“Worst memery in my Bali trip”

Best Western Resort Kuta
Ranked #118 of 251 Hotels in Kuta
Beijing, China
“Worst memery in my Bali trip”
Reviewed 25 February 2014

The choice of living here is the only but worst thing we did in our Bali trip!
I stayed here in Feb22-24, 2014, with my father and mother.
1. After arrival, we found that the hotel was under construction with its swimming pool. I didn't get any notice while booking it 2 month ago. So the whole place looks dirty and messy anywhere. The hotel just provide free shuttle bus to its sister hotel if you want to swim in the pool, that's OK. But why we have to swim in the pool in another hotel while we choose this hotel beside the beach? Why not we book another hotel with swimming pool and good looking while we stay?
2. Very noisy in the room. We three adults live in superior room with a extra bed. First night we arriving, we heard heavy noisy coming from outside. Sounds like some machine in the factory is working. After we sleeping, the noisy gets harder and harder. We call the front dest about the issue, told that we can't suffer, then one of the manager came in my room, told me that the noisy was from the construction place, they had asked the stuff stop. The time had been 12:00pm at midnight! All of my family just would like to sleep! Obviously, the noise is not from what this manager said, it was still alive! I asked if we could change a room, but this manager is entangled with me if we should pay for extra money before he found we have paid for extra bed. The new room is just under the floor at the same place with the previous room. The noise stood still!
In the next morning, I went out to see where was the noise coming from, obviously the whole floor you could hear such sound, I found it came from A/C unit of every room, they are put separately outside of room. This 4 star hotel even don't have a central air-con system!
Then, I asked if there's a room we could live without hearing the sound. They provided us another room. The sound was even seriously, I was tired of do anything. So, the two night we stay, their customer totally didn't sleep! I recorded the sound in the room and show it to the front dest when we check out. The front desk just say sorry. Nobody apologizes for our sleeping.
3. The photo I attached show the dirty of the wall in the room. Such similar poor hardware you could see anywhere in this hotel.
4. The only thing good is the breakfast and the stuff in the restaurant.
I will consider if I should choose Best Western brand in my future trip in other place.

Room Tip: I didn't find a room without noise in this hotel. Who can help me?
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Vietnamese first
Gold Coast, Australia
Reviewed 5 February 2014

I have stayed at the Best Western Resort 5-6 times and the reason I keep coming back (apart from always having a wonderful stay) is the value for money.

ROOM/SUITE
$50 per night is great value. Rooms are really big, the super king size beds are really very comfortable and the clean quality cotton linen/bedding is lovely.

The rooms have a wonderful deep bath and the shower pressure is great!!!

BREAKFAST
People have been commenting how 'lousy or horrible' the breakfast is. I disagree. For a complimentary buffet style breakfast in Bali they have a large range on offer. The egg station is fantastic. Try their "works" omelette - Has onion, chicken, capsicum, mushroom etc - 2 of those to start your day were beautiful. Hot and cold Asian/western foods, a large assortment of bread/buns/cakes, as well as fruit, cheese slices, yogurt, breakfast cereals were on offer. Not to mention a choice of 4 fruit juices. I don't know what some people expect! For a complimentary breakfast - 5 stars from us!

SWIMMING POOL
Although the swimming pool was being restored while we were there, that did not effect our stay what so ever. Hotel has a free service where they take you to the Best Western Villa's grounds and you have full access to the resorts pool, and a return drop off.

We had a deluxe room beside the pool, and the reconstruction noise wasn't intruding or annoying. We enjoyed watching the reconstruction and bantered allot with the workers, sometimes buying them 8-10 cans of drink from the shop across the road and stacking them in an ice bucket. Their smiles and appreciation was lovely.

LOCATION
We always hire a scooter, so getting in and out of the area has never been a problem for us. We find it super central to everything. The hotel is located approx 2-3 min taxi drive to waterbom park, and a further 5-7 minutes to Kuta Square (depending on traffic of course). Airport is only a few kilometers away, and this has always been appealing to us. You are always guaranteed a short trip to the airport.

LAUNDRY + SHOP
There is a laundry directly across the road (to the left of circle K) that charges washing by the kilo. So very cheap. We had a 2x dress, 3 x t-shirts, socks, undies, shorts etc - cost was $1.50AU. There is also two shops for drinks/snacks etc also directly across the road - open 24 hours.

THE STAFF
The staff are what make this place truly memorable. ALL OF THE STAFF - From check in time, to check out time - They can't do enough for you - and always with a smile, 'No Problem'.

Yes, I agree - The Best Western isn't super "modern' but it has all the creature comforts of home and is very clean and tidy. We will continue to go back, we LOVE the Best Western.

Room Tip: Choose a ground level room by the pool
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Just0neMore
Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed 2 February 2014

The hotel is quite old. The breakfast is lousy. There is no internet connection during our stay. I think its time for them to consider renovation of redesigning of rooms. Bathroom doesnt smells nice. There are mosquitoes and insecdts in there. Service is quite good Generally, i didnt enjoy it.It could have been more enjoyable if the pool is ready.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank teddy g

Travellers are raving about these Kuta hotels

Regensburg, Germany
Reviewed 23 January 2014

Stayed here for 2 days,the location is bit far away from the main area.Rooms are big and well equipped,clean and tidy.the breakfast buffet options was poor.The staffs are friendly.But wouldnt go back there,as good hotels are available near the centre.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank leksarun
Vasai
Reviewed 22 January 2014

My xperience little bit different
I really enjoyed my stay at hotel
In fact we used to seat at banyan tree at hotel lobby everyday even though we were tired
They Hv created beautiful n serene atmosphere
We enjoyed specia Balinese food n it was good
Staff was so good ,they made our happiness multiple
In fact we offered them a small chocolate treat

Yes,swimming pool was not at all clean,all my four days of stay,which was little bit of not good thing

Room Tip: Both swimming pool facing n lobby facing
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 8 January 2014

Not only were we the only people having a meal. But we couldnt get service and we we did the waiters had enormous frowns on thier faces. They were upset because they we setting up for breakest at 7 pm the night before. I have never had a family meal take 3 hours before. It was over priced food and the food was not that great either. I certainly wont go back there.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Singapore
Reviewed 24 December 2013

I would never ever come back to this hotel and will not recommend to my friends. The staffs are friendly but the hotel is quite rundown. And their working system is terrible. I was told during check out that we have to check out at 1pm. When we got our luggage down, we were then told that we are able to check out at 3pm. And so, we carried our bags upstairs again. After awhile in room we were told we have to check out at 3pm, otherwise there will be charges. So we went down again. And at downstairs, we were told we are able to check out at 6pm and no charges! Then we went up again and again was told that we have to pay!!! My family and I had to rush all the way down to check out again, carrying luggage and going up and down is not a joke at all especially we are at our senior age!!! The food is terrible too with given breakfast for free package, the food is terrible. The rooms are rundown. The only thing that is nice are the staffs are friendly. Other than that I would not recommend. It is quite far from the beach too, inaccessible. Not recommend for children or elderly. There are better hotels with much cheaper prices just right beside and nearby!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family