our self-improvement. We do apologize for any inconvenience caused related to the room conditions during your stay and we assure serious action will be taken from every element related with your experience. The situation is that we currently upgrading our rooms and amenities, and you may rest assure that this is neither standards nor typical services provided to our customer.

We look forward to welcoming you again at Dekuta Boutique Hotel and allow us to have the opportunity to serve you better near in the future.

Best Regards.