“Average Hotel with nice pool”

Bali Sandy Cottages
Ranked #215 of 253 Hotels in Kuta
Reviewed 18 June 2014

stayed here in march for a week, rooms average, but a lovely pool with swim up bar, but down a very dark lane off poppies 2,breakfast is disgusting........... felt very nervous every time we had to walk down it of a night time, not many restaurants in the area, but a bit of a walk and the new boardwalk shopping centre is close..........
wouldn't stay there again, plenty of other cheap places to stay

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 18 May 2014 via mobile

I mainly checked into here as this is where my mate had is booked in to stay in August. I was over in Bali for 5 days and after doing a couple of days of Scuba Diving I stayed in Kuta until my flight home.

I have been to Bali many times before and have stayed in lots of places. Bali Sandy is typical of most budget resorts around it's price with a few exceptions.

Firstly, there was no refrigerator in my room. I called down to the desk and they "found one" and bought it up to me. I then carried it into my room and plugged it in. No LCD TV or in room movies or mini bar as advertised but that didn't bother me too much.

The pool bar didn't exist. It was there but nothing was in it. No staff, no fridges, no drinks. You were unable to get served a drink while in the pool. You had to get out, dripping wet, go to the restaurant and wait, order your drink and then return to the pool.

The WiFi never worked. Apparently it only works next to the pool or in the restaurant but even when I was in the restaurant I couldn't get access. I was able to log on to their router but couldn't get any internet. I was told maybe too many people where using it. There was 6 people visible in the restaurant.

Lastly, the air conditioner was unable to cool the room at all. It was a little undersized for the room (i used to sell air con) and struggled with the humidity. On a less humid day it may have worked better.

Anyway, I walked down to Jalan Legian, found another hotel and checked in. I went back to Bali Sandy, collected my things and gladly left in a cab. Unfortunately my friends and I are still booked in for August and even though we strongly asked to be moved due to the gross misrepresentation of the hotels facilities we are unable to do so.

Not looking forward to the two weeksin August now.

• Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed 5 April 2014

Value for Money is great. In the middle of Kuta, but relaxing Cottages with a large pleased garden and huge swimmingpool. Cosy huge room with coffee facilities, nice balcony with a view to the pool. Really relaxing after coming back from the busy Kuta. Breakfastbuffet at the terrace. Friendly staff and very quiete. Have been there twice and I'll go back there.

Room Tip: I prefer first floor, but it doesnt matter which room ...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Rose33333
Reviewed 2 March 2014 via mobile

Everything about this place is average. My room is standard with tv and AC, but there some problem with stinky smell ( i think its because of the old room) but when i request for room spay its took long time until i must come to thebreceptionist and ask by my self. For relief, the room design like balinese cottage with terrace and there is pool and bar on it. So, my room design with rose petal on bed, bath and i got a fruit platter. And that all. But for the price and location this place is give you standard value. You can take the other hotel near beach with little higher price or searching another place which same far away and same price with this hotel.
For information: i've little difficully to find this place at first and the operator which i call didn't help to much. I must walk far away from zero monument.

• Stayed: February 2014
Reviewed 29 January 2014

Sometime when you saw comments on balisandy it sounds terrible, but hey since you have low budget, i think this place is the perfect place for you to stay. I've been here with my family on celebrating 60th bday of my father. The most wonderful place would be swimming pool. The most annoying thing would be the location (if you rent a car, if not then it won't be a problem for you). The swimming pool seems open until 9pm by the hotel although there's no more light & it could bother you with the noise of people laughing or yelling sometimes. Hotel is very old & need renovation as soon as possible. Room at 1st floor is older than the room at 2nd floor. Bed sheet is rough & need to renew, so is the bed & pillow. Bath room is quite smelly sometimes. Bfast need more challenging on timing refill for food & glass. If you had more time for outside activities, then i think this place is quite enough for you. Beware on the reservation type of room, it could get more tricky because twin bed is more available then double bed that they probably have.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank ririn_carolina
Reviewed 28 January 2014

We stayed for 2 weeks - last week in December 2013 and the 1st week in January 2014. I've seen "professional" photos on various websites showing lovely rooms with colourful matching bed linen arranged with flowers and beautiful room lighting etc. The real thing is nothing like these photos at all! The rooms are dirty, the bedlinen that was once white is now stained and there is a small old style CRT TV in the corner. We booked a ground floor room more than 8 months in advance. When we arrived we were told that none were available and that we would have to spend the first day & night in an upstairs room. No big deal . . . except the only room available was disgusting! The bathroom was filthy, smelly and mouldy. The shower is in the bath and the water would not drain - so you ended up standing in ankle deep water. The vanity had the same problem of not draining. To make things worse there was no hot water - not even warm!! The toilet was gross and there were cracked & missing tiles everywhere in the bathroom. The doors to the balcony had a 2cm gap between them and would not lock. When we opened the main door to leave and change rooms it fell off it's hinges. We moved into the second room - bottom floor. We were sitting on the balcony and we could hear running water coming from the bathroom. It was pouring through the ceiling and flooding the bathroom. Apparently the guy upstairs was having a bath and somehow this was his bathwater?? Add to this that the bathroom was no different than the first one with the water not draining in this one either so we complained again. We accepted a lower grade room after first checking that the water was hot & at least drained. The general condition of the room was still the same - obviously this is the norm as we have now been in 3 different rooms. The towels had huge holes & tears in them and were only replaced half of the time, the sheets were replaced on our second last day even though we request this after the first week. The breakfast was very basic including 3 hot dishes that were always cold no matter when you got there and the pool had algae growing in it. I hope you are getting the picture! If you like cheap & nasty then go for it - because that is what you'll get.

Room Tip: My best room tip is - do yourself a favour and stay at another motel.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Peter P
Reviewed 21 January 2014

We stayed here for 5 nights. The Staff were friendly and helpful, pool was good as well. Thats about all though. The room was falling apart around is. There was a roof tile missing so a hole in the roof, the bedding was stained, there were ants all over the floor as well. The last 2 nights the drain in the bathroom stunk so was leaching a disgusting smell throughout the room. It was a very noisy place as we were on the third floor and the while building seemed to echo. One morning at about 8.30am had a knock on the door while still in bed and they were wanting to clean our room - no do not disturb sign anywhere. According to the website it had just been renovated??? I guess you get what you pay for - $35AUD per night, just misleading information.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple