“Outstanding!”

Ranked #9 of 345 Kuta B&B and Inns
belgium
“Outstanding!”
Reviewed 8 March 2014

Stayed for a week there and had a wonderful time...beautiful pool in a lush garden, big clean rooms, tastefully furnished, cable tv, excellent hot shower...the staff is very helpful and the receptionist is a very funny guy! Breakfast is excellent too, plenty of choice
Very good value, and location is perfect, both the beach and the main shopping street, jalan legian, are within easy walking distance
Something to be aware of though is that the pool is of equal depth all around (i estimate 1.60 m) so might not be fit for small children

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
  • Indonesian first
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 4 March 2014

I have stayed here several times with my children and have loved the pool, large verandah, breakfasts, decor, friendly staff, lush garden, security, bathrooms and location. I was delighted to come back and stay - this time on my own and after a numebr of years - this place remains a firm favourite. Internet great so I am able to continue to work from here. Highly recommmended

Room Tip: Quiet side of hotel and upstairs
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Shenzhen, China
Reviewed 12 February 2014

I liked this hotel. Asian style,big rooms, good beds, big bathroom, great garden with pool, nice people working there. Poor internet connection but who cares in Kuta bout internet ))if im on that island once again I ll definitely stay there .

• Stayed September 2013
Oslo, Norway
Reviewed 16 January 2014

Me and my friend decided to stay at Uns, she had stayed there before and knew the hotel was nice. The garden is beautiful, with a big swimmingpool. The staff is friendly and fun to talk to. The room was nice, and it was cleaned every day. We had a room on the street side, and I'm a light sleeper, but didn't have any big problem with noise. The bathroom however was not the best, but it worked. Breakfast is included, and is great! Its served at the hotels restaurant The Balcony. Never miss you breakfast at uns :) The location is perfect if you want to be close, but not too close to the action. Its a 7-10min walk to the beach and 10min to the nightlife. However, it might be a little overpriced to other places I've stayed.

Room Tip: Request a room on the upper floor and away from the street to get away from any traffic noise.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
Coolangatta, Australia
Reviewed 27 December 2013 via mobile

This place is worse than a backpackers hostel gone wrong.
Filthy, smelly, mosquito ridden hell hole. There is no bathroom window, which backs onto overgrown swamp rubbish tip. The walls and floors were disgusting with black mould everywhere. They encourage cats, so the place stinks. The roof was leaking water onto our bed and we were asked to use a bucket, after I said that's not going to happen they moved us to another room. This time water was leaking onto our kids bed and we found prescription medication left in the room. When I confronted them about the medication we were told that it wasn't there fault. We decided that we were booking out early to never return again. This place is a hell hole that is overridden with a putrid smell.
If you do decide to stay there, I have warned you!!

Stayed December 2013
1 Thank mons75
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 November 2013

I am surprised to see so many negative reviews for this hotel, because I like nothing... but I liked this place. The included breakfast was scrumptious, the pool clean and warm, and the Front Desk staff funny and welcoming. I had concerns with housekeeping - like other reviewers have mentioned, housekeeping crosses the line and tries to extort money out of you - but after bringing this to the FD's attention this was resolved and the housekeeper was told not to speak to me. I thought that the price was very reasonable for what was a large, renovated room with air conditioning in a great location. I can't really fault it. I only take a star away from my overall rating of the property because of the housekeeper.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
Sun Peaks, Canada
Reviewed 12 November 2013

Kuta itself is mayhem. Un's is a great spot to get away from it all while still being right by the action. Quick walk to surf break, quick walk to main street. Breakfast was really good and rooms were all solid. Super helpful and laid back staff. If staying in Kuta again, will definitely stay here!

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends