“Top Choice!”
Review of Dekuta Hotel

Dekuta Hotel
Ranked #98 of 251 Hotels in Kuta
Reviewed 19 July 2014

I love this hotel and stay here regularly.
It’s located in Poppies Lane Two and is close to everything in Kuta
The rooms are modern and spacious, and cleaned every day.
The restaurant has recently been renovated and it has a terrific menu and excellent espresso coffee.

- Nice pool
- Good free wifi
- Great value
- Best of all are their genuinely friendly and helpful staff

I will keep coming back here. Top choice!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Andrew P
Eddoarthawan, Manager at Dekuta Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

Hi Andrew,

Thank you so much for your comment after staying few times at dekuta. I really appreciate it. We had a pleasure to serve you every time you stay. We definitely will continue giving the best service to you and other guests. We look forward to welcoming you again at dekuta. Thank you.

I Putu EddoArthawan

Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

All interior design is superb.. great service.. too bad no free breakfast.. and the bed is way too soft so my back feel hurts when i got up in the morning.. hope you can fix this up..thanks eric for your hospitality

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Eddoarthawan, Manager at Dekuta Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2014

Dear Ivan S,

We really appreciate that you took the time to write some comments while staying at dekuta. We glad to read that you like our design and loved our service.
The issues you mentioned regarding the mattress quality have been noted accordingly so that we can improve our bed condition in the future.
To maintain our competitive value of our room rate and high quality of our breakfast, we serve a la carte menus for breakfast and brunch with some reasonable additional charge for an array of variety Western, Indonesian and Asian fusion food.
We do hope that this experience will not impair your trust in dekuta and we can host you again the near future.

Reviewed 14 July 2014

Me and my friend stayed at dekuta hotel for 5 nights and we were definitely satisfied with our stay. We got a room that faced the pool and the view outside was very refreshing. The bedroom was clean and neat, with cozy dim light and calm atmosphere. I just love resting in my room so much. It was very comfortable and made you wanna stay in bed all day long :)

The bathroom was clean, with a warm shower and a bath tub. The staffs were very helpful with all our needs. They responded to our call and came to our room quick when we needed something.

The location was very great. It's only 5 minutes walking distance to Kuta beach and Beachwalk. The food from the restaurant (Nebularoom) was so awesome and tasty!

Will definitely come back to this hotel for our next visit :)

Room Tip: I think the rooms facing the pool are the best because you get more fresh air and view
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Irene C

Dear Irene C,
Our warmest appreciation for sharing your experience with us following to your recent stay at dekuta. We are happy to know that you had a great experience and that you had chance to enjoy all the hotel and services especially you had a beautiful feeling of our bed quality.

We greatly appreciated your comments and hope to welcome you back to dekuta in the near future!

Reviewed 12 July 2014

When got into Dekuta Hotel, we were warmly greeted by the friendly hotel staff at the reception. The lobby is cozy with couches to sit on.

Upon entering the room, we were surprised with how cold the temperature is. And wow the room is tidied up nicely and so clean. We were surprised too with how spacious it is.

The room we got has a desk with 2 mugs and packets of instant coffee, sugar and cream. Loved watching on LCD TV, there's a mini fridge and has complimentary 2 bottles of water.

I would love to stay at this hotel again. Bed was big and so comfortable, also the pillows. Closet was huge with hangers. The aircon work perfectly fine! The bathroom got a nice bath tub and shower area with towels.

What we liked about the hotel is it's ambiance. Since the weather is breezy, we can hear the rustling of leaves from outside and it gives you beach feels. We loved the nature-y feel of the hotel too! We slept nicely and if we could we just wanted to stay on bed because it is too comfortable.

We didn't have any issues with the staff as they were always smiling, very approachable, pleasant and accommodating. They also got a car rent service at the corner of the lobby too if you want to go around with a driver or without in a reasonable price.

We liked the pool outside our room as it is clean and nice to swim into during the day and especially if you want to do night swimming with friends.

Location wise: we like where the hotel is situated, 1 minute walk and you will be at the Beachwalk where restaurants, bars and different establishments are located at. And it was pretty close to Kuta beach, I think you'll get there in 2-4 minutes walk.

We didn't have to walk to get into a restaurant tho, we can call for room service and order food since the hotel got it's own NEBULAROOM which ranks #4 as best restaurant in Legian, and on the top 30 of restaurants in Bali. Will do a separate review for it, check the reviews here -> http://www.tripadvisor.com.ph/Restaurant_Review-g608487-d5530178-Reviews-Nebularoom-Legian_Bali.html

OVERALL: We loved our stay in the hotel and we would love to come back there too. Very recommendable. I hope you enjoy your stay there too as much as we did!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Kinseu
Eddoarthawan, Manager at Dekuta Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2014

Dear Kinseu,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience in staying at dekuta Hotel. We are more than happy to read how much you enjoyed spending your stay with us as a home far away from home. We look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future and in the meantime, if we may be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us. Thank you.

Reviewed 26 June 2014

My family and I wanted to visit Kuta on our recent holidays to Bali and we booked at Dekuta for a couple of nights.

It's a small hotel only 3min walk from the beach. Rooms are clean, spacious and in very good condition! Even though it's located in Poppies 2 it's very quiet . It's well worth it for only 30€ a night/room.

We recommend to stay at Dekuta!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Eddoarthawan, Manager at Dekuta Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

Dear Maria M,

Thank you for writing such helpful review about dekuta Hotel. We are more than glad to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. We will keep maintaining our product and service to every guest. Hopefully we can serve you and your family soon. Thank you.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 23 June 2014

I stayed two nights at a partner hotel of 101 Legian. The hotel name was Dekuta Hotel; I booked through Agoda. Weeks later, I started receiving email newsletters (with a title "The 101 Legian eNews") about activities and events in Bali, particularly at 101 Legian Hotel. Everything in that newsletter was purely marketing rubbish.

As far as I can remember, I never subscribed to such newsletter, and the only people in Bali who got to know my email were the hotel staff of Dekuta Hotel. I tried to request (or even demand) many times already the removal of my email from the mailing list but as of writing this review, it is clear that they have not yet done so as I just received another newsletter from them dated 23 June 2014. My advice: Do not stay at either hotel (101 Legian or Dekuta) if you do not want to receive persistent marketing rubbish after your stay.

The two hotels overall may be somewhat satisfactory, but consider the fact that they blatantly send you spam AFTER your stay and they will not remove your email from their mailing list despite numerous requests/demands. They may be accommodating while you're still staying at either hotel but they are apathetic and rude once your stay is over.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Eddoarthawan, Manager at Dekuta Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Dear algener,

We appreciate your concern, interest and the time taken to bring these matters to our attention. We sincerely regret that you received promotion email from us especially regarding our hotel. This issue has been given some serious attention and the serious action has been taken so that other guests will not experience the same. However please note that we never give out our customers data to any other third party for any reason. So we did not have any relation with 101 Legian regarding their promotion email.
We hope you will give us the opportunity of welcoming you again in dekuta Hotel. Thank you.

Best regards,

Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

I go to Bali quite often and when I travel solo I find this hotel perfect on a low budget. Being in poppies 2 and close to the beach the location is perfect. Rooms are clean and for 50 bucks a night they are great. Stayed at dekuta in April and heading back in July.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Eddoarthawan, Manager at Dekuta Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

Dear Shimma8,

Thank you for writing such helpful review about dekuta Hotel. We are more than glad to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. We will keep maintaining our cleanliness of our hotel and we are looking forward to welcoming you on July.
In the meantime, if we may be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us. Thank you.