“Great value for accommodation and location.”
Review of Dekuta Hotel

Dekuta Hotel
Ranked #108 of 253 Hotels in Kuta
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Stayed here three separate times during my two months in Indonesia. Love the location - close to great restaurants, the beach, and shopping mall. Comfortable beds, nice large balcony overlooking the pool, and modern fixtures. Found a great rate on Agoda. Staff was friendly. Thanks Addie!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Eddoarthawan, Manager at Dekuta Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2014

Dear Sabs1218,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us. We really appreciate it. We will keep improving our service so that we can make the guests more comfortable staying at dekuta Hotel.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future and in the meantime, if we may be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us. Thank you.

Kind regards,

I Putu Eddo Arthawan
Executive Manager

Reviewed 20 May 2014

I stayed two nights at the Dekuta Hotel; I booked through Agoda. Weeks later, I started receiving email newsletters about activities and events in Bali. Everything in that newsletter was purely marketing rubbish. As far as I can remember, I never subscribed to such newsletter and the only people in Bali who got to know my email were the hotel staff. I tried to request (or even demand) many times already the removal of my email from the mailing list but as of writing this review, it is clear that they have not yet done so as I just received another newsletter from them.

My advice: Do not stay at this hotel if you do not want to receive persistent marketing rubbish after your stay.

The hotel overall may be somewhat satisfactory but consider the fact that they blatantly send you spam AFTER your stay and they will never remove your email from their mailing list despite numerous requests/demands. They may be accommodating while you're still staying at the hotel but they are apathetic and rude once your stay is over.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank algener
Reviewed 16 May 2014

comfortable and near to beach, shopping mall and night life entertainment, but need to get more clean in the room, I think the staff need more pay attention to the cleaning in the room, specially in bath room. So far no more complaint about this hotel.

Room Tip: higher floor room more clean and quiet.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Meis3004
Reviewed 15 May 2014 via mobile

Although dekuta doesn't have the best pool in Bali, the most fancy rooms by far it has the best location.
For 17-24 year olds anyway
It is right next to the beach, excellent tattooists, the Mushie bar, the clubs and the big shopping centre, kodak money changer is near
And of course for the end of every night out- it's extremely close to mcdonalds
Only downfall is the breakfast however it's already included in the price so it's not like your missing out on anything
Having said that, the breakfast might not be amazing but the lunch and dinner menu ESPECIALLY the carborna is amazing.
Also they need to clean the rooms more thoroughly like every other hotel
Even though it's near the clubs you can't hear the noise
I stay elsewhere when I come with my family (cause they pay for it!) but when traveling with my friends I won't stay anywhere else! They always have a deal on with the rooms to get them supercheap
The beds and pillows are hell comfy
It's great value for your money and I recommend everybody who asks to stay here
I come to Bali around four times a year and stay at this fabulous hotel.

• Stayed: November 2013
Reviewed 9 May 2014 via mobile

Just got back from an 8 night stay in Bali and DeKuta. Really like this hotel. Good location, friendly and very helpful staff. My only issue was the toilet in our room didn't work, we ended up using the one in the lobby. Like other reviews have mentioned there isn't much sun around the pool chairs but if tanning is what you're after the beach is only a few minutes walk away. For under $100 per night including breakfast I would stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed 8 May 2014

Booked a 2 nights stay for 2 rooms during a short trip to Bali in March. First disappointment, requested high floor not knowing that the hotel does not have elevator. Yes, their highest floor may just be 3 storeys but having to climb up the stairs after having too many bintangs is very challenging... Second disappointment air-con was not functioning well! Imagine the heat in Bali and waiting forever for the air con to cool the room... even leaving the air con on when we left the room for a couple of hours doesnt make any difference. both rooms we booked had this issue and when we called them to check it out, they just switched it off and then turned it on and said ok. you must be kidding me... i am sitting in the room sweating buckets and he said ok? Third disappointment room floor was filthy! it is dusty and dirty. we had to use the towels to clean the floor. Fourth disappointment bed has ants crawling! Its bad enough I had to deal with a warm air con and now ants crawling on me while i'm trying to sleep? Had enough for one night so I forfeited my second night payment and went to book another hotel in kuta which is much cheaper but with better amenities!

Room Tip: DO NOT request for high floor if you do not wish to climb up the stairs. And make sure the air con i...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank nasteestar
Reviewed 8 May 2014

Recommended by my cousin, I went ahead to book, stayed for 3 nights and loved every bit of the hotel. Rooms are clean and bed's comfy plus, Wi-fi's a breeze here. Hotel's just 5a short walk to Kuta Beach and 10mins away from Hard Rock Café. In summary - Strategically located.
Will definitely stay there for my next trip.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo