“Stole our mobile phone and bedbugs!!! Do not stay here!”
Review of Kedin's II

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kuta
Kedin's II
Ranked #108 of 287 Kuta B&B and Inns
Reviewed 25 September 2012 via mobile

I stayed here for 4 nights during the high season July 2012. At first it all seemed good but then one morning I awoke scratching my entire body. Everything was really itchy and I thought maybe a mosquito had gotten into our room. But then at breakfast I noticed my skin started blowing up and turning really red . I had sores where the bites had been and no matter how hard I tried I couldn't stop itching. I googled bed bugs and the pictures given of the bites matched mine perfectly. They had attacked the back of my legs, arms and torso. We decided to leave that morning and rush to find a new room before checkout. When we got to the new room we realized we'd left our mobile phone in the drawer back in Kedin's. Fearing it would be taken by the next guest we borrowed a phone and rang ahead to tell them we were coming and could they please collect it and have it at reception. So the manager we speak to gets off the phone for 5 minutes, checks the room and returns. Its not in the drawer he tells us... Where could it have gone?.. We demanded he ask the cleaner or whoever had been in the room in that brief 1hr since we'd left but he just said it was never in the drawer. This was an inconspicuous draw that probably hadn't been opened for 3 months before we got there. When we stated we'd call the police to sort the matter out he requested that we "come and see him before we get the police just to check again". Guilty or what! He obviously walked into the room and stole the phone right from where we described that it was hidden. Horrible service!! We never got our phone back or an apology for the bed bugs. All he wanted was to know when we wanted to make our next booking. That phone had all my business contacts and important information on it. The lying cheat no doubt erased it and then probably sold it to another slimey character. The marks eventually faded from my bites but it took a full month for the redness to disappear. Never again will I stay here!!! Kedin's inn is run by liars. It will cost you more than you think to stay here. Please stay away from this man and hotel, nothing good will come from it. Avoid at all costs!

• Stayed: July 2012
3  Thank Jacqueline N

Reviewed 20 September 2012

Kedin's II is between Poppies I and Poppies II, so it's in the heart of Kuta but still very quiet at night (Unless there is a party going on in the next room). Kuta Beach can be reached in 10-15 min walk.
I stayed there 3 nights in September 2012, met lots of nice people (some of them living there for 1 month or more).
The room was more or less clean, bed comfortable, lots of storage space, fan was working fine, bathroom (with cold water only) had a shower and western toilet. The included breakfast was tee or coffe with fruit salad or toast and egg or pancake.
I paid 125'000 IDR per night, wifi costs 20'000 a day (only available in lobby). Staff was friendly enough. They don't take reservations and are usually fully booked, your best chance is to walk in between 9 am and 11 am when people are checking out.
Overall, the place is worth the money if you want to party in Kuta but still enjoy some relaxing time at the nice pool and are on a low budget.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 August 2012

Fantastic value for Kuta. Large rooms with big balcony's and a beautiful pool that stays in the sun for most of the day. Tucked away on a quiet lane between Poppie's I and II means that it's a little quieter than most places. Breakfast is good and served until late. Only downfall is the pretty gardens and a perfect home for mosquitos!! Wear spray and burn the mozzie coils in your room!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 May 2012

We stayed there 3 nights. We liked the spacious room, the excellent power pressure in the shower, the mattress was nice and we even had reading lights above the bed. Excellent garden and clean swimming pool. Really close from the beach. Located in a quiet gang, no traffic.
What we disliked :
No towels were provided for 190000 / night. Internet was not included in the price. Our room was quite dark, as it was located at the back of the garden, and we could hear the neighbour's rooster from 4am every morning. Music could be heard in the distance from the nightlife. No mosquito net above the bed, our room was full of mosquitoes (you need your mozzy net). The door lock was getting old, it was difficult to lock the door each time we'd go out.
Still we feel, the value for money was there, in comparison to other hotels we saw in the vicinity. We would go back.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 May 2012

Myself and dad came here in April 2012. We booked in as the room was nice and clean from when we checked it before paying for the room. When we came in the room for 30 minutes we found hair on the floor, stains on the bed and the bathroom had hair on the floor and some of the mirror was broken.
The service was great though, the pool area was nice and clean. Pool was great fun!!
We came back to check the bungalows out for our last couple of nights but we rejected as it was right next to the pool and we saw grown man throw bottles to each other and yelling around the pool area just not worth the stay!!
We found another hotel up the road which had better standards and a bigger pool.
Stayed April 21st - 22nd
I must admit the internet service was cheap and very fast!!
But if you want a cleaner to clean your room I think the are better hotels out there!!

Room Tip: Dont chose the rooms where you go up the stairs as you will hear all the night noise and or the one...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 March 2012

After trying to find a good place to stay in Kuta, my fiancee and I ended up staying here. We were going to stay here for a total of 8-9 nights but ended up leaving the second night.

The pool area is really nice, and it looks the business! But the rooms were definitely not!! Dirty, old and very over priced. For 30$ you didn't even get a hot shower.. The breakfast was just laughable..

For 32 $ you get allot better, just up the road!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Aleksmill
Reviewed 4 February 2012

Stayed for 10 nights at Kedins Inn.For $30 i couldn;t complain.Nice room on the second floor,although in would have like to have stayed in the ground floor bungalows.Rooms were nice and clean great a/c comfy beds,bad reception on the tv,not worth the $5 per day hire thats for sure.The place has a nice layed back vibe to it.The staff were always helpful and friendly.There is an attached restaurant and free pool table which is a bonus.Only ate at the restaurant 2 times,good service and not bad food.Great place to hang and have a beer,movies and people watching.I have stayed many times at Kuta Puri just down the road,Kedins in 1third the price and i feel almost as nice as kuta Puri.Enjoy.

Room Tip: Great budget hotel.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends