“good value for money, but nothing special”

Best Western Resort Kuta
Ranked #117 of 251 Hotels in Kuta
Bandung, Indonesia
“good value for money, but nothing special”
Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed there 3 nights. Rooms OK, however aircon was very poor. Also 1 day no housekeeping was done. Just took fresh towels from the trolley which was outside my room the whole period....
Good walking distance to city center.
May stay again for short period, but can not recommend for long holidays.

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Peter M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Vietnamese first
Reviewed 27 May 2014

11 of us arrived at this hotel on the 26th of May 2014. We have 4 rooms between us and they are all below the standard which we expected. The hotel appears to be quite luxurious and the rooms have nice furniture, comfortable beds and lots of channels on the tv etc.

The floorboards are so dirty (in all of the rooms) that when you walk on the floor bare feet, your feet turn black. We found a dead cockroach behind the toilet amidst a lot of dust and hair. There's black marks on the bed sheets and pillows in all of the rooms. We rang housekeeping and asked them to clean the rooms - one guy turned up in our room at 2am to mop the floor!!! Even after apparent 'housekeeping' there's still hair, dust and dirt in between furniture and on the floor.
Hotel staff are very ignorant... I understand there is a language barrier but the hotel manager seemed helpful at first then she walked off midway through a conversation to talk to an Indonesian hotel guest, without fully resolving our problems. The rest of the staff are polite but after a while 'okay okay' and 'sorry sorry' get very tedious for someone who is expecting a competent solution.
The only good thing about the hotel is the food (of which I have only tried breakfast). There's not a huge selection but the quality and taste are decent - a mix of Indonesian and continental cuisine.
Overall experience is pretty bad. We were expecting a lot more after all, one of the party had stayed at a Best Western in Kuta by the beach and said it was amazing quality hence the booking here. But we will definitely not be using this hotel again as there are others here which are far cleaner and better value.

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Soh93
EkoMKomari, Manager at Best Western Resort Kuta, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
Dear Soh93,

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

If I can provide any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at ssm@bwresortkuta.com

Treshia Lim
Manager
BEST WESTERN Resort Kuta

Travellers are raving about these Kuta hotels

Reviewed 27 May 2014

The resort is amazing!! Rooms are big and clean, free wifi is included, the restaurant service has good value, there is a massage centre inside the resort and in the swimming pool there is a very cool bar with the seats in the water!!!! The position is perfect to arrive in the centre of Kuta by walk and if you are interested to visit specified parts of Bali or to do activity it's enough that you ask at the reception and everybody will be nice to help you!!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 22 March 2014

Everything was just so perfect from the service, the food, the cleanliness and blah blah blah. Rooms are considerable spacious, and the queen sized beds is really comfortable to support my back during my sleep. Basically i really did enjoy the moment of my stay, and what kept me happy in the morning is their breakfast. They switched the buffet menu choices everyday, tasted good so it won't go ruin my day (I treat the hotel breakfast as a 1 of the crucial elements of happy stay). Overall, the price worth it all. And surprisingly, it wasn't a costly stay as my friend and I spent around RM200 for 3 nights. I kept recommending this resort to all my friends who going to visit Bali. Not forget to mention, there's several convenience mart just across the street and you can easily got your hand on what you need all day long (YESSS, it opens 24-hours!). Just in case the resort spa service is fully booked or closed, you may just drop by to the message centre (just right opposite to resort main door). Moderately skilled, but quite pricey. Not recommended to go anyway.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
4 Thank JinLiYoung
Beijing, China
Reviewed 25 February 2014

