“Spacious Room, Good Value”

Best Western Resort Kuta
Ranked #173 of 340 Hotels in Kuta
Singapore, Singapore
“Spacious Room, Good Value”
Reviewed 24 June 2011

I have stayed in this hotel for 3days. We have booked for Deluxe Room but after check with the reception, they informed us that our room is Junior Suite Room. The room is very huge... The bed is soft and comfortable. Next to the bed is a seating area (is huge also, can be use as extra bed, I believe). Then still have a space for seating area and writing desk. The bathroom is complete with 4 fixtures (bathtub, wash basin, toilet and shower). And the door is complete with Card System (quite modern type of hotel.. normally in Bali, the hotel room is using key as a lockset)...

The restaurant is nice with view to the pool. Breakfast is not bad, have a various menu. The hotel staff is friendly.
But it is quite noisy at night, from the road side.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank wLina

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Vietnamese first
Sweden
Reviewed 18 June 2011

We booked the hotel through Agoda and got a sweet deal - 46 USD incl. breakfast. Overall we were happy, the rooms are great (air-con, all the comfort you need, and the bed is huge and comfy), and the breakfast buffe is well above what you expect from Asia. Staff was superfriendly and the pool area is nice. The rooms had free wi-fi.

Downside was, the hotel is a bit far from Kuta, even with their shuttle buss (takes you to Discovery Mall, once every second hour between 10-20). From the dropoff point for the shuttle bus it´s still a 10 minutes walk from the centre of Kuta. The area in which the hotel is doesn´t offer anything and the streets feel a bit unsafe at night, to grab a taxi from Kuta if you miss the shuttle bus.

We had a room facing the reception and had some trouble sleeping because of the loud traffic just outside.

I would recommend the hotel for someone travelling on a budget wanting a few nights comfort, maybe before catching a flight (It´s close to the airport), but be aware that it is a bit far from the center and a bit loud. Overall impression is good though.

Room Tip: rooms facing pool are more quiet.
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Lisnorl
Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed 17 June 2011

it's just 5 minutes (or $1-$2 by cab) from Kuta centre and beach. Nice rooms, (try the de luxe rooms) great beds. We paid $ 49,-per night, breakfast buffet included... and that was realy excellent value for money

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank NobRotterdam
, General Manager at Best Western Resort Kuta, responded to this review, 3 July 2012
Dear value guest,

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at +62811395924.

Tommy B. Santoso
BEST WESTERN Resort Kuta
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 8 June 2011

We stayed in their basic room, which was clean and adequate and had everything you need. The universal power point was useful for international travelers. The hotel was a 5-10min walk through busy narrow local streets to get the shops and restaurants of Kuta. Not a place to stay if you want to be close to the beach, but we found it was a good base to start exploring Kuta and Bali. They welcomed us with rose petals on the bed for out honeymoon, which was a very nice touch especially considering the price bracket.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank LBAus84
Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed 26 May 2011

I booked from Agoda for a superior room with twin bed. While driving from airport to the hotel, our taxi driver told us, "Mam, this hotel is closed". What? How come? Btw, I told him to keep driving toward this hotel. Oh, it opens and operates normally. Well, I don't wanna discuss about it, anyway.

Overall, this hotel is suitable for those who:
- seek for a quite stay, free from a hussle bussle area of Kuta.
- keep comfortable distance from tourism life of Kuta. It's within about 10mnts walking distance through short cut.
- can enjoy night life in Musro Karaoke & Cabaret.
- look for a very close to mini market. Circle K is right in front of it.
- hope for an international standard service within it's class.
- like quick check in & out.
- seek for a nice swimming experience. It has pool side bar & pool side restaurant. The pool it self is not big, but representatif. Its depth is 1.4 to 3 mtrs. There's also a kid pool.
- loves value for money.
- need in room safety box.
- need in room sofa.
- want wide range of breakfast choice.

Down side:
- bath tub in my room 1103 is rather clogged. It need to be repaired soon. I didn't feel comfortable with it.

Overall, I was satisfied.

Room Tip: Deluxe room in 1st floor are facing the pool.
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
4 Thank Erma72
Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed 23 May 2011

I chose to stay here because of the price (208 USD for superior room for 4 nights! ) and the quiet environment ( I dislike the hustle and bustle of Legian or Poppies area). I was shocked when my taxi driver told me the Hotel is in trouble due to license issue and just 10 minutes after boarding taxi in the airport (it is very close to airport) I saw the white board just beside the best western hotel logo that literary says "The hotel is closed". This board is disguised with a white cloth but we can still read what it says. I felt a bit cheated somehow, and feeling like breaking the law. Although, the driver assures me that there is no way the guests will suffer because of this ordeal.

But the worry and shock flew away after the staffs greet me and welcomed us with guava juice. The staffs are helpful, full of smiles, and always remember my name everytime I pass the reception desk.
The room was huuuugge (superior) it is located in the third story facing the east (the owner's house), which I think is the best location. I had no noise problem at all. No molds, the AC is a bit slow to cool but after 1-2 hours it does its job well, nice amenities, strong hot shower. The breakfast was adequate, not too special. Come early to get the best seat which is facing the pool. No AC so a bit warm for me, but Hey it's Bali,,,it's suppose to be warm.
A bit walk (10 mins) to Kuta center (passes a bar area which can be scary to walk at night since we're group of girls) just order cab or rent a bike.
Tips : If you're a foreigner, be absolutely wary of the "beachboys" that often hang out near kuta..if you want to bargain for example to rent a bike, it's best to have a strong pokerface and don't hesitate to walk away when you feel something's wrong. Rent from a respectable tourist office is way more safe.

I recommend this hotel for ppl who comes to Bali to relax but conscious about budget and want to taste a bit of Kuta. If you have more budget, go to Seminyak or Nusa Dua or Ubud area to exp.real Bali.

Room Tip: Superior facing east is good and silent
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank KBrohet
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 20 May 2011

The locaiton is part of the way from the airport at Tuban and Kuta, though it is quite some distance from anything worth seeing. Off a minor road and the beach or shops need a taxi ride (there is a convenience store acrossw the road however).
The staff were pleasant and tried hard, though the hotel is showing some signs of wear and tear and noise is a problem. I had a deluxe room located above the restaurant and noise was bad at night and in the morning from 6am or so. Part of the reason for this is that the door to the room has a big gap below it and thus the noise from passers by is loud.

The decor is okay for a busget hotel but I wish it had a few grab rails in the combined bath/shower. There is free wifi in the rooms but it was very slow and useless at times.

I'd recommend it for an economical stay but not a romantic stay.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled solo