The choice of living here is the only but worst thing we did in our Bali trip!
I stayed here in Feb22-24, 2014, with my father and mother.
1. After arrival, we found that the hotel was under construction with its swimming pool. I didn't get any notice while booking it 2 month ago. So the whole place looks dirty and messy anywhere. The hotel just provide free shuttle bus to its sister hotel if you want to swim in the pool, that's OK. But why we have to swim in the pool in another hotel while we choose this hotel beside the beach? Why not we book another hotel with swimming pool and good looking while we stay?
2. Very noisy in the room. We three adults live in superior room with a extra bed. First night we arriving, we heard heavy noisy coming from outside. Sounds like some machine in the factory is working. After we sleeping, the noisy gets harder and harder. We call the front dest about the issue, told that we can't suffer, then one of the manager came in my room, told me that the noisy was from the construction place, they had asked the stuff stop. The time had been 12:00pm at midnight! All of my family just would like to sleep! Obviously, the noise is not from what this manager said, it was still alive! I asked if we could change a room, but this manager is entangled with me if we should pay for extra money before he found we have paid for extra bed. The new room is just under the floor at the same place with the previous room. The noise stood still!
In the next morning, I went out to see where was the noise coming from, obviously the whole floor you could hear such sound, I found it came from A/C unit of every room, they are put separately outside of room. This 4 star hotel even don't have a central air-con system!
Then, I asked if there's a room we could live without hearing the sound. They provided us another room. The sound was even seriously, I was tired of do anything. So, the two night we stay, their customer totally didn't sleep! I recorded the sound in the room and show it to the front dest when we check out. The front desk just say sorry. Nobody apologizes for our sleeping.
3. The photo I attached show the dirty of the wall in the room. Such similar poor hardware you could see anywhere in this hotel.
4. The only thing good is the breakfast and the stuff in the restaurant.
I will consider if I should choose Best Western brand in my future trip in other place.

Room Tip: I didn't find a room without noise in this hotel. Who can help me?
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Gold Coast, Australia
Reviewed 5 February 2014

I have stayed at the Best Western Resort 5-6 times and the reason I keep coming back (apart from always having a wonderful stay) is the value for money.

ROOM/SUITE
$50 per night is great value. Rooms are really big, the super king size beds are really very comfortable and the clean quality cotton linen/bedding is lovely.

The rooms have a wonderful deep bath and the shower pressure is great!!!

BREAKFAST
People have been commenting how 'lousy or horrible' the breakfast is. I disagree. For a complimentary buffet style breakfast in Bali they have a large range on offer. The egg station is fantastic. Try their "works" omelette - Has onion, chicken, capsicum, mushroom etc - 2 of those to start your day were beautiful. Hot and cold Asian/western foods, a large assortment of bread/buns/cakes, as well as fruit, cheese slices, yogurt, breakfast cereals were on offer. Not to mention a choice of 4 fruit juices. I don't know what some people expect! For a complimentary breakfast - 5 stars from us!

SWIMMING POOL
Although the swimming pool was being restored while we were there, that did not effect our stay what so ever. Hotel has a free service where they take you to the Best Western Villa's grounds and you have full access to the resorts pool, and a return drop off.

We had a deluxe room beside the pool, and the reconstruction noise wasn't intruding or annoying. We enjoyed watching the reconstruction and bantered allot with the workers, sometimes buying them 8-10 cans of drink from the shop across the road and stacking them in an ice bucket. Their smiles and appreciation was lovely.

LOCATION
We always hire a scooter, so getting in and out of the area has never been a problem for us. We find it super central to everything. The hotel is located approx 2-3 min taxi drive to waterbom park, and a further 5-7 minutes to Kuta Square (depending on traffic of course). Airport is only a few kilometers away, and this has always been appealing to us. You are always guaranteed a short trip to the airport.

LAUNDRY + SHOP
There is a laundry directly across the road (to the left of circle K) that charges washing by the kilo. So very cheap. We had a 2x dress, 3 x t-shirts, socks, undies, shorts etc - cost was $1.50AU. There is also two shops for drinks/snacks etc also directly across the road - open 24 hours.

THE STAFF
The staff are what make this place truly memorable. ALL OF THE STAFF - From check in time, to check out time - They can't do enough for you - and always with a smile, 'No Problem'.

Yes, I agree - The Best Western isn't super "modern' but it has all the creature comforts of home and is very clean and tidy. We will continue to go back, we LOVE the Best Western.

Room Tip: Choose a ground level room by the pool
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Just0neMore
Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed 2 February 2014

The hotel is quite old. The breakfast is lousy. There is no internet connection during our stay. I think its time for them to consider renovation of redesigning of rooms. Bathroom doesnt smells nice. There are mosquitoes and insecdts in there. Service is quite good Generally, i didnt enjoy it.It could have been more enjoyable if the pool is ready.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends